Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Architect splash cannon autocast
I have a suggestion which requires convincing Exodus to do the work Wink

It's about the splash cannon of the architect. It's a board cannon which causes splash dmg but consumes mana.

I would like to see this skill implemented as autocast like the ultimate of ghost tank. So we would have a yellow corner frame icon with will be set to autocast by right clicking it. Activated you have sparkling yellow border.
That way you can distinguish between an activated splash cannon and a deactivated one.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
I like.

Also, remake the canon module (?) and increase the speed of the [Q] skill projectile. Some speedy tanks can evade it for quite some time!
It is a minor issue but I agree. Currently splash cannon uses the "mana shield" icon when switched on and off. If autocast is given to splash cannon then the icon should be changed to something more appropriate. Save the "mana shield" icon for a new tank and/or new weapon idea.

Also the bug that stops splash cannon from working when it is used continuously for too long needs to be fixed. As for Cannon module... it should be allowed to be buffable on pacifa, it is after all a tank (sort of).

On a completely offtopic side note, an improved version of gold hull is needed for Architect to be any sort of severe threat. Until that gets implimented, he will just remain an incredibly expensive and high maitanence "for fun" tank.
(2012-08-09, 02:14:56)Teo_live Wrote: On a completely offtopic side note, an improved version of gold hull is needed for Architect to be any sort of severe threat. Until that gets implimented, he will just remain an incredibly expensive and high maitanence "for fun" tank.

Can you elaborate on that? Because my experience with the tank disagrees with you.
(2012-08-09, 12:18:16)Prog Wrote:
(2012-08-09, 02:14:56)Teo_live Wrote: On a completely offtopic side note, an improved version of gold hull is needed for Architect to be any sort of severe threat. Until that gets implimented, he will just remain an incredibly expensive and high maitanence "for fun" tank.

Can you elaborate on that? Because my experience with the tank disagrees with you.
Then you haven't had much experience with the tank (or at least don't use it for very long, which defeats the entire purpose of buying architect). I could safely bet I played architect more than most other people here.

A prime item for Architect's needs is the Mass Converter, the item was pretty much made for him as Architect eats mana like a fat man eating kfc. However the thing costs almost 10k to build, by the time you get the money for it you are pretty much in the infernal/sky fortress stage of the game. An architect + his pacifa are way too frail against them so both need Hulls. 1 Hull on each is not enough, 2 Gold hulls on each is bare minimum needed for survival. So that is x4 upgraded Gold hulls + Mass Converter just to be able to merely "cope" at the stage of the game you are in. Such huge investment for such little reward...

Even if you happen to be richie rich able to afford it, you quickly realise you have run out of space in your inventory when it is crammed full of survival items. Things get worse if the game continues, eventually people start buying supercells or Titans and you have a choice to either waste yet another precious item slot on yet another x2 Gold Hulls just to merely survive OR buy a better tank thus selling your mass ammounts of survival gear and incuring a huge profit loss.

Sure you could just use Architect as a T2 tank, but why would you there are other much better tanks choices for T2 purposes. This also defeats Arcitect's biggest advantage of having a potential x12 item slots.

A new improved hull would allow Architect to utilize this only advantage, rather then just full them all up with hulls. Keep in mind many non-Architect players have been asking for a better Hull as well for their own (greedy) purposes. So the item will be win-win really.

On a side note, I am going to experiment the next few days with an Long Range Architect. It might be complete fail, I will probebly get kicked from a few games but it is the only way I can see of utilising his full 12 slots while lacking HP (since LR players don't really need much HP).
I win games with architect with 1700+ elo.Wink

Teleporter, speed + shortrange and abuse the mobility with portals as much as possible.

For a general view on how I play architect you might check http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3072
I must admit I am impressed with your skill, your porter-architect skill is far beyond mine... but even you could not utilize his 12 slot potential with or without a mass converter
(2012-08-09, 22:48:31)Prog Wrote: I'd especially like to see replays from players using the tank totally differently than I do.
That's the problem, there currently is NO OTHER WAY of playing him effectively at the moment.

It is a shame since the idea of a potential 12-slot tank has so much potential, it also is one of the few times people would consider buying mass converter. Unfortunately the huge investment just is not worth it as there is no way of plausibly backing up his HP without wasting at least 6 of those item slots on Gold hulls. I will keep experimenting, hopefully I manage to create a reply half as good as yours using the late 12 strategy.

Er... sorry eSVau for hijacking the thread Big Grin, +1 to the idea of making mana cannon autocast (but PLEEEASE change the cannon icon if doing so, the mana shield icon should be used for a skill in a new tank idea).
I do agree on this point 100%. I think there is no good way to use the pacifista inventory (except as a transport tool from shops to your main tank). You don't want to waste much gold into items that you'd have to sell for an end game tank anyway and the architect himself is just not strong enough in end game scenarios. If there was a way to lose less gold with buying pacifista weapons there might be more use to it (Better sell refund for architect?Big Grin).
How about, beeing able to buy stuff with the pacifista, and that for lower costs at all.
And if u had like to swap them into your architect inventory u have to buy them from ur pacifista for the original rest costs of thus items. (a pimped up walking shop : P)

and/or

by putting bought items from the architect into yur pacifista u get % of the price back. If u wanna swap this items back to the architect u have to pay for the reduction then.

So u could specify pimp(Hulls etc.) your pacifista by lower/balanced? costs. and still use it as a transportation. (i guess, a techmech would be the easier way as a transportation then)

Of course the pacifista shouldnt be able to drop/pick up any items(only stuff from the pacifista itself) then.
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
and/or allow Architect to be usable for late game?

This will require a better way of increasing his+pacifa's HP other then el'cheapo gold hull.
Real solution. Decrease the hp of architect of 30%. Make the pacifista receive only 8% of magical damage (but he would receive 200% damage from skill)

Then the dynamic of architect would be really fun to play and there would be a reward for good micro. (the portal would be good way to dodge people who aime the architect)

Put weapons on the pacifista and try to cover your architect while you are in range.

Yeah, I know. You love me
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
(2012-08-29, 20:46:03)Althend Wrote: Yeah, I know. You love me

hello sir!
who are you? Huh
(2012-08-30, 20:13:16)stibi- Wrote:
(2012-08-29, 20:46:03)Althend Wrote: Yeah, I know. You love me

hello sir!
who are you? Huh

He is the bitch of bt ?Big Grin

OK sorry .....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  architect splash cannon mana... gozo1985 5 4,598 2012-05-14, 15:36:59