Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Request new mode: Hardcore Btanks :D / how to increase teamplay
This mode would include:

- fog of war (to make people communicate about opponent behaviour)
- no teleport (behalve tinker one) / or make teleport able to telep only where there is no fog. (to make the game more base on teamplay and positioning)
- trader available and exploder too/ balanced due to previous restriction
- creep value is 35% lower if you kill it in 3000 range of your cp / to prevent camping)
- the 1300 range weapons make you 10-20% slower
- air tank has lower range vision when they are moving but bigger range if they stay still 2sec. (since they can see above trees :p)

Just because I am spending these days playing others moba and I can see that Btanks player would be less "ego player/ no need for people" if the game was more based on communication ^__^

Currently you don't really need good teamplay to be "good" at btanks. (I said "good", not "pro"Big Grin)

What do you think about it?

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
MORE Exclamation
Quit BT start on LoL. Sounds more like LoL than BTSmile
Free tinker & free oil for airships!
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
-YES YES please add fog of war this game needs it I can't stress that enough. We could even make tanks based around fog and vision. The weird paths beetween the lanes would actually become interesting hero vs hero battlefields rather than just empty space. Being able to actually gank farming side laners would make those lanes much more dynamic and less based on "who kills more creeps wins." However, I disagree with all of the other ideas.

- Without teleport close range would be mega-nerfed (Goblin tank and Demon tank would become nonexistant) and long range would be mega buffed, even if it was slower. Maybe mid range would be the best for a change Big Grin. I would actually like the ability to tp into fog, since you couldn't chase people beyond fog otherwise, making it much easier for the already OP fast air tanks to run away without being chased. Counter Tp? Just buy breakers.

- Even if they were balanced, trader and exploder have no place in any "hardcore" game IMO. I used to play bships and if one team had a trader and the other did not then the team with the trader would instantly win (good traders can easily bypass good trader-hunters), it was really dumb. By the way, If one player devotes himself to trader hunting then the game is an even 4v4 with the team with the trader at the advantage, because while the trader is giving gold to his team the trader-hunter is not. Trader has no place in btanks anyway. Whats the point of getting a tank that is going to walk around and not fight all game in a game that is based around fighting. You wanna play trader? Play a different game! Exploder, just buy beacons. The thing feeds anyway even if hes worth less than you the difference is made way up in creep kills.

- 3000 range is like the entire middle lane, Do you want to nerf that lane even more? Campers lose gold to towers, and if the tower is dead then kill them when your wave shows up, I think the system is fine the way it is.

- Vision by standing still? Do you remember how useless the new radar is on a tank? Completely worthless nobody can afford to stand still for longer than like a second.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- To encourage teamplay I would suggest this. ADD MORE TEAM BASED ABILITIES. The only ones that exist now are titan's keep on fighting, gaurd's heal, medivacs ulti and medivac's second skill. Considering that medivac is a tier one tank that is rarely used beyond the twenty minute mark and gaurd is rarely used at all, teamplay does not become apparent until the appearance of titans.
nice ideas i like ^^
it's been a while since i had a game with fog mode - guess i gotta join the all mode bot again & pray for good playersSmile
Quote:Without teleport close range would be mega-nerfed (Goblin tank and Demon tank would become nonexistant) and long range would be mega buffed, even if it was slower. Maybe mid range would be the best for a change Big Grin. I would actually like the ability to tp into fog, since you couldn't chase people beyond fog otherwise, making it much easier for the already OP fast air tanks to run away without being chased. Counter Tp? Just buy breakers.

Actually a fog of war would be better for low range since u can surprise people.
Concerning the fast air tank, it would be widely compensated by the fog range reduction. Flying around would make u a bit blind ^^ (and the worse combination: air long range would be somehow counter)

concerning the teleport, u cannot use it in fog but what about someone going inf ront and u join him? Or using creep to scout? :o

Quote:3000 range is like the entire middle lane, Do you want to nerf that lane even more? Campers lose gold to towers, and if the tower is dead then kill them when your wave shows up, I think the system is fine the way it is.

It is in the context of fog war making static game less interesting. And what? Camping at mid is not the best thing to do. Make people more agressive and scout in the fog :o

Quote:- Vision by standing still? Do you remember how useless the new radar is on a tank? Completely worthless nobody can afford to stand still for longer than like a second.

It was to detect mine. Now it is to detect everything, be sure smart people would spend time to get vision.

Quote:To encourage teamplay I would suggest this. ADD MORE TEAM BASED ABILITIES. The only ones that exist now are titan's keep on fighting, gaurd's heal, medivacs ulti and medivac's second skill. Considering that medivac is a tier one tank that is rarely used beyond the twenty minute mark and gaurd is rarely used at all, teamplay does not become apparent until the appearance of titans.

People don't use them because the dynamic of teamplay is not required.

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
(2011-06-28, 01:46:49)Althend Wrote: Actually a fog of war would be better for low range since u can surprise people.
Concerning the fast air tank, it would be widely compensated by the fog range reduction. Flying around would make u a bit blind ^^ (and the worse combination: air long range would be somehow counter)

concerning the teleport, u cannot use it in fog but what about someone going inf ront and u join him? Or using creep to scout? :o

I only said close range would be nerfed concerning the use of tp not fog. Fog however would buff GANKERS which don't nessacarily have to be close range, it's just gankers tend to be close range with teleporter. I'm sure you've seen the plasma torp choppers gank side lanes too. However I like the concept of ganking regardless and hope fog will be added into btanks. Creeps would be unreliable and mid/long range could easily farm outside of the creeps sight range. Waiting for someone else would alert the enemy to danger so that's pointless. I would suggest a consumable item "flare" to illuminate certain areas of the map for tp prior to a gank.

Quote:It is in the context of fog war making static game less interesting. And what? Camping at mid is not the best thing to do. Make people more agressive and scout in the fog :o

You didn't awnser my criticism, I said that 3000 range would cover the entire middle lane, that meant that even if a team was pushing and "winning" they would still be taking penalties for "camping." This would also mega buff long range too since long range can always push a lane vs mid/short range.

Quote:It was to detect mine. Now it is to detect everything, be sure smart people would spend time to get vision.

I was refering specifically to use of radar against smoke machine (right now i believe it is totally useless). If the standstill is required then you must intend to make vision EXTREMELY short meaning that once again long range will be buffed.

Quote:People don't use them because the dynamic of teamplay is not required.

Thats exactly why I'm saying we need more of them. Who wins in a team fight the team with supporters or the team without them?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Qualify (ranked?) game mode Max 1 3,431 2014-04-16, 21:53:51
Last Post: RaptorXI
  BTanks for non-germans plz psycodiver 2 3,818 2014-01-03, 12:35:17
Last Post: Althend
  My proposed changes to BTanks items Flygplan 0 2,682 2013-11-06, 13:38:07
Last Post: Flygplan
  Increase heavy missile speed griffin1987 4 4,501 2013-08-28, 06:17:04
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Weapon Mode Change UnifiedDoom 7 8,979 2013-01-07, 10:46:27
Last Post: 091846