Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Balancing - Goblin Tank, Sky Tank?
First I wanna say thanks for all the work on BT Map. I think you did great job.
But i wanna come up with a balancing suggestion.

May it be that Goblin Tank and Sky Tank are a bit too inbalanced?

Goblin Tank:
with Porter (and maybe nets) is i think not possible to counter in the same price category.
What will you buy for (6500 + 3000 + 600) 10100 Gold which is able to stop a port-(maybe net)-hammer-ulti?
I know there are also weapons at this time.. but lets just compare the skills and items.

I think you will not find one.

The problem is imo that the combination of Goblin Tanks skills with porter (and maybe nets) is too strong... against EVERY Tank in the same price category or even higher.

Sky Tank:
the skills of the sky tank are too immobile. The Ulti is the only really 100% usefull skill (the speed aura for air tanks is ok but passiv)... The others skills seems ok but really weak. You have 2 skills which you have to stand still for 1 or 2 seconds or for this electro ground thing even more. They are only used for creeping or buildings in a really immobile way.

Goblin is pretty ineffective against Earth Robot if you manage to activate granite defense before, or even after the hammer. You say Goblin is too strong with porter, but without porter it's terribly weak. You can't use your stun without being heavily damaged or intercepted by other stuns. This makes Goblin extremely susceptible to teleport breakers for a mere 300 gold.

As for Sky Tank, I agree this tank is rubbish for 8000 gold. It seems to find a role as an anti-ground air tank (sporting "ground only" flamestrike and thunder quake). Goblin and Earth however both fill the anti-ground role much better than it does. Speed Aura stacks with turbo speed which makes it viable if you bought speed boost as a lower tier tank, but wouldn't you rather just skip speed boost and buy airship instead to fly just as fast? The only thing I see this tank useful for is defensive switching to an air tank if the enemy is heavily anti ground and you're a heavy or thunder and your team doesn't have 14 armor upgrades for the far superior sky fortress.
In a way your right.... without porter the goblin tank is a bit weak i agree with you.
But the point is that its too strong with porter. I think theres the balancing a bit missing in BOTH parts (with and without porter).

The easiest way imho to solve this is balancing the skill damage of the goblin.

1) More(!) damage for this small Goblins but also raise the Teamdamage (so its not wise to use it in a short combat - which makes the time when you have no porter more effective and makes it doubleedged if you want to use it in close combat)
2) Less(!) Damage for the Hammer but give the FIGHTERS a "shocked status" which takes away some speed for a small duration.

Point 2) Will have 2 effects imho... the Goblin Tank will need some more weapon power now. The enemy has a bit better chance to survive even when hes slowed and an easy target (which makes for example the earth with his defense skill really really really slow). The Goblin Tanks needs to use his Port-Attack action more carefully to avoid getting rekilled after hes also a bit slower ("shocked")

SkyTank:
Redo Thunder Quake !!!!Smile

looks like you need some practice with sky fort ...
gobo already got "nerfed" - net duration was reduced
by the time you got gobo + port + net + weapon i've already slapped you multiple times with airship + 1k range weapons & i'm 2 fat for that lame gobo ...
We are talking about SkyTank... not SkyFort...
(2011-09-09, 16:54:01)stibi- Wrote: looks like you need some practice with sky fort ...
gobo already got "nerfed" - net duration was reduced
by the time you got gobo + port + net + weapon i've already slapped you multiple times with airship + 1k range weapons & i'm 2 fat for that lame gobo ...

Net got nerfed, not gobo. Also you're assuming you got fed by some noob, which is not a fair comparison. Wanna try the same comparison playing against me? I normally have gobo at about 15 mins if i really play for it - without hull or port of course, and only 2 or 3 basic magic or the like - but still about the same if not more than most of the average airship player. So you should never compare 2 tanks by thinking about who plays them, but by the tanks themself.

Also, who needs net to kill air? Gobo kann kill air without nets as well - I never play nets because you waste 200 gold for each kill, and if you're a good gobo, you'd like a second porter because there are so many free kills out there, so no need to buy nets.

Either way I think that a teleport breaker as an item would solve the balancing issue - in return gobo could be given a bit less damage on hammer but with a kinda jump - so he has stun and port in 1 skill. Shouldn't have m ore than about 800 range, and the damage should be about halfed, but I think that would make it more balanced, less reliant on porter, and less an overpowered "I can kill everything close up" tank.

The thing about earth robot is, while it helps the one playing the earth, the gobo can still farm all other players. And being able to farm lower tier tanks is absolutely okay I'd say, but that's only as long as their equipment is comparable. At the moment it's morelike you can jump a thunder tank with a gold hull and more or less instantly kill him with hammer + ulti + a bit of weps.

Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  crazywolf777 Tank Ideas crazywolf777 2 3,434 2014-01-24, 11:04:12
Last Post: crazywolf777
  it is time for us to get a radar van / tank 091846 2 3,490 2013-07-11, 17:15:29
Last Post: 091846
  Exploder tank Max 7 7,106 2013-04-29, 02:26:29
Last Post: gozo1985
  New Tank: Siege Tank TKF 1 4,389 2013-02-27, 08:08:35
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Buff Goblin Tank UnifiedDoom 19 15,057 2012-07-16, 15:06:23
Last Post: Teo_live