Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invisible
Hello.
I would like to suggest some things in terms of invisibility in battle tanks.
Invisibility does not come often in front of play, but if so it is pretty imba.
Invisibility should be lifted as soon as the players skills used.
I find it quite overpowered, that a player can win a checkpoint with invisibility.
I would suggest that the invisibility disappears when he comes in range of a tower.
This should not be a howl against players buy the invisibility.
Maybe it's ok to think about these things to change.

best regards daCe

ps:comments like, buy a radar or wards are not allowed Tongue
Wer aufhört, besser zu werden, hat aufgehört, gut zu sein.
I Heart my Denglisch
(2011-06-10, 23:17:26)daCe Wrote: Hello.
I would like to suggest some things in terms of invisibility in battle tanks.
Invisibility does not come often in front of play, but if so it is pretty imba.
Invisibility should be lifted as soon as the players skills used.
I find it quite overpowered, that a player can win a checkpoint with invisibility.
I would suggest that the invisibility disappears when he comes in range of a tower.
This should not be a howl against players buy the invisibility.
Maybe it's ok to think about these things to change.

best regards daCe

ps:comments like, buy a radar or wards are not allowed Tongue

Then get invis yourselfWink

Just because you can't play invis, it doesnt mean it's overpowered.

Invis is 3k, radar is 1k.

But if you don't want to buy radar, get detectors - even cheaper.

Or use scout tower.Wink
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
these are the typical claims. invis is not overpowered. if you know how to play it.
have you ever read what I wrote? This should not be a howl against players buy the invisibility.
I also noticed that just when this would change things that were invisible almost useless. towers should detect invisibility. I think that would be a good option

(2011-06-10, 23:59:30)griffin1987 Wrote: Or use scout tower.Wink

thats it baby,i will buy a scout after playing 50min,only for the guy with invis. OMG
you're the joke ingame, now you come here with useless comments ty
I Heart my Denglisch
(2011-06-11, 00:29:11)daCe Wrote: these are the typical claims. invis is not overpowered. if you know how to play it.
have you ever read what I wrote? This should not be a howl against players buy the invisibility.
I also noticed that just when this would change things that were invisible almost useless. towers should detect invisibility. I think that would be a good option

(2011-06-10, 23:59:30)griffin1987 Wrote: Or use scout tower.Wink

thats it baby,i will buy a scout after playing 50min,only for the guy with invis. OMG
you're the joke ingame, now you come here with useless comments ty

I'll just ignore your insults, but know that I've been playing btanks for 4 years now and yes, I may have bad games, but still you shouldn't judge someone from his stats in only one game - you shouldnt judge someone's bt skills by stats ever in fact, as some ppl tend to play more supportive for example.

Either way, regarding the topic, you made a suggestion, and I suggested something different. Doesn't that make it a completely valid discussion?Wink

And about Invis being overpowered: There's a lot in the game that is overpowered, if you don't counter it.

For example a hunter is totally overpowered, if he plays it right. But still you can always more or less easily counter a hunter with a porter and some good short range equip + stun. Goblin tank for example - and that one's even cheaper. Or just get an earth and activate defense before he drops his gravity.

Mines are an other example. But if you get defuse-pack it's all over.

Medivac ulti is overpowered. But you can use skills to kill him still, and medivac itself doesn't have that much hitpoints.

Sky fortress stun is overpowered, because its duration is rather long. Well, except for getting a better tank or having enough teamplay there's probably not that much you can do about itWink

-> And the same goes for smoke.

As long as there is something to counter it with less cost, it's totally okay. And there IS Radar and Detectors. Really, I've never had a problem to counter invis in any game, but it makes for some rather interesting games, as it adds another possible strategy.

Just like buying barricade / beacon with tech mech. Just like factory supported conquering (was the first to do that about 3 years ago and it's still rather effective in many situations). Or bomb conquering. Or... well, the list goes on and on, and that's exactly what makes btanks keep being interesting after 4 years and thousands of games.

It's just a little bit sorry that there aren't many clans anymore since starcraft came out - I'm still shaman at the clan which once was the largest btanks clan (BTNK + BT2k with nearly 200 members), and there's hardly anyone visiting. It's probably also due to most of the people playing bt today don't have manners and only know how to insult, stand around without playing, giving up, or kicking someone due to his / her stats.

If you didn't intend to make this a discussion, but a one sided oppinion by you, then please think about writing your own blog about it without any comment function, instead of posting it in this forum. This forum is still there for open discussions to make the game even more enjoyable, and things like insults dont help there.

Cheers

Ah, could it be you got upset because of the sentence "Just because you can't play invis, it doesnt mean it's overpowered." ?

In that case rest assured - I didn't mean "you" like you as a person, but the general "you". I don't know about you, but my mothertongue isn't english, it's german, and there we have a word called "man", which is sorta like "everyone" and corresponds to the english "you" which doesn't address someone personally but the general comunity.

I hope I worded that rightWink

Cheers
you have not already read again what I meant.
It is only is for those 3 things. I have not written that it is overpowered if you play pvp. apart from the thing with the skills to use.
radar is great. It has a great range of 450 when you move lol. I think even the other two things should be changed,

edit:
I expect proper answer. You tell me here that I think invisibility overpowered just because i cant play with invis. you tell me that invis cost 3k and a radar 1k.
i know, how i can counter player with invis. I wanted to know what you think. is it ok to capture cps invisible?
what do you think of the towers to reveal the hidden units?Is that ok, that players can use skills when they are invis? What you wrote was ..

keine ahnung warum du da so ein text hingehauen hast.
I Heart my Denglisch
Since invisibility gets removed, when the tank takes damage, it's not that hard to play against this. Especially when defending a CP, since the tank wants to be near it you can guess rather easily where he is (additionally, you can see the source of his weapon fire).

A lot of tanks have aoe abilities that are able to deal damage to invisible units, so you don't even have to buy an extra item. Any more nerfs to invis will just make it useless.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
(2011-06-11, 02:40:57)daCe Wrote: you have not already read again what I meant.
It is only is for those 3 things. I have not written that it is overpowered if you play pvp. apart from the thing with the skills to use.
radar is great. It has a great range of 450 when you move lol. I think even the other two things should be changed,

edit:
I expect proper answer. You tell me here that I think invisibility overpowered just because i cant play with invis. you tell me that invis cost 3k and a radar 1k.
i know, how i can counter player with invis. I wanted to know what you think. is it ok to capture cps invisible?
what do you think of the towers to reveal the hidden units?Is that ok, that players can use skills when they are invis? What you wrote was ..

keine ahnung warum du da so ein text hingehauen hast.

You can't ask the question if capturing cps invisible is okay, because it's not possible - capturing a cp takes 10 seconds at least for one player, and smoke doesn't last that long.

But still, disregarding that, I've the same oppinion as Exodus just posted.

So, I also think that invis shouldn't be nerved anymore, and about towers - basetowers already do that, and that's plenty imho.
Maybe radar range could at least be extended - just now i played a game where curryking1 (was in my team) used longrange (energy torpedoes) with invis, and more or less nobody could do anything about it, as radar range is only 1000

That's something I'd agree on - e.g. make radar range 1500 or even 2000.
i like it the way it is atmSmile
Its a bit IMBA (i used it, and also palyed often against it)...

The problem is, if you use longrange with it... no really AoE skill will catch you, except maybe and hard to hit - the Hunter Main Gun.

I really like to see a radar with 1300 range.

For short range smoke its ok and seems not imba. the problem is really only if you use it with range in a combination.
why would anybody buy smoke if radar had 1,3k range?
sound stupid to me
(2011-06-15, 09:44:14)stibi- Wrote: why would anybody buy smoke if radar had 1,3k range?
sound stupid to me

i bought radar against curry and his long range+smoke.... i had no chance.. i sold it after 2 death...

so why should i buy radar against a smoke+long range if its useless????
Teleport next to him.
???
Profit

Seriously, if you have a teleporter (like you should against long range from mid game on anyway) the radar has enough range.
Or buy detectors, the easiest and cheapest way to counter smoke. 300 gold = 3 detectors. 1 kill of a guy with smoke (he also must have tank + some weapons) is more than 300 gold. detectors stays for a long time and since usually smoke players don't have a lot of hp.

when u are on your cp and smoke guy tries to take it u can just fast buy detector and plant it there. u can secure 3 cps for 300 gold. rly that hard?
the best counter of smoke ist smoke^^
and you just have to farm 1.5k gold to get it's costs back.

i did it vs btnoob. (y.. hes the pro longrange gamer who's taking the smoke nearly all times...)
it works fine and i additionally set detecs at all cps.

ergo: my advantage was sigthly higher than his, cause he and the whole team didnt care and bought not a single detec^^
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator