Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tank stops moving if u try to 'port and u're not on ur CP.
Hi,

as u know: my english is not good at all, so be friendly with me, and I'll be with you too.

Today I want to tell you about a thing that really fucks me up sometimes. I dont know if it is on purpose or it's just not discovered by now:

Let's take an example of a Btanks-Situation: You are in the fight with your enemy and you start to move back, to your CP (controlpoint). In the heat of fight, your start to look only at Mini-Map, to see where the enemy is moving. Now: on half way back to CP, you start to press the "C" button for teleport, and you try to 'port. But as you know, you can only 'port if you're in the range of CP. What the tank does now is: it stand still. The tank stops moving! And sometimes, if you dont realize fast enough that you where not in range of CP, you will loose battle, just because the tank was not moving forward.

Is this on purpose? Because i think it's bullshit. I think it would be better if you just get a short message (something like: "you're not in range of cp" (just like it is right now)) and the tank is just moving forward to where you clicked him (in my example it would be your own cp).

I can imagine that it can not be fixed, just because of the way how Wacraft3 was designed. But: Iam no expert on this.

Please, let me hear your opinion to this one.

Thanks to everyone, who is going to give a good answer.

Cheers.
this is intended. but at least you do not need to stand exactle next to the cp.
we may be able to not let the tank stop, when he's using the cptp, but the effect would -as mentioned- stay the same. no teleport, since you were not in range. but as some players may not check their position at that time, this would lead to people stating 'that they were at the cp, but the cptp didn't work!' ( flaming exluded in here ), as in the end they would be next to a cp.
you need a bit of skill to use the cptp if you want to change lanes fast without checking if your tank is ready or simply have a working team. thus, i guess this will stay the way it currently is. ^^
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
I previously complained about this behavior and i really think it should be removed. Yes you will still get the message, but at least you can then instantly try again and it will work eventually.

In general, there are lots of situations in BT where you stop moving where it is not clear why so and in fact is really annoying. For instance, the Airship healing drones ability. You give a move order somewhere, you launch the drones and you stop. WHY? You just launched the drones so you never wantet to stop moving! A good counter example is the Medivac turbothrust, wich don't stop your vehicle. Both abilitys are non-targeting ones so why the difference?

And please don't tell me about just clicking the move order again, it IS annoying! I'd like to see a vote on this one.

Greetings, ssl.
ssl Wrote:For instance, the Airship healing drones ability. You give a move order somewhere, you launch the drones and you stop.

Just list such things here and we'll see what we can doSmile.
ssl Wrote:In general, there are lots of situations in BT where you stop moving where it is not clear why so and in fact is really annoying. For instance, the Airship healing drones ability. You give a move order somewhere, you launch the drones and you stop. WHY? You just launched the drones so you never wantet to stop moving! A good counter example is the Medivac turbothrust, wich don't stop your vehicle. Both abilitys are non-targeting ones so why the difference?

After all Battle Tanks is still a WARCRAFT 3 map. We cannot simply decide "tank shall stop" or "tank shall move one".
It completely depends on the corresponding skill in Warcraft 3. Order this Undead Spiderking hero to cast "Locust Swarm" while he is moving, and he does stop.

Just sometimes, like in the example of the Mediavac skill, there are possibilities to play a trick to the engine.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Personally i don't see why this should be changed. Everyone knows when the tank will stop, so using those things too early is just a mistake and the player doing it deserves to suffer from it. Exactly things like those stopping with some spells makes it possible to create gaps between player's skills - You just have to know that if you use your ultimate or the lightning as an air ship too early the opponent will escape, but if you wait too long you might lose the fight. Those aspect are essential for competitive gameplay in my opinion.
I have a one problem. I checked the range of the tp. It is significantly smaller than the healing range.

I think the ranges should be the same.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  crazywolf777 Tank Ideas crazywolf777 2 3,570 2014-01-24, 11:04:12
Last Post: crazywolf777
  it is time for us to get a radar van / tank 091846 2 3,687 2013-07-11, 17:15:29
Last Post: 091846
  Exploder tank Max 7 7,432 2013-04-29, 02:26:29
Last Post: gozo1985
  New Tank: Siege Tank TKF 1 4,577 2013-02-27, 08:08:35
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Buff Goblin Tank UnifiedDoom 19 15,843 2012-07-16, 15:06:23
Last Post: Teo_live