Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increase Bounty of Watch Tower [Scout]
If you destroy this tower, you only receive a little amount of gold (I think it's about 5 or 6 for Level 1 Tower with Level 1/1 Force upgrade). That's really low since the tower has many hit points and a level 1/1 marine gives already twice bounty.
Summoned units have been known to yield little to no bounty. Gold from nothing puts the enemy at an advantage. Gaurd treants and Ghost tank ghosts give 0 bounty yet can really take a beating (they too scale up as the force upgrades). I just think certain tanks shouldn't be able to generate gold for the enemy team through certain abilities. Would it make sense if I got more gold every time I was struck by a heavy tank missle?
But the Scout is such a strong tank for 500 gold (just take a look at his creep cannon), and all towers (Force & Tinker) grant bounty if they get destroyed.
I consider scout tower to be more of a "immobile summon" than a tower (like the tinker's) due to it's limitted lifespan and lack of inventory space. I think you should be happy the scout tower gives any gold at all considering it is impossible for the other player to even get such a bounty, and assuming you are farming a similar amount then you would be at an advantage simply for killing the tower. The marines are designed simply at pieces of meat to give the enemy money and absorb damage so it's unfair to compare a player controlled summoned unit to a force controlled creep anyway.

Hah, scout is strong? Just look at heli, it's a tier 1 tank that costs only 1000 gold but it's one of the most overpowered tanks in the game.
(2011-07-09, 20:41:43)UnifiedDoom Wrote: I consider scout tower to be more of a "immobile summon" than a tower (like the tinker's) due to it's limitted lifespan and lack of inventory space. I think you should be happy the scout tower gives any gold at all considering it is impossible for the other player to even get such a bounty, and assuming you are farming a similar amount then you would be at an advantage simply for killing the tower. The marines are designed simply at pieces of meat to give the enemy money and absorb damage so it's unfair to compare a player controlled summoned unit to a force controlled creep anyway.

Hah, scout is strong? Just look at heli, it's a tier 1 tank that costs only 1000 gold but it's one of the most overpowered tanks in the game.

Heli is another topic. If you want to discuss about it, open a new thread (bombs are weaker in the new beta, btw).
Me is just mentioning that tower of gold of scout is low compared to bounty of other towers (and that scout is a bit too strong for its prize at all in my opinion).
You didn't respond to my previous statement about scout towers being "summons" and not "towers". When I said that heli was overpowered it was to make a point to compare it to scout in that many tier 1 one tanks are strong and as a rebuttal to your
Quote:But the Scout is such a strong tank for 500 gold
statement. Telling me to open a new thread is simply avoiding the arguement.

(2011-07-09, 22:27:10)UnifiedDoom Wrote: You didn't respond to my previous statement about scout towers being "summons" and not "towers". When I said that heli was overpowered it was to make a point to compare it to scout in that many tier 1 one tanks are strong and as a rebuttal to your
Quote:But the Scout is such a strong tank for 500 gold
statement. Telling me to open a new thread is simply avoiding the arguement.

Scout tower is definetly a building.
And discussing imbalances of Tier 1 tanks is a question, but it doesn't belong here (I didn't even disagree with your previous post).
(2011-07-09, 23:50:55)RaptorXI Wrote: Scout tower is definetly a building.

Now that you have told me what you think I would like to ask why you consider scout tower to be a building and not a summon for gameplay purposes.

Now I know that if you go into the map editor and look at game mechanics Scout Tower is by all means a "building" I will admit that. However for all practical and gameplay purposes Scout Tower serves as a Summoned Unit rather than a "building" because:
- It is unique to a single tank (scout)
- It has two unique abilities (creep only attack and detection)
- It costs mana to create
- It has no inventory to hold items
- Most importantly It will die naturally after a certain amount of time

Now you may wonder why I consider Scout towers to be an "Immobile summon" and not tinker towers to be the same way. Well tinker towers which I consider are "buildings":
- Do not die after a specified time enless killed
- Are replicas of real towers (cannon and laser) and serve the same function and therefore are not entirely unique to tinker
- Have an inventory to hold various modules/items
- Can be built in mass and stacked repeatedly unlike scout towers

I stop argueing with you here. This thread is about the bounty of Watch Tower, not about the essence of buildings and summons.
It's a summon - Topic closed.
Free tinker & free oil for airships!
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
The whole point of me proving that scout tower was a summon was to put it in the same catergory as ghosts and treants which yield no bounty. Because all of these units are in the same catergory it makes no sense for one to give bounty while the other does not. Thats why I feel the Scout tower is fine the way it is with a small amount of bounty.
(2011-07-09, 16:42:21)RaptorXI Wrote: If you destroy this tower, you only receive a little amount of gold (I think it's about 5 or 6 for Level 1 Tower with Level 1/1 Force upgrade). That's really low since the tower has many hit points and a level 1/1 marine gives already twice bounty.

btw why would you expect more gold about a tower with 400 starting hitpoint?

no gold would be even better for Watch tower
It would be unbalanced if you up the bounty on the tower to 20-30 gold, since it can be easily destroyed before it gets completed (any spell, or even simply attacking it should there be no creeps nearby). With a higher bounty, the scout tower becomes unusable since you are just feeding gold.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  remove tower passive heal ckibibi 2 4,523 2014-07-11, 02:30:52
Last Post: GodStrongArms
  Increase heavy missile speed griffin1987 4 4,698 2013-08-28, 06:17:04
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Watch replay and tell me kick system isn't useless griffin1987 4 5,498 2013-08-23, 03:04:52
Last Post: Prog
  Tank bounty depending on time of last death Bob666 23 17,974 2012-03-15, 01:40:37
Last Post: Smell.No.Evil
  Tinker tower Tez.Sick 4 4,896 2012-02-10, 20:38:44
Last Post: gozo1985