Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trader Tweaks
IMHO the trader is overpowered early on. When the trader first starts they have more health than any tank except the demolisher and the shredder. Through out the game the trader is hardly worth anything to kill... even if it's loaded with loot. Combine the two and the trader can trade virtually unhindered early on and even when the other team puts a hunter or chaser on you that tank would end up severely underpowered compared to the rest of the team.

Ergo if you increase the bounty and experience for the loot then it would be easier for a trader hunter to remain on par with their team. Even just a large buff to the experience for killing a trader and a minor buff to the loot would be helpful.

Balance wise you could decrease the health and decrease the price to expand the starting trader strategies. Or you can decrease the health and buff the lower skills... In particular magic barrier (not the barrier shield) so that health could scale with other tank levels.
I have to disagree and say the trader is overpowered in late game, not early cuz it barely provide it's team with gold! It's income escalates during the game. It does only have 1500 hp for costing 2500 gold! And it's easy to kill a anti grav. Also trader when it doesn't use it's defensive abilities.

I played BS, and I have to say no game is harder to play trader than in BT. It's hardest to play trader in BT. In BS you win when you doing the HQ suicide mission and it's very ugly way to win the game. I'm glad that the trading is greatly nerfed in BT, and should stay that way. I don't care if it's nerfed even more, cuz it's unbalanced in terms in insane late game income escalations. Entire team can afford titans and infernals in 1 hour if they all play their cards correct.

Trading is escalating and EXTREMELY overpowered when time passes. At start it sucks. Therefore only hunt traders at start!
I vote to remove trader or at least make the default setting for trader turned off. It has, IMO, no place in league or pub games and proves to be imbalanced if someone plays him who knows how he works vs. a team devoid of having him. He's free money... makes it out of thin air and gives it to everyone.
No offense, but I think your just frustrated from the game earlier. Although I do agree, that it was lame.

Anyway, I think ship should just have its speed nerfed, and I don't like that it speeds up when invis. Since that is it's only defense option until invul.
The usual starting speed is rather low, so you can be hunt by a light tank easy if you cannot use the terrain as advantage. 50 movementspeed difference. The scout has got even 65 more and the tower see invis in 750 range..

The problem is just, that the trader gets too good in the end (maybe starts after 15-20 minutes Gameplay)
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
That's the thing... with 1 trader the other team has 15~20 minutes to sieze territory or they'll loose. So if the trader has a decent team or just a coordinated team it's a win. Trader v Trader... it gets to be a race and that's fun.

Other than that... TKF... how often do you die or how often do you kill a trader in the 1st 15~20 minutes of the game? Then compare how often they die later in the game. Imho... it's hp is imba to start and about right towards mid. Difficulty... it's just doing rounds... gets a little boring to trade the full hr. Mines, Orbital, etc... help make the trader fun.
You cannot hunt a good trader.
I once tried that with heli.
I tried denying him bottom trade points, but I couldn't. He escaped and sometimes was faster than me.
Playing a lot with my minimap this is really not too easy for him!

He flew only few times to goldmine and had his speedpack done.
I had my first weapon upgraded.
The other team outleveled and outfarmed me because I tried to stop trader.
He bought factories and upgraded creeps that fast.
The game was over before it started.

Trader is fast, has invis, has HP.
You gain nothing for killing him.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
Well I played a trader vs trader game with a really good mate to balance the other teammates.

The only option to stop trading is ... laying instant kill mines all around the trademaster BEFORE the trader gets lvl 10

(i got a 614 gold kill by that suprise for the enemy trader, but with no goods he gave only 280 or 300 - I think killing a full trader is a lot of money, since the trader maybe loose 2 minutes of picking up goods later on maybe)
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  allowing trader in league Shadowgear7 2 2,886 2011-11-25, 08:08:50
Last Post: UnifiedDoom
  Inherent trader problem (trade good values) benben10 4 3,330 2009-06-26, 23:18:22
Last Post: GooglyBoogly
  OK trader is imba, what can we change about it? Dr.McNinja 24 11,506 2009-04-20, 23:26:29
Last Post: Ayeshia
  The Ultra Offensive TRADER Dr.McNinja 11 5,567 2009-04-16, 08:27:33
Last Post: Dr.McNinja
  Trader muhaha96 2 2,123 2009-01-15, 11:26:03
Last Post: GooglyBoogly