Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slight Topography Change
Hi, I would like to see an accessible path made between the top cp and the tank shop. I find bottom to be a more valuable cp then top because of the relative easy with which you can access the tank shop vs top. I would imagine that this is not a difficult change. Please feel free to give any input either for or against, or if you feel that any other topography changes should be made.
Could you describe this in more detail? Maybe with a picture of what you would like to see.
The shop on the sub lane is easy to reach for players of the Dark Force,
the shop on the upper lane is easy to reach for players of the Light Force.

But on the other hand, if one is (DF on the upper, LF on the sub lane) it is hard to reach the shop, especially for ground tanks: While the bridge leads dircetly from the shop to the control point on the sub, on the upper lane the forest forces a ground unit has to make curves. The effect is that the way becomes longer, so the shopping (ground) tank is an easy target, at least easier as on the sub lane.
Also the lengths of the longer ways are not equal in my opinion.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This too.

Light force ground tanks can access this shop better than Dark Force ground tanks. Is it deliberate?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.
In my opinion it can stay as it is - I do like the asymetry and the unbalance effect is quite small. Especially the "better access" is not even worth mentioning, as every skilled player gets either pilot in no tinker mode, or tinker and ports from the cp to the tank shop.
Prog Wrote:In my opinion it can stay as it is - I do like the asymetry and the unbalance effect is quite small. Especially the "better access" is not even worth mentioning, as every skilled player gets either pilot in no tinker mode, or tinker and ports from the cp to the tank shop.

yea i agree but it might be interesting
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
But still the Dark Force players have a disadvantage at the weapon (!) shops.
RaptorXI Wrote:But still the Dark Force players have a disadvantage at the weapon (!) shops.

True.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Would be interesting to look at the avarage wins/loses for Dark and Light Force in the leage beta games since the player shuffle is active. Theoretically it should converge to 0.5/0.5 as there are really many many games played. Perhaps you can there see some map asymetries wich favor one force.
It's about 51% dark force victories :wink:
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Interesting. So either your theories about the shops beeing disadvantage for Dark Force is wrong or theres something other.
I think the advantages/disadvantages are extremely small. It hardly makes any difference.

You'll find many small "asymmetric" places all over the map. Not sure if it is really something to be "fixed".
eSVau Wrote:It's about 51% dark force victories :wink:
Proof?

ssl Wrote:So either your theories about the shops beeing disadvantage for Dark Force is wrong or theres something other.
I said the Dark Forces has a disadvantage at the lane weapon shops, not all over the map. Yes, there are games where Dark Force is proud if they can bash some newbies.

@ Velocity: Who mentioned "fixing"? I wanted to show imbalances on the map, not to tell the mappers how to create 'their' game.
RaptorXI Wrote:
eSVau Wrote:It's about 51% dark force victories :wink:
Proof?

You'll have to believe him as you can't expect to get access to the league database. ESVau has this access as he works on the leaguepage/-formula/etc.
No problem, but believe and science are not the same.
Velocity2k Wrote:I think the advantages/disadvantages are extremely small. It hardly makes any difference.

You'll find many small "asymmetric" places all over the map. Not sure if it is really something to be "fixed".

Like that annoying light pole situated near light force CP in middle lane. :lol:
Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  remove leaver penalty & giveup / change kick back griffin1987 21 18,583 2014-01-24, 12:20:12
Last Post: Exodus
  remove giveup, change kicking griffin1987 9 9,282 2013-08-21, 16:22:24
Last Post: gozo1985
  Weapon Mode Change UnifiedDoom 7 9,015 2013-01-07, 10:46:27
Last Post: 091846
  Change Tech Mech healing skill Tez.Sick 42 31,332 2011-10-04, 23:27:25
Last Post: griffin1987
  Change factories griffin1987 3 3,835 2011-08-24, 13:06:37
Last Post: Prog