Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About 3v3 Games
Last weekend I observed and played in one 3v3 game due to a lack of players by one team. The games were organized because the team with 4 players ready was willing to let the other team play rather than just take a default win both times. Now while this is very sportsmanlike I feel as though this isn't the ideal solution.

I propose that instead of starting any future games like this we do this. With the approval of the ready team's captain a team lacking in players can field a 4th substitute player for their tournament team that isn't registered as a member as long as they can find one with the approval of the other team's captain of course. This is what I should have proposed during the KCTZ vs. Heroes game and I feel as though it's a more proper solution. I'm skeptical about the balance of 3v3 games (income dispersions putting excessive pressure on one player to do well) and they aren't constant with the rest of the tournament rules anwyay so it isn't an accurate representation of the team's skill or merit in the tournament. Setting a precedent that if a team is lacking a player 3v3 is also a bad option because it will encourage laziness and rather than punishing the team that failed to follow the rules it puts the other team captain in the akward position of either having to be painted as unsportsmanlike or dismissing one of their own players and playing in a different environment. Also the concept of allowing a 3v3 also means that if both teams bring 5 players and agree to do a 5v5 or a 1v1 with their best players, despite one of the main qualities about this tournament being that is it 4v4 and not 5v5.
then i would suggest just to terminate the game to another day, maybe till max. Wednesday. And if the team which had already at the first scheduld game, also in the next days not enough players (the team with enough players at the originell gametime shouldnt be disadvantaged), its just an default win.
But just to let join an not registered player, sounds for me like, for what we got rules at all.
There are 5 registered players for each team, that should be enough. (maybe 6 regd. would solve such a szenario, but then we got the prob, that for sure not everyplayer get some games played in the tournament).
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
I think from now on we will just stick to the rules.

Once the game time is confirmed and fixed, we will always give the default win if 1 team has less than 4 players. No more 3v3, and not allowed to reschedule game time in that case.

I guess the teams go up from the groups will care more about the games. And therefore hope we don't have many default wins.

@LIoOoOoIL
6 players instead of 5 wouldn't help. If you remember in the last BTT we allow 8 players in a team, but BuG still cannot find 5 players to play against Sake. So it is not a problem of the number of players, it is a problem of attitude.