Poll: Change CPTP ability/ change it other way/ leave as it is?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Make icon of CPTP lightened when you can do CPTP and darkened when you can't.
33.33%
3 33.33%
Not make vehicle stop every time you try to use CPTP.
22.22%
2 22.22%
Leave as it is. Let it be as hard to use as it is now.
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion about CPTP ability
Question 
Hi!

I know there are some things in Battle Tanks that are made hard to use by developers intentionally - to require more skill from a player (for example, Heavy Tank ulti done the way it is done, though it could be performed as Demolisher Shockwave - easier to target). They could be done in easier-to-perform way. And my suggestion decreases the required from players skill (in this case the skills are: looking at different places of map, timing, knowing where the CPTP zone begins), so I don't know whether it's appropriate or not:

I suggest to make the icon of ability of CPTP darkened when its impossible to use CPTP and lightened when its possible to use (darkened - like a skill which you can not train right now, because not enough level; lightened - like when you can). So at the moment you cross the border of that CPTP zone near CP (and on base) - you can see that you can TP from here (or that you can not - if you came out of zone).

The common situtation is that you are hurrying to the closest CP to TP to another CP which is being captured - and you try to start TP as quickly as possible - right after crossing CPTP zone border. But sometimes you fail - you are too far from CP and you lose time while understanding what happened (also your tank stops on any attempt to use CPTP ability). I got pissed by this many times - and it's clearly one of those aspects of game, which I described in the begin of post - it just requires more skill, though it could be made not to.

There is an alternative (not as good) - to not make tank stop while using CPTP ability (let it be done like Medievac's ult).

What do you think?
If i want a no-brainer to play i play WoWTongue
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
(2012-03-21, 23:40:04)eSVau Wrote: If i want a no-brainer to play i play WoWTongue

I think this was supposed to be posted somewhere here:
http://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18

Or it HAS to do something with the thread I've opened?
Well, both options of this poll are actually not really doable / improvements.

If the CPTP would be disabled, while you are not in range, it would actually be harder to use for the player. There would also be most likely a delay until the ability is active again, when you enter the CPTP area.
Also, since the CPTP is a channeling ability, the tank just has to stop to use it, there is no other way.

But instead of giving the tank a stop order, when the tp is not possible, it could be changed in a way, that the tank receives an order instead, to go to the nearest CPTP area. And if you want to have it even simpler, there could also be an periodic check, which teleports you, once you reached the CPTP area.

Should it really be made easier in this way? I don't know, tell me ;)
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
(2012-03-22, 00:05:14)Exodus Wrote: Well, both options of this poll are actually not really doable / improvements.

If the CPTP would be disabled, while you are not in range, it would actually be harder to use for the player. There would also be most likely a delay until the ability is active again, when you enter the CPTP area.
Also, since the CPTP is a channeling ability, the tank just has to stop to use it, there is no other way.

But instead of giving the tank a stop order, when the tp is not possible, it could be changed in a way, that the tank receives an order instead, to go to the nearest CPTP area. And if you want to have it even simpler, there could also be an periodic check, which teleports you, once you reached the CPTP area.

Should it really be made easier in this way? I don't know, tell meWink

No, it shouldn't be THAT easy as you said (tank moves to closest CP on his own). Better leave as it is. It's not even much about the easiness for me, but for letting tank going on its own - it kinda makes you less responsible for micro.

As for options I have mentioned, when I imagined them, I didn't think about those technical problems (I've never made a WC3 map, so didn't know about those little issues).
heavy ulti like gobo's shockwave?Big Grin it woul'd be comparable with titan's e skill;)
(2012-03-22, 14:53:15)progg Wrote: heavy ulti like gobo's shockwave?Big Grin it woul'd be comparable with titan's e skill;)

You know it used to be exactly like that, long long ago it was just like a more powerful light tank ulti.

Anyway on the topic of cp/tp. I think i'm the master of initiating a tp and then moving to attack while I'm tp'ing and then cancelling the tp by moving out of range of the cp. I think the main problem with cp tp is the cooldown, it should really just have a 0 second cooldown, and I see no logic as to why it doesn't. If any mapper wants to explain why cp-tp has a 5 sec cd please tell me.

(2012-03-25, 04:38:33)UnifiedDoom Wrote: if any mapper wants to explain why cp-tp has a 5 sec cd please tell me.

cant know it for sure, of course.
But i guess 1 point could be the strategic move, since u have to choose a cp tp (a bit) wisely, and cant just spam one after the other.

for example
a team tries capturing 2 cps simultaneous, the defending team (at least most of them) tping just to 1 cp and they can defend it pretty easy, but since maybe none or just 1-2 defenders stay on the other cp and may cant hold it, it shouldnt be to easy for them tping directly after their first cptp (wheres the advantage for the attacking team without a cooldown in ur mind, which they should had?).
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
(2012-03-26, 07:40:22)LIoOoOoIL Wrote:
(2012-03-25, 04:38:33)UnifiedDoom Wrote: if any mapper wants to explain why cp-tp has a 5 sec cd please tell me.

cant know it for sure, of course.
But i guess 1 point could be the strategic move, since u have to choose a cp tp (a bit) wisely, and cant just spam one after the other.

for example
a team tries capturing 2 cps simultaneous, the defending team (at least most of them) tping just to 1 cp and they can defend it pretty easy, but since maybe none or just 1-2 defenders stay on the other cp and may cant hold it, it shouldnt be to easy for them tping directly after their first cptp (wheres the advantage for the attacking team without a cooldown in ur mind, which they should had?).

I agree to your explaination, but there is still no sense in cooldown triggering when you didn't acually port somewhere. Please see my other posting in bugreports!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weapon suggestion BENNIE.FM 4 5,255 2013-09-04, 15:21:00
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Ability 'guides' weapon shots | raider's charge ability mynth 14 11,938 2012-11-15, 03:21:16
Last Post: Wupti
  Not a bt suggestion but player BENNIE.FM 3 4,318 2012-10-18, 05:56:57
Last Post: FlashVanMaster
  Suggestion For the Better PinoyFused.com 15 11,575 2012-03-31, 21:57:42
Last Post: gozo1985
  Battle Tower Sell Ability RikonVan 4 4,758 2011-11-12, 07:13:39
Last Post: Althend