which means:
Code:
single  common  rare
800     1600    2400
1000    2000    3000
1200    2400    3600
1400    2800    4200
1600    3200    4800
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
eSVau Wrote:
Prog Wrote:No change.
which means:
Code:
single = common  rare  common against air
800     800    1600         0  
1000    1000   2000         0
1200    1200   2400         0
1400    1400   2800         0
1600    1600   3200         0

fyp
i say: you are unable to use a combo - you say: no - paladon decides
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
I say i rewrite the tooltip and leave the spell just as it is currently.
A triple hit is, after checking the corresponding code and ranges, in all honesty very rare and you have to move very, very, unhandily in order to be hit three times. Even if you are stunned, the maximum to be hit is totally "just" a double hit.

Since Exo designed the spell with possible double hits, I guess rewriting and clarifying this issue in the tooltip shold be enough.

Esvau - you can proof me otherwise, but Warcraft isn't making other solutions easier.
I'd totally love to "remove" triple hits, but with the circular target areas and tank movement, it's nearly impossible to exclude that possibility without giving the possibility to be not hit by a single shot when standing in the line.

Also, your image provided at the very top is apparently not exact, the rings are just touching each other and not crossing.
To be hit 2 times means your tank overlaps 2 rings by standing near to the touching point, 3 times means you move away from the firing tank from such a touching point to another touching point further outside.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
1. hitting 3 times is not uncommon, but most common - i'm playing about 2-3 games average a day (taking in the weekends in the calculation where it's 5-10 games mostly and 1-2 games under the week i'd say) and when taking the heavy tank i almost always hit ppl 3 times with HOB. About evading: If you're an ai with 0 ping and 0 reaction time - yes it is easy. If I play on my bot with 8ms ping and my clickrate of about 180-220, yes it's possible. If you do the same math with the average non-pro - and i'm not talking about totally newbie players - you get something like ping of 50-90ms + clickrate of about 80-140 + reaction time, because not all of them are coffeine junkies - and they most of the time have no chance to evade.

Thinking about evading the skill is okay for me, as it adds another strategic component in micro-combat, which is why i love battletanks. But saying that the heavy is not imbalanced - and if you read carefully i (at least i think i did) stated in my post that i find the armour skill to be useless - is in my humble oppinion like saying "common, who can't port in, chaos drop to stun + chaos wave + rain + drop item + buy creeps and spawn them + take item again + click power pack" - it's not that I can't do that or not now many ppl who can do something like that, it's just that you all seem to talking about pros while i talk about the average battletank player, which is someone having played, let's say, 50 games - not 1000.

I'm in for decreasing the area to 375 or 350, but actually, as stated, i'd love to see the armour skill to be removed or replaced by something more useful, making the heavy tank a heavy tank - and not a mortar tank as it is right now.

Hope I didn't step on anyone's toes with what I said, just wanna help increasing balance in this everlasting mapWink

Best Regards
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
hat i forgot to add about 3pple hit: Just try to kill an airship / thunder tank with rocket + HOB only - it's pretty easy.
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
I think this ulti is imba ^_^

I suggest to make the mana price higher, so people would have to buy battery if they want to combo rocket it :p
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
I would say slightly reduce the aoe of each bomb rain or increase the mana cost for that matter. Heavy Tanks ultimate is highly effective against structures so a damage reduction modifier will reduce it's damage against structures. A damage nerf against buildings would be a needfull nerf since it's quite strong as it always get's 2-3 hits on buildings. Even if this ability can miss, buildings can't dodge it.
You gotta buy battery anyway if you wanna combo lvl 4 rocket with lvl 1 ulti at lvl 10, but that involves saving skill points something i'm not sure everyone does.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Double Mech Still Imbalanced griffin1987 0 1,669 2011-11-19, 22:57:36
Last Post: griffin1987
  4 vs 5 --- 4 Player team imbalanced? StendekX 5 5,094 2010-12-06, 21:58:28
Last Post: mooneye
  No more Bombs in own base - why? griffin1987 15 7,451 2010-03-28, 17:11:50
Last Post: ssl
  Bombs die too easily. the truth 14 6,520 2009-02-08, 20:46:17
Last Post: Dr.McNinja
  I think the map is imbalanced in favor of Dark Force Khristophoros 28 10,876 2008-12-18, 05:28:36
Last Post: Khristophoros