Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom mode
I have hosted a custom game lately (wanted to try it out) and noticed that the time you get for picking options is very short. Although i did know what i wanted, and i chose very fast, i didnt had enough time to choose all the correct settings and then the default settings were loaded. Dont know if others have this same problem or not.
You only got 20 game seconds to choose all modes in custom mode. You don't have time to think about every choice.
Well, isnt that a little bit fast then? I mean, it may be ok if you have done that before and you know exactly what you want and where you have to click to get that. But if it is you first time (or second, or third,..) hosting custom mode, it may be a little fast because you dont know wich and how many options there are...
Well, if the red player don't choose main modes within 10 sec, normal mode will be initiated. If you choose custom mode after 8 seconds, than means you got the remaining 12 seconds to choose the options. I don't know if it should be more than 20 sec. But I don't know if Exo want to keep it this way or increase it with 5 sec. Anyway it's annoying to wait 20 sec if host only chooses custom mode and no options. I guess 20 sec is the balance for time needed to chose the modes and the great impatience of other players.
Talking about custom mode, at b.net many players hate troop spamming and on their behalf I'm going to make a request of an additional game mode. What if you could add a mode called -notroops and add it in custom mode selection. This means you're not allowed to buy troop command, reinforcements and factories. Trader can't trade factories or troop command at trade master in this mode. Making upgrades in this mode will force the player to autosell the reinforcements.

No Player Creeps Mode

Question in custom mode selection: Allow players to spawn creeps

- Trader can't trade troop command or factory at trade master
- No purchase of factories, troop command and reincforcements
- Buying upgrades will give 500 gold back to player and removes reinforcements gives to player from upgrade
If possible i wouldnt make it not as drastic as that. I would just make that mode like it was in the early days but without troop command. Meaning: you CANNOT buy troop command (tank or trader), you CAN buy factories BUT the factories will NOT spawn creeps for you, only heal and teleport will be available! Upgrades WILL give you the troops (why not, no-one really complains about those troops you get for 500 gold except if some noob keeps buying them). But i dont know if this all is possible...?
Lets hear what Exodus or bob says
Well, I'm not too happy with these kind of changes.
We will make a new attempt in the near future regarding that point. After we see how it works we can think about additional options for the Custom Mode. I think I'll make a thread about it then to inform you about it.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
btw the weak creep mode selection is not available at the custom game selection.
but you can everytimes type "-wc"
NICHT mehr aktiv hier im Forum, seit Anfang 2008

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HB mode End game problem! Twilight_Zone 41 17,833 2009-06-22, 13:44:27
Last Post: Doomhammer112
  proper costs for buying items at trade master in HB mode benben10 8 4,144 2009-02-05, 11:35:59
Last Post: GooglyBoogly
  commander mode! Tank- 3 2,035 2008-04-06, 16:46:35
Last Post: Tank-
  Share mode abuse - A player gets unfairly strong. TKF 13 5,641 2008-02-20, 18:35:38
Last Post: Frechheit
  custom mode questions DerSatan 5 2,971 2007-11-07, 22:47:54
Last Post: TKF