Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapons not used (often)
Simple solution: stay with the builds used by the current top players. Start 950+ range, if you later want cheap DP/S wait for Ice Cannon or Poison/Flamer.

(Only tank of the random function i buy those early low range weapons is Antigrav but this builds is much more easier to play and harder to counter:
http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?t...7#pid37127)
(2013-03-22, 13:41:38)Perfektionist Wrote:
(2013-03-22, 13:02:48)gozo1985 Wrote: Death magic... noooooooooooooo not again players only. what about to just make this weapon hitting everything (no extra damage on tanks or creeps)???
As its a 1300 LR weapon for 7777k. I guess people will start using it again.

no more 1300 LR weapons pls... they sucks and are boring
What about us other people who don't want to play overused 1k range? Do we get no say at all???

LR has potential... but there is not enough options for it at the moment. Adding a 7777 option and a late game option would make it abit more plausible.
(2013-03-20, 20:16:28)gozo1985 Wrote: AA Gun (more range, more attackspeed, less damage)
Acid Cannon (less cost, less damage)
I don't agree with these 2.

If the Acid Cannon costs less it will be useless, even as it is it's just too cheap at the moment to compete with Rod/Supercell/Frost/Carrion. The LR nerf didn't help it much either.

I've tried many games with Acid-Cannon now. The slightly higher upgrade costs (now over 5k) helps abit, but it needs AT LEAST a 12k item upgrade cost to compete with good-old-boring-supercell.
Does acid canon compete with supercell? I don't really think so...
if you really think about a better long range weapon ... how about a minimum hp of 10k to buy it ? perhaps they can defend a cp vs. one guy thenSmile
This wouls have no sense. You can't add requirement to get a weapon just for 1 weapon on 50...
(2013-04-02, 23:39:54)Max Wrote: Does acid canon compete with supercell? I don't really think so...
Ofcourse it does not compete with supercell, it costs WAY less. That is the reason its useless atm, which is a shame since it has potential IMHO.

I am one of the few Acid users in ranked. I found it very useful until i had all maxed upgraded acid cannons. After that acid cannon falls far below par with everyone elses more expensive weaponry. I had a ton of money with nothing to spend it on to upgrade my 1300 range. Lo and behold I ended up just buying yet another boring supercell to play supercell wars.

If acid cannon had a 3rd upgrade like a laser and/or costed abit more, it would be more plausible late game (or perhaps just make a new LR gun? but I guess that would make "pros" cry blood..)
New lr gun for late game could be a good idea, but as you say, you are one of the FEW users of late lr weapons in ranked. This weapon would be used by 1/50 people and will be useless as much as some others which are not really used...
(2013-04-08, 23:28:15)Teo_live Wrote:
(2013-04-02, 23:39:54)Max Wrote: Does acid canon compete with supercell? I don't really think so...
Ofcourse it does not compete with supercell, it costs WAY less. That is the reason its useless atm, which is a shame since it has potential IMHO.

I am one of the few Acid users in ranked. I found it very useful until i had all maxed upgraded acid cannons. After that acid cannon falls far below par with everyone elses more expensive weaponry. I had a ton of money with nothing to spend it on to upgrade my 1300 range. Lo and behold I ended up just buying yet another boring supercell to play supercell wars.

If acid cannon had a 3rd upgrade like a laser and/or costed abit more, it would be more plausible late game (or perhaps just make a new LR gun? but I guess that would make "pros" cry blood..)
i've seen you use the acid cannon and you will always fail hard if you dont have a team to tank/win the game for you. You had a heli and instead of buying sf/inf you chose to buy acid cannon when enemy team had/was about to buy inf (around min 50).

if all 5 players of 1 team chose to do the same thing you did then you would lose the game in a matter of seconds. Playing ego by choosing max range no hp and weapons only dont win games it only makes you take all creeps and steal kills. Unless i see a replay or i am in a game where the acid user actually does any difference in winning a game i will change my mind on the matter until then it will still be a waste of money for me and the only reason to use it is to troll.
(2013-04-09, 08:53:50)EarthR Wrote: i've seen you use the acid cannon and you will always fail hard if you dont have a team to tank/win the game for you. You had a heli and instead of buying sf/inf you chose to buy acid cannon when enemy team had/was about to buy inf (around min 50).

if all 5 players of 1 team chose to do the same thing you did then you would lose the game in a matter of seconds. Playing ego by choosing max range no hp and weapons only dont win games it only makes you take all creeps and steal kills. Unless i see a replay or i am in a game where the acid user actually does any difference in winning a game i will change my mind on the matter until then it will still be a waste of money for me and the only reason to use it is to troll.
Ahhh the good old days of Heli + Acid (it was the only way to use acid effectively back then). However now that Goliath is out, LR is now half decent.

- Still an 18k Acid Weapon VS a 37k Supercell is completely unfair...
- Also Acid's only advantage of avoiding Barricades has been removed. I can understand why Bombardings and Torpedos got the nerf, but Acid didn't need the nurf it was shit enough as is.

Acid needs a more expensive upgrade x3, or just a new expensive LR gun to stand a chance.
Yet another maxed out Acid cannon game with abosolutely nothing to spend my money on!! It is so gay that LR users are forced to converting Acid Cannon's to fricken boring supercell since its the only late weapon with range!!

I'm so annoyed right now... Seriously I know Acid users are like 1/100 here but even we deserve something better surely? Almost every range late game is catered for which is great.... except LR. We are taking a huge risk and risk getting flamed to hell for getting an acid. 18k Weapon just is not sufficiant for the risk....

Dev's please create either a new expensive LR weapon, or make Acid tripple upgrade at 12k each. It would go so well with Goliath and at least then we can compete in lategame without converting to 1k range. Im so fricken over supercell wars everytime I play LR....

Attached Files
.w3g   toomuchmoney.w3g (Size: 3.45 MB / Downloads: 206)
LR cant win a game, without team mates already carrying the game for a LR player after 20min (maybe 30min) LR is nothing more than a burden or annoying, depending on which side you are.

After that time almost every player should have enough hp to survive or a skill to close any LR gap in order to nullify starting advantage (read: safety) of LR.

There wont be more expensive LR weapon!

edit: i really hate those guys stacking always LR to go for an air shit (mid air ship), the one and only tank without any team skills!
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
guys why you dont understand that lr weapons are crap in mid and endgame? LR wpns are useless to deffend controlpoints. LR weapons are useless for taking control points (no dmg share). LR cant push lanes...
i do understand .. but this does not mean that LR has no potential or they are completely useless. for example in middlegame a air/LR combination can easy outrange factory campers or shortrange strategies inbetween fights. but this is more offtopic i guess
I have noticed several people now play half-decently with acid. But that is the problem, we cannot play any better than "half-decently" until we get a late option. Trying to prove ourselves worthy with our hands tied behind our backs at the moment.....

The goliath in my reply seemed far from a burden (until he was forced to upgrade to supercell which made him shitty). Yes yes was a crap replay since 3 vs 4 but was only an example of almost every game I play with LR being excellent until you have a million dollars and nothing to buy. I've run into this problem so many times that I almost can't be bothered playing battletanks anymore what is the point if I am always forced to play a standard overused 1k build? Why everyone is catered for except the hardcore late game LR minority. Sure people could fail with a late LR but people fail all the time in battletanks, including me I am only human.

I just think it is bullcrap that any of you could argue against this subject without bothering to at the very least give us the chance to prove ourselves right here...

@Perfektionist: I er... was solo pushing with LR so many times. If anything LR is the bomb at taking over points since your damaging outside the blast zone and wearing down enemies before the takeover. Though yes your right that LR sucks at defense can't have the best of both worlds. Give and take I suppose?

(2013-04-12, 21:37:29)gozo1985 Wrote: i do understand .. but this does not mean that LR has no potential or they are completely useless. for example in middlegame a air/LR combination can easy outrange factory campers or shortrange strategies inbetween fights. but this is more offtopic i guess
Amen. Same applies to late also

It is a real shame now that Goliath tank is out, adding some prime beef to late game LR. We have a shiny new LR late-tank, now all we need is a shiny new LR late-gun.
I'm not against a costy LR weapon, but I won't be using it since its weak vs structures and 1300 range weapons has low dps.
early lr user pwn a crappy of everyone , you want late game ir win , early game pwn ,since in the public not really everyone know how to counter ir
if ir get trashed early , mid game , mapper will fix it
it is just that ir really trash public in early game so bad , that so called pro all use lr
mappers fix that = pro will so called stay at pro , use lr like only ir match , you dont know how ir weapon hi you when they defend cp , 1 shot combo = nearly instant kill
for short or mid range ppl , need to kill them before their next hit

like crap ir ppl complain , wait to everyone use ir , really useless , no team kill , no support , it is just hit and run = need to ways to them hit me and you died = good
(2013-07-03, 14:37:35)091846 Wrote: early lr user pwn a crappy of everyone , you want late game ir win , early game pwn ,since in the public not really everyone know how to counter ir
if ir get trashed early , mid game , mapper will fix it
it is just that ir really trash public in early game so bad , that so called pro all use lr
mappers fix that = pro will so called stay at pro , use lr like only ir match , you dont know how ir weapon hi you when they defend cp , 1 shot combo = nearly instant kill
for short or mid range ppl , need to kill them before their next hit

like crap ir ppl complain , wait to everyone use ir , really useless , no team kill , no support , it is just hit and run = need to ways to them hit me and you died = good

sorry but i have no clue what you talking about Rolleyes
btw.. frost magic is a nice hunter weapon.. realized that a month ago.
you want in late game everyone use long range ? nothing but long range ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weapons difference (shot per second) gozo1985 1 2,357 2011-10-28, 23:23:22
Last Post: usman111
  wow btank(need more weapons ) 091846 5 4,315 2010-09-21, 01:46:33
Last Post: Althend
  how many idiots will complain about new weapons? qweqqweq 2 2,317 2009-04-10, 14:59:01
Last Post: Exodus
  Teleporter + Low Range Weapons horselance 16 8,124 2008-07-25, 20:39:45
Last Post: italyrools
  High Bounty & 1300 Range Weapons xenocide85 6 4,198 2008-07-23, 22:12:08
Last Post: Gammagulp