Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aura Tank?
What do u think guy about aura tank?
100% support player with auras only.
I think probably permamnent auras would be imba so let's make it life spaned.
If used properly it would be gr8 advantage i think and nice support tank with adanced troop, factories, mines etc. Would probably better than architect wich is almost never used in league (i see it maybe in 1/20 games)
what do u think about the idea?
It could be very good based on how you design you it and the stats of the aruas. However, it would also be a very boring tank (on the same level as trader) to play without any active skills and would be very easy to kill if it ever went out in the open alone. We do have aruas already in the form of advanced troop command and troop command center (one being overused and the other being underused). I actually don't know exactly how much of a part tank armor in taking damage from spells and weapons but it seems like a lot considering how Earth Robot functions but an armor arua could be very very overpowered (site goblin junker from bships pro if you know what I'm talking about).
Tank armor does not influence the damage you reveice from tank weapons and skills in any way. Just creeps and towers. The reason the Earth Tank receives less damage, is the fact that he also has an additional magic resistance. More info about this can be found there.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
it's just an idea. i'm a father and employee, i don't have time to study bt maths, so won't post any numbers of tank's auras, armor hp etc. I think that makeing balanced, good looking and giving fun tank is probably one of the hardest things in the game.
I just want to know what u guys think about this idea. I think this tank could replace architect since it's almost never used tank. i have seen some architect early after new ver realse but now i havn't seen it for a long time.
I agree with doom that without any active skills it can be very boring tank, so maybe you guys give some idea how to mix auras with other skills.
I just had an idea of some skill - i think it could be even ultimate.
Let's name it force field;)
How it works? It make some terrain unable to enter or leave. The radius and/or time of the skill would increase with every lvl. To be clear - i mean the offect of the skill is like you put a glass upside-down on the table. Everything that's inside the glass - can't leave, everything outside - can't enter.
I'm just afraid it could be overpowered.
anyway i wait for your suggestions ideas about "aura tank"
(2011-07-13, 23:16:06)progg Wrote: it's just an idea. i'm a father and employee, i don't have time to study bt maths, so won't post any numbers of tank's auras, armor hp etc. I think that makeing balanced, good looking and giving fun tank is probably one of the hardest things in the game.
I just want to know what u guys think about this idea. I think this tank could replace architect since it's almost never used tank. i have seen some architect early after new ver realse but now i havn't seen it for a long time.
I agree with doom that without any active skills it can be very boring tank, so maybe you guys give some idea how to mix auras with other skills.
I just had an idea of some skill - i think it could be even ultimate.
Let's name it force field;)
How it works? It make some terrain unable to enter or leave. The radius and/or time of the skill would increase with every lvl. To be clear - i mean the offect of the skill is like you put a glass upside-down on the table. Everything that's inside the glass - can't leave, everything outside - can't enter.
I'm just afraid it could be overpowered.
anyway i wait for your suggestions ideas about "aura tank"

your idea is a great one but maybe instead of replacing the architect you should replace the storm tank, i have absolutly never seen that used.
(2011-11-23, 17:28:19)Shadowgear7 Wrote: your idea is a great one but maybe instead of replacing the architect you should replace the storm tank, i have absolutly never seen that used.

i use it often. its a very good and balanced tank against air (if you switch the tank cannon to air only - many ppl dont know that).

i think an aura tank is not a good idea. really hard to balance. i prefer other tanks. a new tank for start (around 1,2k cost) a new for midgame (around 7k cost) one for later games (around 11k) and one for end games (around 20k).

if you need ideas tell meSmile

If it is to provide an aura and increase the support aspect; make it being item then :o

For example:

Tank Linker: in aura of 1000 range, all nearby tank shares 20% damages
Active: the tank aimed by the item gets 30% slow during 5 sec

Magnetic field: In 1000 range, all allied and urself get +15% speed
Active: the allied tank aimed gets +50% speed for 5 sec

Dislocator: All enemies in 600 range get +15% damage
Active: the creep aimed by the item does +400% damage

Radiance: allied tank in 750 range gets mana and heal regen buff
Active: the aimed allied tank receive +20% of his max hp

And if u upgrad them, u get the active item effet!

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
(2011-11-23, 17:56:33)Althend Wrote: If it is to provide an aura and increase the support aspect; make it being item then :o

For example:

the dislocator confuses me, y would u give enemies a buff? though all the others sound good, sounds like a fun tank
(2011-11-23, 21:31:10)Shadowgear7 Wrote:
(2011-11-23, 17:56:33)Althend Wrote: If it is to provide an aura and increase the support aspect; make it being item then :o

For example:

the dislocator confuses me, y would u give enemies a buff? though all the others sound good, sounds like a fun tank

They receive 15% extra damage from u :p
if u do 100dps, then they would get 115 ^__^
(2011-11-24, 00:33:14)Althend Wrote:
(2011-11-23, 21:31:10)Shadowgear7 Wrote:

For example:

They receive 15% extra damage from u :p
if u do 100dps, then they would get 115 ^__^

ah, i misread. i thought u gave them a buff that allowed them to deal more damage. my mistake, sounds like an awesome tank
These are not skills for a new tank but items that should be add. Making an aura tank would make it boring for the player by specializing it too much. Making items would icnrease the teamplay of the game and provide different alternatives to the way players interact to each others.
well for those who like going support (me). i think the tank idea is great, though i do see ur idea as them being items. but what if everyone got the buffs? then its just a huge stacking buff that makes everything immpossible to kill.
Auras do not cumulate ^__^

Making it items also helps for long game where there is no tiers 4-5 support tanks.
(2011-11-25, 18:19:32)Althend Wrote:
Making it items also helps for long game where there is no tiers 4-5 support tanks.

tank, not tanks, the only support tank is gaurd Tongue. Also if the tank is tier 3 or less it's just going to be insta-feed for sky fortress/inf rape. The only tier 3 tank that can survive during that time is Earth.

i'd say good sky tank also can survive in late game vs forts. I've seen you doom or olivercamel playing sky tank with ultimate pack, powerpack, troops, smoke, and 2 flaks rapeing forts rly nice;)
well it wouldnt be a teir 3, because most(if not all ) teir 3 tanks are attack. it would just be nice for there to be more support on the feild rather than attack. that was tried when architect came out and i love it but we still need more

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  crazywolf777 Tank Ideas crazywolf777 2 3,452 2014-01-24, 11:04:12
Last Post: crazywolf777
  it is time for us to get a radar van / tank 091846 2 3,511 2013-07-11, 17:15:29
Last Post: 091846
  Exploder tank Max 7 7,135 2013-04-29, 02:26:29
Last Post: gozo1985
  New Tank: Siege Tank TKF 1 4,410 2013-02-27, 08:08:35
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Buff Goblin Tank UnifiedDoom 19 15,128 2012-07-16, 15:06:23
Last Post: Teo_live