Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nukes + allied buildings
I just finished the third game in a row where I've witnessed one of the enemy players nuke their own base with the Bomb/Nuke. Would it be too much trouble to ask if you could stop this somehow? Maybe like with teleporters, where you can't target within the base, but make it your own instead of the enemy's? Even though they do it when they're at a disadvantage or whatever, it's really annoying.

Also, if Orbitals can also hurt allied buildings, I'd suggest the same be done for it as well. Anyone else have trouble with people like this?
DPS > Range, 'nuff said.
They do this to finish the game faster. I've also seen this several times...
whats bad with it? you mean because it ends the game? because they damage their team?

hmm... i would say banlisting is for those people^^
perhaps not buildings, but only units? dont know...
Quote:whats bad with it? you mean because it ends the game? because they damage their team?
Basically because it damages their team. Also, if they want to end the game faster, they can simply use the -giveup command. While they have used it to end the game faster, it doesn't stop them from team-nuking their own base when they're doing well. I'm mostly asking this in case that does happen, and I do see it happening eventually.

My suggestion was that you couldn't target the bomb within the base (I would make it the whole area, not just the high ground) like with Teleporting, except that you can't target the Bomb in your OWN base rather than the enemy's. I don't want make it so that allied buildings can't be destroyed, because there should still be some risk to using the Bomb, but if you could just stop them from placing in a certain area, it would help out a lot. (If your base is already destroyed completely, Bombing the enemy there just once will just delay the inevitable.)[/quote]
DPS > Range, 'nuff said.
Bumping an old topic ...Big Grin

I think the main issue on this topic are people getting spawnkilled while carrying nukes/bombs/call them whatever. Maybe it's somehow possible to place a timer on those items so they won't fire for something like 30 seconds after you respawned.
Someone bringing up the -giveup command reminds me... Maybe it would be possible to make commands like -giveup and -kick # give you the option to type -giveup or -no instead of popping up that annoying dialog box every time some guy insists on spamming those commands? Whether someone is doing it through sheer immaturity or just doing it to be annoying... Yeah, it's annoying.
I often been writing something, or battling in a critical situation, and that ugly vote window appear, killing my LONG message, or I get killed cuz I lost control in 1-2 sec at very worst time.
Hm ... shouldn't it be possible to link two keyboard buttons to yes/no? Never tried it but at least some keys can be used (seen in other maps).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buildings,Breakers,and Detectors BENNIE.FM 10 7,803 2014-04-04, 16:57:26
Last Post: Flygplan
  Player Creeps/Buildings Gold gozo1985 2 3,436 2013-05-24, 20:07:55
Last Post: gozo1985
  Destroy Creep Buildings MacBeth 2 3,442 2011-03-29, 01:38:56
Last Post: MacBeth
  More health for buildings AngryMasturbator 3 2,759 2008-03-20, 16:38:01
Last Post: Althend
  player controlled buildings DerSatan 7 3,936 2007-11-15, 16:50:00
Last Post: Batto