Official Battle Tanks Community
Healing & Hull [exploit] - Printable Version

+- Official Battle Tanks Community (https://btanks.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Battle Tanks - Warcraft III (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Feedback (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Healing & Hull [exploit] (/showthread.php?tid=1576)

Pages: 1 2 3

Healing & Hull [exploit] - DOGG1 - 2009-01-24

In the server i play on, there area a bunch of lame children who have lately started to drop hulls to gain a massively unfair healing rate. I warn them not to exploit and if they continue, i ban. But its an epedemic now, you can understand that those with no skill/brains can't win any other way besides using exploits. It's runining the game, especially when i host noob friendly matches to teach people tanks.

Can you make it that when the hull is picked up, the HP capacity is increased but not filled, it must be done at a factory. That way dropping a hull would be a disadvantage. And it wouldn't really cause a problem when buying one.

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - Althend - 2009-01-24

Huh? The hull just makes the same percentage of hp.
Remiving the hull to regen faster is not a big deal too :o

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - DOGG1 - 2009-01-24

Althend Wrote:Huh? The hull just makes the same percentage of hp.
Remiving the hull to regen faster is not a big deal too :o
Basic scenario:

You are fighting against a tinker. He has teleport and can retreat from battle when low HP.
Tinker has gold hull. When low HP, he teleports back to control point, drops the hull and picks it back up and he is instantly refilled with HP. He can immideately go back to battle.
Other players have to buy an extended heal pack ($3000) to get this effect and it heals less HP and uses mana.

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - BENNIE.FM - 2009-01-24

lol funi reason to ban people if you ask me

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - twohits - 2009-01-24

y not try it urself... it is a good idea for any tank, if it isnt actually "cheating" and it works... thats just another way to eliminate ur opponents faster and effeciently, just a thought

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - ChronicStoned - 2009-01-24

i think its a feature.. but form tinkers it shouldn't work thats right...

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - Prog - 2009-01-24

It's just a feature, banning for that is hilarious. That's like banning players who dodge rockets by using teleporter :lol:

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - Morkardar - 2009-01-24

Yeah I like tinker doing this!
Especially when I am hunter/catapult/demon tank/heavy tank/anyone with teleport
I hope you get the point.
Droping hull is not allways the best you can doSmile

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - DerSatan - 2009-01-24

i lost about 5 hulls that i sold to the CP building accidently when doing it due to lag or not paying attention.

:mrgreen:

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - SCorpA1 - 2009-01-24

just get it back from the junkyard

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - DOGG1 - 2009-01-25

How the hell is that a "feature"?

In tanks there is a specific healing formula, so that massive tanks don't heal too fast (faster than what your weapon can damage). That's the balance of having a big tank - you can't heal like a monster so the enemy gets a chance to take away your massive HP.

What is the exact healing formula? Need it from one of the actual mapmakers.

Stupid things about dropping hull:
1: Unfair healing rate
2: Non-noob friendly
3: It's been spoken of as an exploit in the past.
4: Retarded if intentional (battletanks is about dropping items on the floor?)

Yes, point 4. The enjoyable part of tanks is that everything is automatic, you only walk and use skills. Gaining an advantage by dropping an item is plain stupid if you ask me, and it detracts from the gameplay. If allowed, everyone has to do it or they will be disadvantaged.

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - Prog - 2009-01-25

DOGG1 Wrote:How the hell is that a "feature"?

In tanks there is a specific healing formula, so that massive tanks don't heal too fast (faster than what your weapon can damage). That's the balance of having a big tank - you can't heal like a monster so the enemy gets a chance to take away your massive HP.

It's the feature of the ordinary wc3:tft! A simple example: You play nightelf and got an injured demonhunter with a circle of nobility and want to heal it by moonwells. Every good player (and even bad ones like me) drops his circlet, heals and then picks it up again, so your moonwells need less mana. This is implicit intended by blizzard, as the +hp/+mana bonus from such items is based on the procentual health/mana. If you got 50% hp and pick a +300hp item up, you get +150 from the total of +300 hp, so if you had 250/500 hp you'll have 400/800 after picking it up and if you had 500/500 you get 800/800. That's just a feature made by Blizzard.

DOGG1 Wrote:1: Unfair healing rate

Everyone can drop hulls, so it is not unfair.
DOGG1 Wrote:2: Non-noob friendly
Why should everything be noob friendly? If everything would be that way, the map would provide less longterm motivation.
DOGG1 Wrote:3: It's been spoken of as an exploit in the past.
When? Where? No player I know ever said it would be an exploit.

DOGG1 Wrote:4: Retarded if intentional (battletanks is about dropping items on the floor?)
Yes, point 4. The enjoyable part of tanks is that everything is automatic, you only walk and use skills. Gaining an advantage by dropping an item is plain stupid if you ask me, and it detracts from the gameplay. If allowed, everyone has to do it or they will be disadvantaged.

The enjoyable part of battle tanks is, that it seems simple but there are a lot of small things which can grant an advantage (Like the common "Easy to learn, hard to master"). For example dropping items, dodging skills by porter, etc, just like in normal wc3:tft, or sc:bw. If those games wouldn't have such little parts like stacking, dodging skills by porter/build something, dronesliding, stasisblocking, Zerg's Vespingas-trick, etc, they would never be as popular as they are.

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - Exodus - 2009-01-25

The healing rate is 4% per second, plus an additional 50 HP/s. The only purpose of the fixed healing is to speed up the game in the beginning and might add a little to the additional healing speed when dropping a hull, since you have less total HP.
But the real reason for the accelerated healing, is a little delay of the healing aura. The percentage healing is obviously regenerating more Hitpoints per second when you have more HP. When you drop your hulls it stays on this level for about 2 seconds, although you have less HP, which results in faster healing. It's a feature of Wc3.

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - Bhangbhangduc - 2009-01-25

Well this seems like a good opportunity to ask

Is healing rate affected at all by distance? Is it affected by whether you are moving or not? Do multiple factories stack? What about with Guards?

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - qweqqweq - 2009-01-25

that's a good question,

exodus, do you have any more files you can give us that shows everything like weapons formulas, heal rates, spell damages, etc?

and if you do can you put a link to the sight i need to go to to get a free program to read the file?

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - Exodus - 2009-01-25

The distance doesn't matter at all, you just have to be in range of the aura. Moving also doesn't affect the speed of healing. Multiple healing auras stack. It's possible to make it unstackabl, but it seems people doen't want to have this implemented.

Some where in the changelogs was stated that Guards no longer heal each other. Several days ago I noticed that they are still healing each other, this will be fixed with a little compensation by buffing another ability of the Guard.

@qweg: Nope, but in this case we could just make a thread and collect all those data.

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - Giftfinger - 2009-01-25

well i love to play scout and use the dropping of the hull for a good regeneration (so that i dont have to move back to my own cp) if i am sieging the other cp or their base.

I dont think it unfair. Because if i drop it as scout or tinker a demolisher might kill me in that moment. Espacially if i play demolisher i am just waiting for the tinker or the scout to make something like that, because if you can play you can get easy kills with your lava shot (i hope i rembered the name of the skill correctly).

And with later tanks the advandge of this tactic is not that strong anymore ^^

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - Shadow_Warrior. - 2009-01-29

Dropping the hulls at the cp isnt much of a concern to most people but I find it rather cheap when u get a player with a strength pack and power pack. They can drop one of these packs and use the other pack. Instead of gaining 5k hit points or h/o much the other one is, they get full health or a majority of their health back. They can now stay in the front lines for the entire battle. I found that to be rather annoying.

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - ChronicStoned - 2009-01-30

they don#t have to drop it anymore, the items dont share cooldown since last version

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - qweqqweq - 2009-01-30

shadow_warrior with all due respect you don't know what the hell you're talking about.