Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Item
Would it be possible to make an item on level with burst and deflective but with the same ability as the item linkens sphere from dota? Would prevent against this sky fort monopol lategame and early camping gobo, heavy, demon with ports

for those who doesn't know linken's sphere it's an item that blocks a targeting spell and has a cooldown after blocking a spell (for example it could be 60 sec).
please write your opinions and or suggestions about this item
so you can block any spell?
i dont like the idea & can't think of fair costs for the linkens sphere srySmile
It can be interesting but for a fair cost, also i think only the dmg should be blocked not the stun or any other ability.
(2012-09-01, 10:22:16)Alexandro Wrote: i think only the dmg should be blocked not the stun or any other ability.

And that's exactly what upgraded burst armor does.
The new negator pack helps agains most spells, if you are reacting fast enough.
would it be possible to remake burst a bit?
There's a huge difference between upped deflective, where no cd is rly imba, and upped burst.
I mean how much dmg can 1 projectile or skill have? Not that much. Especially that before u get hit by skill in many situation u already got hit by waepon and burst is cd'ing.
Maybe make it block all dmg during 0.5s every X seconds. Than it may be comparable with deflective.
I'd rather nerf upped deflective first.
(2012-09-01, 15:07:58)progg Wrote: Especially that before u get hit by skill in many situation u already got hit by waepon and burst is cd'ing.

There are not that many weapons which do over 500 damage (trigger of upped burst) in a single projectile! Look it up!
No ssl, upgraded burst armor blocks everything. I mean it blocks dmg from weapons also, not only spells and i think it would be nice to make a new item blocking only SPELLS, not weapon dmg.
(2012-09-02, 13:08:02)Alexandro Wrote: No ssl, upgraded burst armor blocks everything. I mean it blocks dmg from weapons also

That's what I wrote. Reread my postWink I'm telling you that there are very few weapons actually able to trigger the upped burst armor because it only triggers when hit with over 500 damage, which is true for most skills but fewest weapons.
(2012-09-01, 09:25:38)stibi- Wrote: so you can block any spell?
i dont like the idea & can't think of fair costs for the linkens sphere srySmile

Furthermore you wrote

That's what I wrote. Reread my post I'm telling you that there are very few weapons actually able to trigger the upped burst armor because it only triggers when hit with over 500 damage, which is true for most skills but fewest weapons.

for the first comment, it can't block any spell no, only targeting spells where you pick a target like stuns. Furthermore the item should ofcause have a cooldown dependable on the price (if it is made) I would suggest a cooldown similar to porter or kits

For the second comment, yes upg'ed burst armor blocks every damage when the damage is greater than 500, but as you know weapons can stack aswell due to same cooldown (molotov and basic magic has for example both 1 sec) and therefore weapons can fast add up in more than 500 dmg which proves alexandro's post

(2012-09-01, 14:29:18)Prog Wrote: The new negator pack helps agains most spells, if you are reacting fast enough.

You might be right about that, but no one can react quickly enough if the enemy is decent enough.
If we take an example game time: 45 min, you are in middle and have just killed 1 guy and survive with 1000 hp suddenly a teleporting thunder comes from top and stun + ulti you = dead (even with "the new negator pack") because there's no way you could react fast enough and use your own teleport to escape. With an item with the ability to block 1 targetting spell you will gain maybe 0.5 sec if lucky and with fast reactions you can avoid the thunder before he uses ultimate at you.
Besides I see way too many people buying skyfortress and then playing it like (excuse me) donks. Due to skyfortresses what i would say overpowered skills according to it's price and armor requirements, many people buy it and play it and play it according to this only: teleport - ulti - bombs - and then turbo boost to escape if others come. I guess what im trying to say is that sky fortress so far is too easy to play because it's literally impossible to dodge the ulti if the enemy is semiskilled. Sky fort has much more potential than this but is only used in this way because the ultimate simply is too good as it is for the time.
Another alternative to this problem could aswell be to nerf the Sky fortress so the ultimate has a casttime (could be 1-2 second to "lock" at the enemy) because so far there is not much to counter sky fortresses ultimate ("the new nagtor pack" doesn't help against this)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Backpack item? gozo1985 4 4,791 2014-01-12, 02:52:21
Last Post: BtankNoob
  New item idea: Titanium Hull psycodiver 8 7,030 2014-01-12, 02:49:37
Last Post: BtankNoob
  Item Buy Hotkeys Exodus 8 8,629 2012-11-30, 12:58:40
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Teleport Breaker as Inventory Item griffin1987 10 8,239 2011-09-09, 22:14:56
Last Post: progg
  Found a cool bug once i think its a great idea for a skill or item tained 0 1,770 2011-09-08, 18:04:02
Last Post: tained