Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A General Creep for more gold and diversity
A lot of games, which are not HB take quite long, when teams are balanced. More gold is only produced by player creeps and Aura creeps. To spawn Aura creeps you need to build the troop Command Center and upgrade the Aura for 3000 Gold - which is quiet a lot.

I suggest a special Creep spawning one time every 5 Minutes at every lane. For example a "General".

He could get a range between artillery and marine, so he always stands in the middle of a wave. Also he got some really useful Auras for the creeps,but if possible for example not for Players.
He should have a lot more HP than usual creeps. He give 250Gold standard Bounty + X for every Minute over. (Or more if you want)

The advantages are:
More diversity in Gameplay and creeps.
More Gold over time, so games get a little faster - not important for HB, but for Normal games.
Troops at a lane with no enemy get a chance to cause a little more damage to towers --> also maybe a bit faster gameplay.
Through extra Auras this creep wave could be completly different from the old usual known waves - maybe also faster running.

I suggest it, because Exo want faster games and I think this could be interisting with 750 extra Gold. A special Wave every 5 MinutesSmile

(Note that this is a suggestion. You can also start spawning every 10min or just after 15min, so not from beginning..., now the othersSmile )
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
There needs to be special events to keep people interested such as this. Remember tp'ing quickly to get the gold coin that spawned? That was definitely interesting and hardly affected the game. BUt, ive already gotten bored of bt except for testing beta's and a few friends have too, one less hostbot for west.

→ Another idea already in a td i forgot the name of - randomly appearing auras. This would add more element of randomness as well as providing a bonus for anyone who gets near. They could provide extra hp, regen, mana, move speed, stealth etc. The opposite would work, 'battlefield hazards' that should be avoided like constant damage, mana drain, speed decrease, invisibility reveal, obstacle (impassable terrain for ground and air. Hazards could also affect only air, like a storm that damages and slows down air units.

→ Or adding mid-game awards, with rewards for certain things like killing the most creeps.

→ Or mid-game 'team power analysis' where all tanks are placed in a small box, invulnerable. Spells can be cast, but will not affect tanks until the invuln wears off at the same time, allowing people to prepare. But nothing can dodge or escape. This could happen at different stages of the game, and be something to look forward to. High DPS but low hp (or the opposite) will be owned while good support actions will help the team immediately in the bloodbath. There is of course one major problem - range & dps of weapons. It would obviously favour close combat players so the arena would need to be a bit bigger, and with fog. Fog could be limited by the average range of weapons, so long range players have more sight (but less dps). I think this would balance such an idea. Short and sweet battle to the death... Prizes given based on team performance and not bounty. Keeping a team mate alive instead of getting a kill will be the better option.

Players will be forced to work as a team in targeting certain players or forming a battle plan in the time leading up to the arena match. Doing well in this should help the team achieve its goal of winning.

Right now:
Take CP's → Destroy Base → Win
Get fed on kills → outpower enemy team → Win

Or

Take CP's → face campers & fail to destroy base → enemy outpowers you → lose

Theres not much else that is significant. In preparation for an arena match, players can dictate the rules by how they play → more incentives to try new stuff → more fun.

This has a 0.1% chance of being implemented. If it is, i'll see in the beta's because i rarely visit the forum except through beta emails.

hf guys.
๏̮๏
Quote:A lot of games, which are not HB take quite long, when teams are balanced.

I don't see that as a problem. Any well-made game Should result in a stalemate when the teams are evenly balanced, giving more gold will not change this.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
That´s true. I didnt say it is a problem, it is just a sentence to introduce the topicSmile. The games would take long too, but with more Gold spread to all players it could get a few minutes faster to the endgame, nothing moreSmile

With few minutes I mean something like 2-6minutes I think. Dont know exactly - depends on the extra bounty.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Keyword: diversity
๏̮๏

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gold Hull->Power pack->new combo ??? RAF_Fenix 1 2,815 2014-03-21, 13:29:20
Last Post: Prog
  Force gold distribution ckibibi 2 3,616 2014-02-17, 18:12:58
Last Post: ckibibi
Exclamation ally gold FlashVanMaster 1 2,955 2012-10-18, 05:48:10
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Kill the creep!!! UUuuraahh ooow.. ooow sound AeroniumX 2 3,188 2012-04-04, 12:19:03
Last Post: applecheese
  Make gold update every minute. scron2 1 2,931 2012-02-22, 14:33:14
Last Post: Velocity2k