Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thunder Tank
How about modifying the elcetrical storm to energize the Thunder Tank and other friendly units within the storm? (Including friendly creeps). This would replenish hp's and mana. Maybe 50% of the damage per sec it does to enemies. And have it do 50% mana drain to enemies. Another feature would be to damage invisible units, within the storm, so they become visible. (Excluding mines, tp breakers, etc.).
I think the thunder tank is already imba enough. It has 1.5 sec stun ability, superb creeper aura and the storm is psychological anti push for players which hesitates to enter the storm to receive minor damage.

Also the storm also prevent enemy tanks from healing properly on CPs.

Also many players chooses thunder tank because its a great tank. Maybe a bit too strong?
definetly not to strong (imo).

we just discuss(internal) already about to reduce (at least) the casting-time of the storm.
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
(2012-03-05, 16:36:59)LIoOoOoIL Wrote: definetly not to strong (imo).

we just discuss(internal) already about to reduce (at least) the casting-time of the storm.

1 Vote for reducing casting time. Biggest problem at the moment with the casting time is that you can't cancel it (afaik ?) and thus get to be an easy target during that time.
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
(2012-03-05, 17:04:18)griffin1987 Wrote:
(2012-03-05, 16:36:59)LIoOoOoIL Wrote: definetly not to strong (imo).

1 Vote for reducing casting time. Biggest problem at the moment with the casting time is that you can't cancel it (afaik ?) and thus get to be an easy target during that time.

You can cancel it pretty simple, by pressing the stop hotkey. It's just not working by rightclicking.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
(2012-03-05, 17:12:55)Exodus Wrote: You can cancel it pretty simple, by pressing the stop hotkey. It's just not working by rightclicking.

Ah, good to know, thought I've tried that before, but as it seems, I haven'tWink

Thx!

Thunder is definetaly an offensive tank. Changing skill it's skill to heal type would be fail. Also i don't see any need for that since we already have tree.
Thunder is weak tank actually, but great to swap to to demon for example at around 40min. Built properly gives u speedpack, mana, poison 2-3 small weapons and gold hull to rebuy for 2,5k in 40th minute. But playing it till late game is a fail imo, unless there's a lot of other tier 2 tanks on map till late game.

I'd love to see thunder remade - same skills, proportionally buffed to cost of a tank let's say 10-12k.
I would rather say that his ultimate is crappy. Maybe make his ultimate remove 10 mana at each target it touches? :p (10 mana seems nothing but is a lot vs people with repair kit, telep and stuff)
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Thanks for the feedback guys. Progg, I was NEVER suggesting it be replaced as a "healing tank", rather just add a healing ability to the damage the storm already does. As a "Thunder Tank", it just seems only natural an electrical storm would energize it. Maybe just have it energize the Thunder tank only and not allies. And/or have the rate of fire of the weapons increase by a percentage while the Thunder Tank is within the electrical storm. Lower casting cost will definitely be nice too. I also like Proggs idea to buff it up. A BIG electrical based tank would be nice to have for later game play.
(2012-03-13, 07:23:12)The.Troll Wrote: Thanks for the feedback guys. Progg, I was NEVER suggesting it be replaced as a "healing tank", rather just add a healing ability to the damage the storm already does. As a "Thunder Tank", it just seems only natural an electrical storm would energize it. Maybe just have it energize the Thunder tank only and not allies. And/or have the rate of fire of the weapons increase by a percentage while the Thunder Tank is within the electrical storm. Lower casting cost will definitely be nice too. I also like Proggs idea to buff it up. A BIG electrical based tank would be nice to have for later game play.

Make it an airtank which costs 25k, nerf skyforts stun a bit, and we'll maybe finally have an alternative to titan wars ...

Edit: Btw. I think it would be rather cool if tanks could counter each other in a circular manner, so you would be able to kill a titan with a tinker, because then buying tanks would never stop (could just increase cost of each tier 1 tanks by 25k after first titan is bought and make them stronger for example;) )
Yeah. Titans wars are broing. 25k gold tank with 250 speed (!) big delay stun skill and actually boring gameplay. i bet most of people doesn't have fun playing this tank (excepet the fact of playing biggest tank).
Some ultimate 25-30k gold flying tank would be GREAT alternative. And also i don't see the need of nerfing fort wich is reather hard tank to play. Most of new people can't use even 1 of it's active skills properly.
(2012-03-13, 15:58:32)progg Wrote: And also i don't see the need of nerfing fort wich is reather hard tank to play. Most of new people can't use even 1 of it's active skills properly.

In that respect fort is like double mech tactic - if you can't use it, it's pretty weak. But if you know how to use it, it's very strong (fort vs titan -> fort wins almost all the time if it's a 1vs1 battle, while costing 9k less, and that goes up to about 3vs3).

Have to agree with you on the other part, that one of the rather boring part about titans is that they are a) huge and b) slow. Much more fun to have those tier 1 battles or even tier 2 porter battles, because on titan level almost every fight boils down to one of 2 options:
1) jump in first, stun all/enough, and hopefully your team mates time it right so you kill the enemy tank(s)
2) wait for enemy to jump, survive their attack (mb with ulti), and then kill them

There's not much of these small scale battles anymore you have at start, where you have to be very careful to hold those extra 90 range your light plasma has over his basic cannon, and to time your attack right so your rockets stun him right after his energy torpedo shoots etc. Might really be nice to have a faster endgame tank (and also smaller respawn times - I mean, comon - the game is over if you die with a respawn time of nearly 60 seconds)

i disagree fort wins 90% battles vs titan in 1v1.
only if fort has cell, and titan player dunno what to do with his tank;)
bsides btanks isn't 1v1 game. in even game when one teams suddenly gets titan it stops to be even. range multistun and ulti makes huge difference.
Titan > Fort if Titan uses NET as first strike, so he can use 5000 Dmg ground attack, then stun, followed by ult, if necessary, before the grab move can be applied.

I agree the long casting time for storm on Thunder doesn't make sense and should be reduced.

- Rob
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  crazywolf777 Tank Ideas crazywolf777 2 3,434 2014-01-24, 11:04:12
Last Post: crazywolf777
  it is time for us to get a radar van / tank 091846 2 3,490 2013-07-11, 17:15:29
Last Post: 091846
  Exploder tank Max 7 7,106 2013-04-29, 02:26:29
Last Post: gozo1985
  New Tank: Siege Tank TKF 1 4,389 2013-02-27, 08:08:35
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Buff Goblin Tank UnifiedDoom 19 15,057 2012-07-16, 15:06:23
Last Post: Teo_live