Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disable Giveup / Kick in Qualify
I'd like to suggest disabling the -giveup option on the qualify bot, that is, if that is possible. Because at the moment the qualify games almost always end rather early with a giveup and people aren't able to get real game experience.

Also because players who have played a lot of game sometimes play qualify (for fun / to get stay percentage up again), most of the games newbies are kicked early on, which isn't really the meaning of a qualify bot I think.

Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
(2011-10-28, 21:05:47)griffin1987 Wrote: I'd like to suggest disabling the -giveup option on the qualify bot, that is, if that is possible. Because at the moment the qualify games almost always end rather early with a giveup and people aren't able to get real game experience.

Also because players who have played a lot of game sometimes play qualify (for fun / to get stay percentage up again), most of the games newbies are kicked early on, which isn't really the meaning of a qualify bot I think.

I totally agree. Kicking noobs isnt fair in qualify, but the giveup is still a good option in the endgame which may last like an hour. Maybe you should enable the giveup option only to teams who lost all cp's, since many teams giveup after loosing only 1.

disable giveup.... leave if you dont want to play anymore
dont start a game if you dont want to play it till your win or lose buy destroying the mainbase

if we all start to giveup when all facs are conquered you can also script that its over then... that sux imho.

and also you steal the victory from the winning team by giving up. maybe they dont want to end the game and wanna own the base??????

sorry but that part of the game!

i agree with a "draw" command after a 2h+ game
disable kicking isn't good idea. What when smbdy start to feed on purpose?
(2011-11-03, 23:13:20)progg Wrote: disable kicking isn't good idea. What when smbdy start to feed on purpose?

And how would you know that, other than that person telling you, in a qualify game?

@Giveup:
I think gozo already wrote all there is to say, but I have another suggestion as it seems most of you like giving up (which I totally don't get, but you probably do the same in real life as well): How about it if the opposing team has to agree on giveup? Then there would still be a giveup option, but it wouldn't be (ab-)used as often as it is now.
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
(2011-11-13, 12:17:09)WannaMakeUSweat Wrote: I noticed another problem i just played 27 games and left only 3 then my average stay should be around 87-88% then i have since 5 qualifies 84% from last 20 games . It looks like my acc is bugged -.- ?

Stay is not 100% or 0% for one game. Average stay is calculated by 1/20 * sum((stay in game x)/(duration of game x)).

For example if you play 2 games, both 100 minutes in duration. You stay one till the end and leave one after 50 minutes. Your total stay is then 1/2 * (1+0,5)=75%.
hmm it shouldnt be made like that then in some issues there is better way is just to make one more account and to mess ranking list I just reached 89% percentage of total games and played 30 with 3 leaves . How i can gain that 1 percent ... ? It's kinda not fair it should be based on amount of played games.
Does it mean that i wasted 8 games for nothing and it wont have 85% sooner than i would create new account and finish 13 games ? It really seems ridiculous ...
You need less games to get back to 85% again:

Just get rid of games "-18" and maybe also "-16".

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Qualify Max 0 2,540 2015-02-20, 11:06:49
Last Post: Max
  Qualify (ranked?) game mode Max 1 3,585 2014-04-16, 21:53:51
Last Post: RaptorXI
  remove leaver penalty & giveup / change kick back griffin1987 21 19,164 2014-01-24, 12:20:12
Last Post: Exodus
  Watch replay and tell me kick system isn't useless griffin1987 4 5,480 2013-08-23, 03:04:52
Last Post: Prog
  remove giveup, change kicking griffin1987 9 9,566 2013-08-21, 16:22:24
Last Post: gozo1985