Official Battle Tanks Community
Healing & Hull [exploit] - Printable Version

+- Official Battle Tanks Community (https://btanks.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Battle Tanks - Warcraft III (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Feedback (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Healing & Hull [exploit] (/showthread.php?tid=1576)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - Morkardar - 2009-01-30

I think he knows... and it is trueSmile

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - aj0692 - 2009-01-31

I am one of the "noobs" who plays on the server dogg1 plays on. and i drop my hulls frequently. If there is something that everyone does that seems completely logical and FAIR (because everyone can do it its not like a hack or a cheat or anything) why wouldnt i do it.

As for this noob friendly bs. He hosts games with (noobs allowed)
I can understand the need to pull people into btanks to try and get them away from dotaTongue.
What i cant understand is that you are complaining about noob friendly, but in all games with you all you do all game is rage and whinge about the noobs on your team.
I think we have seen from the responses of the btanks community that hull dropping is not an exploit or a cheat its just a part of warcraft 3. so if you really want to take it up with someone
go whinge to blizzard.

I ask this. If you were a noob and came into the game which someone constantly raged and whinged about ur lack of skills? Would you continue to play that map?
Is raging at someone noob friendly?

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - Conj - 2009-01-31

one day its exploiting 3rd world countries, and now some have found a way to exploit a harmless warcraft3 map. you should be ashamed of yourselves and your children cop psycho magic at death

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - MugenJin - 2009-01-31

Dropping a hull exposes you to risks. Tinkers can die to one hits if in range. There are many skills which have extended range to take advantage of this tinker dropping his hp. I'm sure the wiley player can come up with a strat to deal with it.

Cheers,
Moogs.

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - FAM_Plyvak - 2009-02-02

dogg1, on what serv are u playing?
cauz just a few days ago, a host started to talk shit to me, because i used helicopter + gold hull + repair robot.
imo its good strategy vs noobs, and it let end game much faster, cauz i dont need to come back to point to heal.
and as ppl said here, i dont see any cheats here too.

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - horselance - 2009-02-02

When i play vs bots or noobs, i always use helli + hull + repair kit. But it is not a good tactic that you can use in normal+ games...

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - FenrirWulfric - 2009-02-03

DOGG1 Wrote:In tanks there is a specific healing formula, so that massive tanks don't heal too fast (faster than what your weapon can damage). That's the balance of having a big tank - you can't heal like a monster so the enemy gets a chance to take away your massive HP.

The healing formula, as said before (you didn't read the rest of the forums to find it but Exodus was kind enough to repost it) is 4% per second, plus an additional 50 HP/s

So "massive tanks" heal a higher number of hitpoints per second, it's just a lower % of their total. That means "massive tanks don't heal too fast" is a false statement.

"You can't heal like a monster so the enemy gets a chance to take away your massive HP" last time I checked 1000HP isn't massive compared to 13k.

Noob confession: I double gold hull against dogg1 with a helicopter (I love heliTongue ) so of course I drop my hulls to heal instantly. In one game an enemy with heavy tank hit me with the long range missile thingy then camped both my hulls (was at a factory outside their base that got destroyed). It's a risk you take with hull dropping; getting insta-pwned and hull camped. I had to wait for my teammates to push forward before getting my hulls - I copped 2 deaths in attempts getting them back. Concluding hull-drops are a gamble that pay off more than they don't

FAM_Plyvak Wrote:dogg1, on what serv are u playing?
Bored Aussies - You wouldn't've seen himTongue

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - m0rb - 2009-02-05

aj0692 Wrote:I am one of the "noobs" who plays on the server dogg1 plays on. and i drop my hulls frequently. If there is something that everyone does that seems completely logical and FAIR (because everyone can do it its not like a hack or a cheat or anything) why wouldnt i do it.

As for this noob friendly bs. He hosts games with (noobs allowed)
I can understand the need to pull people into btanks to try and get them away from dotaTongue.
What i cant understand is that you are complaining about noob friendly, but in all games with you all you do all game is rage and whinge about the noobs on your team.
I think we have seen from the responses of the btanks community that hull dropping is not an exploit or a cheat its just a part of warcraft 3. so if you really want to take it up with someone
go whinge to blizzard.

I ask this. If you were a noob and came into the game which someone constantly raged and whinged about ur lack of skills? Would you continue to play that map?
Is raging at someone noob friendly?

aj, DOGG1 has been hosting bt games for a lonnnnnng time, DOGG1 hosts noobs allowed games to introduce new people to the wonder that is battletanks. the only reason why he "rages" is that in the teaching process, they sell their weapons every 10 min, hull drop and then dont pick it up or attempt to hull drop to copy pros and drop it on their factory and sell it, never reply to instructions, never follow instructions, find it impossible to understand OR even READ tooltips, at the beginning of the game dont understand where to buy weapons from, purchase creeps weapon upgrades and then sacrifice themselves to lightforce and to top it all off they dont even acknowledge u! talk back or anything. now if your going to teach someone to play and they dont listen or reply to u, you would get annoyed. now think of this happening 6000 times. you would be a bit pissed off, now i find those reasons good enough to ban someone, no point wasting good bandwidth on someone who isnt going to listen. now on the part of hull dropping; its a disadvantage to one who doesnt own a hull, might have bought a frost tank for eg. now someone with the same amount of hp with hulls on board has an advantage of practicly an instant heal compared to the frosts hp regen. (eg) more time on the front line = more creep killin = more money = exploit

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - FenrirWulfric - 2009-02-08

m0rb Wrote:aj, DOGG1 has been hosting bt games for a lonnnnnng time, DOGG1 hosts noobs allowed games to introduce new people to the wonder that is battletanks. the only reason why he "rages" is that in the teaching process, they sell their weapons every 10 min, hull drop and then dont pick it up or attempt to hull drop to copy pros and drop it on their factory and sell it, never reply to instructions, never follow instructions, find it impossible to understand OR even READ tooltips, at the beginning of the game dont understand where to buy weapons from, purchase creeps weapon upgrades and then sacrifice themselves to lightforce and to top it all off they dont even acknowledge u! talk back or anything. now if your going to teach someone to play and they dont listen or reply to u, you would get annoyed. now think of this happening 6000 times. you would be a bit pissed off, now i find those reasons good enough to ban someone, no point wasting good bandwidth on someone who isnt going to listen. now on the part of hull dropping; its a disadvantage to one who doesnt own a hull, might have bought a frost tank for eg. now someone with the same amount of hp with hulls on board has an advantage of practicly an instant heal compared to the frosts hp regen. (eg) more time on the front line = more creep killin = more money = exploit

If he's been hosting for a long time, he should've figured out by now that people won't listen and stop hosting "noobs allowed" games when he BANS -every- single noob in them!

m0rb Wrote:its a disadvantage to one who doesnt own a hull, might have bought a frost tank for eg. now someone with the same amount of hp with hulls on board has an advantage of practicly an instant heal compared to the frosts hp regen. (eg) more time on the front line = more creep killin = more money = exploit

m0rb

OK look, buying a hull costs money, that money can be used instead for weapons or a new tank which can cause your new, more powerful skills, to overcome the hull!
This may shock you m0rb, but there are only 6 slots for items, having a hull reduces your damage capabilities because you have less slots for weapons.

Let's say the frost robot dude has 13khp (theoretically, don't flame at me you people who crunch the numbers daily) and my heli has 2 gold hulls with 13khp, I can only have 4 weapons, the frost robot can have 6, or the usual 5 and a speed pack.

Let's say we BOTH have the exact same weapons - I have 4*TLF and he has 5*TLF. all upgraded. Now, he'll do more damage and me and beat me and also then kill more creeps and buildings. Killing me = more time on the front line uninterupted = more creep killing = more money = exploit. So NOT having hulls is an exploit. Furthermore the skills of the frost robot are more powerful than those of the helicopter so the frost robot would be able to kill me faster and not sustain as much damage, being able to stay in the creep lines and use the runes to heal.

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - BENNIE.FM - 2009-02-08

SIGH...im amazed at this i think every one knows LOL

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - FenrirWulfric - 2009-02-08

Yeah everyone knows about hull dropping; no one knows it's an 'exploit' thoughTongue

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - Dr.McNinja - 2009-02-08

Sure you heal faster, I honestly dont think that of all the advantage gained from quick heal, would it seriously affect gameplay. Exploit or not.

I see games progressing faster than the 'exploit' to be really 'exploitable'. How long will you have a small tank and single (gold) hull? Not very long if you plan on living. I do it all the time myself, but only out of convenience. Most of the time i just cbf, and wait a few seconds for full heal.

OR if you hate waiting for heal, go around collecting healing runes. I fully 'exploit' collecting runes while using shift key. I can heal pretty fast that way.

I have died while dropping hull in same games. Usually when im risking a quick heal in order to counterattack, but dying to a single powerful weapon or a stray shot. Or when im not looking. Lul.

AND to recap Exodus, its NOT an exploit, its a game feature (intended).

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - DOGG1 - 2009-02-09

Dr.McNinja Wrote:AND to recap Exodus, its NOT an exploit, its a game feature (intended).
I can't be bothered arguing about this... i stand by the opinion that hull dropping is lame and not the way tanks should be played. It's akin to dropping items to reduce cooldown in my opinion.

But just to correct this statement, he never said that it was intended. What he said that it is a CONSEQUENCE of the way warcraft works. So unless you specifically program against it, it will happen in any map where there are set healing rates and items which can add hp and can be dropped when near a healing source.

And again, my solution to this:

Quote:Can you make it that when the hull is picked up, the HP capacity is increased but not filled, it must be done at a factory. That way dropping a hull would be a disadvantage. And it wouldn't really cause a problem when buying one.

OR you can simply make it non-droppable while in a healing zone?

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - ChronicStoned - 2009-02-09

Quote:I can't be bothered arguing about this... i stand by the opinion that hull dropping is lame and not the way tanks should be played. It's akin to dropping items to reduce cooldown in my opinion.

cooldown won't be reduced by dropping the item, also feature of warcraft 3.

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - GooglyBoogly - 2009-02-10

well, only in later versions - it wasn't always like that.

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - Prog - 2009-02-10

GooglyBoogly Wrote:well, only in later versions - it wasn't always like that.

It actually was always like that.

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - ChronicStoned - 2009-02-10

no hes right, there has been an update from blizzard because players had multiple healing potion or town portal scrolls.
they used one and dropped the other one or gave it to an allied hero so it was usable again.
but know it's a w3 featureWink

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - Prog - 2009-02-10

ChronicStoned Wrote:no hes right, there has been an update from blizzard because players had multiple healing potion or town portal scrolls.
they used one and dropped the other one or gave it to an allied hero so it was usable again.
but know it's a w3 featureWink

This is something different, it was possible to give an item with cooldown to another hero and it had no cooldown there, but you could never use an item, drop it, pick it up with the same hero and instantly use it again (well you could with healing potions without even droping it in RoC, but that was before bt existed).

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - BENNIE.FM - 2009-02-10

YEA ow i miss playing internsSad indeSad

Re: Healing & Hull [exploit] - SCorpA1 - 2009-02-10

and in earlier version you couldnt drop items with cooldown...