Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change factories
Hey there,

I've been conquering with facs for 3 or 4 years now, and it wins every game, that is, if the other team doesn't have 3 titans more or my team has only 2 or 3 active players - but that's something you can't do anything about.

And that is precisely why I'd like to have the way factories work remade - at the moment they are just way overpowered ( them not being used that much is due to personal greediness of most players fearing to loose out on gold compared to their teammates )

The thing I'd propose:

Don't make it possible to port to facs instantly - instead, add a delay, like 10 seconds, till anyone can port to fac.

How about it?
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
I'm not fully conviced by your argument. Granted, when a factory is placed and the whole team can port it is very strong. Nevertheless it is also expensive and can be seen in advance and thus can probably be dealt with before it gets placed. I'd like to see its use more frequently in clangames to get a better grasp of the balance/imbalance of factory conquering. (In public games quite often noone will notice the factory until it is too late.)
(2011-08-23, 14:23:37)Prog Wrote: I'm not fully conviced by your argument. Granted, when a factory is placed and the whole team can port it is very strong. Nevertheless it is also expensive and can be seen in advance and thus can probably be dealt with before it gets placed. I'd like to see its use more frequently in clangames to get a better grasp of the balance/imbalance of factory conquering. (In public games quite often noone will notice the factory until it is too late.)

Try notice a factory when there's only about 10 seconds between it being bought and the other team starting to conquerWink

Think about it: Buy a fac, CP to one of your points, use porter to get to enemy point, place fac - and of course you would tell your team beforehand what you will be doing, so everyone will be ready to port.

On a beacon there is still
- the "beacon bug" - when someone of the enemy team ports near your beacon, it starts its cooldown, so none of your own team can port there anymore till cooldown is gone
- the cooldown itself, so only one person can port at a time

Also you'll have heal at the fac, and if 2 people do that, you will even have more heal than the enemy team AT THEIR OWN CP!

Maybe add in a baricade and you're done for - if there's only split of a second between your teammates porting, then everyone will get killed in that split of a second by 5 of the enemy team already waiting their with at least the same heal and most probably more attack rate due to barricade, not to mention that their fac is an additional target so your firepower is split to one target more (not counting the mentioned barricade).

Thing is, you can even do this when there are titans already, and then the cost of 2.5k in the worst case is not much. Most of the time it will only be about 1.8-2k, because the factory won't die as fast as you will.

And yes, most people in public games don't even know of that possibility - but that doesn't make it less imbalanced. That's just like saying tech mech isn't imbalanced, because most people can't handle it (I can't either) - you always have to think about the case when someone actually is able to handle it which should of course give him/her an advantage, but not so much that it get's nearly impossible to cope with.

About clan games:
When BTNK was still there and we did the bt tournament we won 2 games just because of this. It's so ridiculously easy if you got enough teamplay.
Only way this tac fails is when the team lacks teamplay so much that no one ports to your fac. And that's certainly not a sound argument for it being balanced anyhowWink

Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
(2011-08-23, 21:56:34)griffin1987 Wrote: And yes, most people in public games don't even know of that possibility - but that doesn't make it less imbalanced. That's just like saying tech mech isn't imbalanced, because most people can't handle it (I can't either) - you always have to think about the case when someone actually is able to handle it which should of course give him/her an advantage, but not so much that it get's nearly impossible to cope with.

The point is: because people don't use it regularly it is underexplored and thus the balance situation is probably underdetermined.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  remove leaver penalty & giveup / change kick back griffin1987 21 18,568 2014-01-24, 12:20:12
Last Post: Exodus
  remove giveup, change kicking griffin1987 9 9,271 2013-08-21, 16:22:24
Last Post: gozo1985
  Weapon Mode Change UnifiedDoom 7 9,001 2013-01-07, 10:46:27
Last Post: 091846
  Change Tech Mech healing skill Tez.Sick 42 31,284 2011-10-04, 23:27:25
Last Post: griffin1987
  Slight Topography Change xplodingtinkftw 16 6,778 2010-04-02, 03:11:39
Last Post: jonjon