Poll: Would you like a telebreaker-pack?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, we would like that
60.00%
6 60.00%
No, there is no need
20.00%
2 20.00%
I have no opinion
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
telebeaker-pack
Hello i dont know if that was mentioned before ...

In my last games, i found out that telebreaker is rather usefull and often very important to win a game. But in longer games i have no free slot to place them, because i need the slots for other weapons and items. So i have to lay down one item to buy some telebreakers, beam out and place them and beam back to get my item again and than beam out again.
The problem is that the telebreaker has a very short lifetime (2min i think), so i have to repeat that very often.

My Idea would be to creat an item like the mines or Troopcomander for Telebreaker and let them compine this with a speeditem or a hull. So that the player can place a telebreaker every min or 2min or soo.
As suggestion this item would bring 6000 addicional hitpoints and he can place a telebreaker every min for lets say 7500gold (upgreaded golden hull) + 5times normal telebreaker (5x400=2000) and a blue print for 500 gold. (would cost all in all 10000 gold)

would make the use of telebreaker much easier.
Giftfinger Wrote:In my last games, i found out that telebreaker is rather usefull and often very important to win a game. But in longer games i have no free slot to place them, because i need the slots for other weapons and items. So i have to lay down one item to buy some telebreakers, beam out and place them and beam back to get my item again and than beam out again.
->Tech Mech

@topic: i like the idea
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
Balance issues aside, suggestion for tweaking your item:
• Plants a new type of breaker that has no damage or stun time (or some stun), it simply teleports enemy tanks who jump into range. Essentially, it casts a copy of breaker with stun and %HP damage effect removed.
๏̮๏
I agree with McNinja, a nerfed breaker built-into an item sounds like a cool idea.
I would suggest, however that it be placed into the trade hunter pack with another recipie.
It would give this little-used pack a 3rd tier to match with the other two.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Bad idea. Breaker item for games vs noob. The really pro gamer easly destroy them. Really, this idea is not funny.
GooglyBoogly Wrote:I agree with McNinja, a nerfed breaker built-into an item sounds like a cool idea.
I would suggest, however that it be placed into the trade hunter pack with another recipie.
It would give this little-used pack a 3rd tier to match with the other two.

I dont unterstand how you want to compine it with the trader hunter pack - this pack has a teleport skill, so how should the item decide if you want to place a breaker or teleport?
Well the idea of a nerfed breaker build into an item is as idea okay, despite i would still use the normal breaker, because I dont see the need to use a nerved breaker, because you can only have 1 or 2 breakers at the same time, and it does not bring money (only if you kill the tank who teleports).
Well googlys idea is good, its like making an ultimate pack with speed pack.

It could be done with having 2 recipes, one that carries the trade hunter teleport and one that carried the breaker skill. Theres more than enough space for two recipes.

Trader Hunter Pack + Telebreaker Pack = Tank Hunter Pack or ________

Agree that trade hunter pack isnt good because of the two abilities, combining breaker pack and trader hunter pack is just breaker pack + radar
๏̮๏
Quote:this pack has a teleport skill, so how should the item decide if you want to place a breaker or teleport?

That was something I had honestly not considered. If you combine the item so that it blinks +places breaker at the same time you would need to increase the CD, and that would make the blink pretty much unusable.

This would mean that it couldn't be effectively combined with any other activated item either, since having a Cd of 80secs+ would be an effective nerf.

I guess it could be made to just automatically drop a breaker wherever the tank is located every CD cycle, but this could be annoying too - especially if you have allies with the pack, leaving breakers all over the place.

Another alternative would be to create a dedicated rechargable breaker item that only placed breakers - no bonus HP or speed boost. But instead they are super breakers. Possibly having a larger AOE and/or making them invincible - that would make for an interesting trade-off especially vs exploders.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
A potential solution for this problem, which hasnt been done yet, is to give items with multiple active abilities an ability icon above normal tank abilities. Theres enough room, and it seems reasonablly possible. This will allow future multi skilled items to be made. If not, making a larger trader hunter pack would be difficult to combine with a breaker pack which is up to exo. So taht would be another issue, Tank Hunter Pack sounds like a logical upgrade name, and fits in with BT. This tank hunter pack could give +ms or give max ms, all the time.

How about telebreaker pack being a bunch of breakers instead? like when buying more than 1 breaker, you have to have 2 free slots, this item helps this problem by being 3 or so breakers together.
๏̮๏
problems with that:

is that if you add another active ability to tanks you could be making it actually too dificult to play well even for pros. sometimes i'm using 4 items at once plus hull dropping and even with my hotkey editor it's tough. couple that with the fact that i need to keep an constant eye on the minimap and enemy tank items and sometimes i screw up, if i don't play every day then i guarantee you i'll screw it up a lot! alos, adding another custom ability to each tank might increase load time or slow down. i dont' know though i'm really am no expert in that

tp breakers are a very powerful counter to a lot of things. so if you increase the ease of using them than in my opinion you need to take something away from that person that gets them. right now the trade off is that it costs you an item slot and that they are consumable, meaning that you must keep buying them if you run out if you want to keep using them. so combining tp with tp breaker placement in the same pack would be pretty imba and such an item would probably need to cost a lot of gold, like maybe around 20k.

i think if a 3rd end game pack was added in addition to the already existing ult and power pack that might be nice option. it could also give the ability to give damage reduction as well which sort of is in the same theme as tp breaker. or maybe making it a pack that is viable in the end game and also has radar and hp regen so that you could get it and a hunter pack instead of an ult pack all the time. i'm not too sure if that would work though.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gold Hull->Power pack->new combo ??? RAF_Fenix 1 2,923 2014-03-21, 13:29:20
Last Post: Prog
  Additional Ulti Pack Blueprint gozo1985 2 3,760 2014-01-23, 00:53:34
Last Post: Exodus
  jet-pack benben10 11 6,797 2009-06-27, 17:06:14
Last Post: Doomhammer112
  titanium pack qweqqweq 9 5,218 2009-04-14, 18:26:37
Last Post: Althend
  Troop Command and Siege Pack Combo m0rbid 3 2,814 2008-10-28, 17:07:43
Last Post: TKF