Official Battle Tanks Community
How does Trading work then? =( - Printable Version

+- Official Battle Tanks Community (https://btanks.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Battle Tanks - Warcraft III (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Feedback (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: How does Trading work then? =( (/showthread.php?tid=2574)

How does Trading work then? =( - Flobgib - 2007-08-23

Ok, so I've just spent 2500gold on a Trade Zeppelin, lets say. I have 10 wood. now what? I haven't got enough wood to buy anything, I have no idea how to get more, I've tried reading the other topics to see how you get mroe wood but they don't really give any obvious answers to me.

Thanks in advance

- Exodus - 2007-08-23

After you've bought the Zeppelin, fly next to a Trading Point (Goldmine, Mill, Fountain etc) and use your Trade-Skill (A), in exchange for 10 wood you receive an item, which you can sell to the Trade-Master (again with your Trade-Skill), depending on the item you have got you (and your team) receive some money and you get 11-13 wood. So you have now more than before. Do that a few times and you are able to buy more Trade-Items in one turn.

Well, thats how it goes.

- SirJoghurt - 2007-08-23

heyho,

maybe this help's you click here

i can't tell you annything about Trader...Big Grin

if you have more questions.. i think you should ask TKF, one of our english talking Forum members.. he is a very good Trader

greetz

- Game Hunter - 2007-08-23

Basically, the wood gain goes like this:

For every item you "buy", you lose 10 wood.

For every item you "sell" to the Trade Master, you gain 10+X wood, where X depends on which place it is. In the end, you gain X wood as profit.

I've found that an item gives 1 lumber per 200 gold: Fossil/Bones give 2 lumber/210 gold when they're "easy" and 3 lumber/550(?) gold when they're "hard". Anything under 200 was always just 1 extra lumber. I'm not sure if this way on purpose, but it's a useful method for later balancing.

For Dark Side, best trade route is Gold (questionable, but I believe worth it in long-term) -> Salt -> Water -> Lumber, and repeat until you run out of goods. For Light Side, go Metal (see note on Gold) -> Oil -> Cheese -> Vial ("Analysis Results"). As it turns out, the most profitable resources for each side are way out of that trade route, so it's not worth it unless you're buying from the Trade Master himself (Nukes, Speed Pack, etc).

- Flobgib - 2007-08-24

Aah right, I see, thanks =]

Thing is, trading is quite risky, because its only 5v4 for a bit, until you get cash, but whats it best to spend it on?

Thanks.

- TKF - 2007-08-25

Highest priority for a trader is to get upgraded speed (1500) found at the blacksmith in main base. It is very important cuz it speeds up the trade, and you can easier escape your enemies.

Then you can decide what to prioritize. Troop Command (2500), or Orbital Control (5000), A factory (3300) is good investment for traders. Also upgrading the teams armor and weapons (2000 each upgrade) is also important, to increase income and strengthen the force.

50% of the trade profit made when you deliver the goods, is distributed among your team mates. You will always get the other 50% regardless number of teammates. If it's 4 other players in your team, each player get 12,5% each. If it's only 1 teammate, he gets all the 50% alone.