Official Battle Tanks Community
Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - Printable Version

+- Official Battle Tanks Community (https://btanks.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Battle Tanks - Warcraft III (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? (/showthread.php?tid=2906)

Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - FirePhoenix - 2011-09-07

Hey guys

Some players are often looking for the creepkills from himself/allied/opponent...
Just if they wanna look the creepkills, they need to type "-stats, -stats 1, -stats 10" etc etc etc and it's just a waste of time(or to lazy?^^)

So the Creepkills should be displayed on the scoreboard.

What do you think about this idea?

Greets,
FirePhoenixSmile

RE: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - Prog - 2011-09-07

I think the scoreboard is already big enough (or even too big). Also more data might just confuse new players.

RE: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - eSVau - 2011-09-07

I've suggested once a command to switch between different boards

RE: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - FirePhoenix - 2011-09-07

Actually it doesn't matter that the scoreboard is big or small. Anyway, the players don't show it permanently, only occasionally...oO

RE: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - Prog - 2011-09-07

Actually it does matter. I would prefer a small scoreboard which I can show permanently. I really dislike to toggle the scoreboard frequently.

A switch command between different boards (a small basic one and a detailed one) like eSVau mentioned could be quite nice.

RE: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - FirePhoenix - 2011-09-07

It's a matter of taste whether you want it shown permanently or occasionally.

But a switch between different boards it's also nice for me.

RE: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - Exodus - 2011-09-07

I can do that. Just show me a kind of prototype, how you want the other multiboard to look like and I'll look what I can do.

RE: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - BENNIE.FM - 2011-09-07

this is a cool idea but now your going to idiots using ulti and fighting for every creep possible

RE: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - Althend - 2011-09-08

U can't prevent them from being idiot.
I think that adding creep kill board would be interesting, whatever the way 2 board or not.

RE: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - griffin1987 - 2011-09-08

(2011-09-07, 20:10:11)Exodus Wrote: I can do that. Just show me a kind of prototype, how you want the other multiboard to look like and I'll look what I can do.

Could you also do an option to reduce the font size of the multiboard? Or maybe remove the player names, or even just condense space like having k/d/s not neatly aligned but instead spaced by a pipe like

k|d|s
1|2|3

RE: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - bt_brother - 2011-09-10

i hate all multiboard
it only disturb when want look at right top corner of screen
why not make make possible for all to make his board custom size or destroy if no like?
i like more read when use command (-mode -tech)

RE: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - ssl - 2011-09-10

I'd also like a command to switch between at least two multiboards. Normally I have the multiboard closed but I like to take a look when dead or so. It's very informative so please add one that shows creepskills, as it is a very good metric for money income and player skill.

RE: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - GEN_Schwarzkopf - 2011-09-25

BENNIE.FM is right.

Displaying creep kills on a permanent scoreboard will encourage creeping.

Choosing what stats to display is very important. Adding S for Support/Assist was a very important addition, and has had a positive effect on recognizing team play.

RE: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - Exodus - 2011-10-24

To show you guys, development hasn't completely stopped in the last weeks, I'll show you something I did with the multiboard.

I added a new command which lets you switch between a few different board types. Currently I added two new ones, which look like this:

[Image: LifeBoardz0zjq.jpg]

[Image: SmallBoard3tza.jpg]

RE: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - Althend - 2011-10-26

(2011-09-07, 23:14:32)BENNIE.FM Wrote: this is a cool idea but now your going to idiots using ulti and fighting for every creep possible

Amazing ^__^

RE: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - griffin1987 - 2011-10-26

(2011-10-24, 17:56:14)Exodus Wrote: To show you guys, development hasn't completely stopped in the last weeks, I'll show you something I did with the multiboard.

I added a new command which lets you switch between a few different board types. Currently I added two new ones, which look like this:

[Image: LifeBoardz0zjq.jpg]

[Image: SmallBoard3tza.jpg]

WOW Really like those!

The first one adds another perspecitve to the game - now all those port-killers will know when someone is low on live and jump around even more. This will probably bring old BUG-Style short range porter gameplay back to every game.

Though, at the moment it's already either longrange-and-win-fast-enough or hold-long-enough-and-then-shortrange-porter-kill-all 90% of the timeWink

Thank you very much for those boards, can't wait to try them myself! Now I won't need to swap my 24" for a 30" monitor just to be able to play with the scoreboard active all the timeBig Grin

RE: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - Exodus - 2011-10-26

Well, the HP and mana bars are only meant to be visible for your own team. I don't think, that the info for the enemy team should be shown there as well.

As for the monitor size, it wouldn't change anything anyway, since the multiboard takes a fixed percentage of the screen ;)

RE: Creepkills to the Scoreboard? - griffin1987 - 2011-10-26

(2011-10-26, 18:28:08)Exodus Wrote: Well, the HP and mana bars are only meant to be visible for your own team. I don't think, that the info for the enemy team should be shown there as well.

As for the monitor size, it wouldn't change anything anyway, since the multiboard takes a fixed percentage of the screenWink

@1: ah okay that prevents those kind of situations - haven't thought about it in that wayWink

@2: Yeah, forgot that WC3 doesn't natively support different aspect ratios and everything just gets scaled up to 100%. Otherwise I would've been able to use a non native resolution (atm. 1920x1200, with 30" probably 2560x1600) to change the aspect ratio to be wider, and then the score board couldve taken a smaller percentage of the screen while still being large enough to read.

Anyway, thanks!

Best Regards