Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does distributor needs a rework?
Hi,

I was just wondering about w spell of distributor : the repair thing. I was wondering if that wouldn't be better to heal the tank in some time (2-3-4 seconds) instead of instantaneously. I played some games so far when I started with a distributor and had some hard time to push me opponent to his cp. Then he went heavy tank : he didn't move from his cp for 5 min (ofc he was lvl 10+). Why? Because when he sends rocket + ulti, I just cast repair spell and start the battle against this guy with full hp, even if he sent 2,5k of damage with his spells. So I got an advantage on him because he sold his distributor for a heavy tank oO.
Btw we had almost the same items build, 2k more hp on him and same weapons. I did beat him easily when he bought heavy...

It's just a suggestion of course, just want some opinions Smile

Max.
Sure, this ability is a strong defense (and still i see so many (mid) people not picking this skill or using it for their mates) but this tank has almost none offense abilities. Heat seeking missile is a little bit awkward to use and besides that there is nothing else. No stuns, no slows, no real burst or aoe dmg.

And well, heavy tank is the easiest burst to counter with reactive armor and getting an heavy versus an distributor on lane (even so distri isn't a well lane tank) is as stupid as getting an air ship for mid especially if there are storm or demon tanks out there...

This tank relies on mates and is meant to support therefore i consider it as the worst lane tank available - without mates it is almost useless.

So if you can beat your enemy with this tank you would humiliate him with any other Tongue
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
And you can always go for swarm rockets and only fire your rocket from ~1k range, so one cannot possibly block it because one does not know which rocket is the stun.
Well I played yesterday vs a good player in ranked. Playing beta make me usually face "bad laners" so I couldn't figure this tank weaknesses. It's hard to play but as strong as all other tanks, it's not really op. That's right that repair spell is strong but attacking one is slow to recharge... It's good balanced. I'll try again some times to make myself a better idea of this tank.
Thanks for feedback anyway Wink
distri is so fucking sexy vs a miner in midSmile
Quote:Why? Because when he sends rocket + ulti, I just cast repair spell and start the battle against this guy with full hp, even if he sent 2,5k of damage with his spells.

very bad move from him.
when facing ditributor else you buy some rapid fire like swarm to get the 2 or 3 hits that heals him and then you unleashed the fire.
or you can waste 1 of your spell to force him to use his spell, wait the 6 s cd or you hit him 2 or 3 times with your weapons (just look at the floating text) then you use your last spell.

Distributor is slow, no burst dmg as Esvau pointed out and no direct spell (he is a tank who can tank good but bad imo in 1v1).

the combo rocket ulti from heavy is good for air or weak tank with enough speed to avoid ulti. Never do that on a "good" distributor.

all you have to do is pay attention to the use of this healing spell, then you burst him.

ofc all that depends on the skills of both players.
I think the shield is abit on the stronger side but it just means you need to force the enemy to use there shield and then nuke or do it like other players said above.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
When I played vs heavy, after killing him twice and getting his tower, he stood back around his cp. He didn't send any of his spells for 5 minutes (after that I changed my tank) and the only time he could attack me I was going back healing (distributor faster than heavy w/o speed).

But in this game my opponent wasn't an offensive laner (beta game - I kept pushing him back with 500 hp with shield ready and hiding behind creeps..) so I could farm easily in a first place and I was as fed as him (we started distributor vs distributor). So he was easy to beat.
But yesterday vs an offensive laner (an lucky too...) I didn't beat him that easy.

All depend of opponent skills. I'll try back again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjust raider and distributor griffin1987 8 5,305 2014-01-23, 10:04:06
Last Post: EarthR