Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catapult should be able to target air with artillery.
I've played with scron before, he thinks heavy tank is bad and calls bombarding rockets btow rockets.
Going long range in mid takes no skill, so stop telling yourselves otherwise.
Saiyuki Wrote:i thought we talked about a skill? how do you want to realise a skill, which can be changed the way you described it?
You know what? Forget I even said that. I want it to be coded to hit all units that can be highlighted by the circle and that's it.

It seems like you can't think of how to implement switching a catapult to hit air OR ground which is what you were complaining about, the idea of a catapult shot hitting both at the same time. It seems like you're just being difficult for the sake of being difficult. I refuse to discusss this idea with you, Saiyuki, anymore. Talking to you is a complete waste of my time because you don't seem to want to make any progress but rather halt it and by the nth post it really has shown.

I'm not stupid and I know what you're doing. You're just trying to piss me off and then turn around and call me out for using foul language or something along those lines. Either that or pull some "code it yourself" line.
there are some ways of implementing a switch, but surely nobody would want it to be a message typed in the chat. as for other dummy skills, we have not enough space on the units to set an additional one. did you want it to be simply pressing esc? neither of those would have found their way into the map, because it would still needs some time to change it.

i'm not trying to piss you off, i just want you to complete your thoughts before posting an idea, which leads to a prorblem that you could have easily figured out yourself.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Topic idea:

Demo weaker than Heli -> Make his catapult hit air.

My idea:
Demo perfectly fine if not better than heli -> no change.

Why talking about reality, difficulty to implement if we think demo don't need change?
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
i think implementing it would need only a few klicks ( maby implement it in the new beta)
@lezowski this post does not match nowhere and is only insulting the way you say it
and who cares in the game if it is realistic or not. i think he said it at the beginning because he needed some arguments because otherwise you would have just closed this topic
and to all (andibert not included) who try to argue against it: you are just having fun with scorn2 because your answers have only the content: just we have the force to change sth and plz stfu
so if you donĀ“t want to close this topic just tell us under what conditions you would make this
Really not trying to annoy me?

[move][stop][attack][?]
[patrol][EMPTY_SLOT][cp tp][+]
[catapult shot][shockwave][mines][ultimate]

Sure you can mention using a text based way to change it, but that's rather... if there clearly is an empty slot in the menu for something.
scron2 Wrote:[move][stop][attack][?]
heck... shame on me... >.>
yes, sry my fault, there clearly is a free slot. but it would still need to replace the ground only skill with the air skill on the respective level.
i will ask pala what he thinks about it.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
lol posts are wayy 2 long im too lazy to read them all...

Scorn's idea: why cant rock catapults hit air untis?
My idea: why can MINES hit air untis ???!!
If rock catapult can also hit air it would be wayy too imba..
Saiyuki Wrote:
scron2 Wrote:[move][stop][attack][?]
heck... shame on me... >.>
yes, sry my fault, there clearly is a free slot. but it would still need to replace the ground only skill with the air skill on the respective level.
i will ask pala what he thinks about it.

You forgot the tank cannon which takes that place when skilled
can someone just kill me off once... >.<
it seems like my exams are draining all facts of bt out of my head...
so i had it right from the beginning... huh? xD
scron2 if you havent figured it out yet they just arbitrarily chose what can and cant hit air units. it has nothing to do with logic

mines hit air units
shockwave hits air units
antigravity tank plasma shot hits air units
light tanks rocket spray hits air units
hunter tank main cannon hits air units
demon tank ult hits air (which is conveniently a lesser version of titans e skill which doesnt hit air)
sky fortress's carpet bombs somehow hit air units
titans q stun hits air units...

anyways theres no real logic here just random skills were decided to hit air and some were not, i wouldnt bother arguing
newbcake3 Wrote:scron2 if you havent figured it out yet they just arbitrarily chose what can and cant hit air units. it has nothing to do with logic

mines hit air units
shockwave hits air units
antigravity tank plasma shot hits air units
light tanks rocket spray hits air units
hunter tank main cannon hits air units
demon tank ult hits air (which is conveniently a lesser version of titans e skill which doesnt hit air)
sky fortress's carpet bombs somehow hit air units
titans q stun hits air units...

anyways theres no real logic here just random skills were decided to hit air and some were not, i wouldnt bother arguing

Infernal chaos teleport and the shockwave thing
goblin tank ult shockwave thing
hunter gravity grenade (how does it pull an air tank side wayss?!!)
lol i just like to pick out things that u miss ^^
@newbcake3 + @lyf590
we're already done here with the thoughts about how logic/realistic the change would be.

now, we're simply discussing if a switch should be implemented to change the skill or if the skill itself should deal damage to air, too.
for both, i would say no.
Saiyuki Wrote:for both, i would say no.

+1
No.
oh hell no.
Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.
poll here: http://btanks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3068

Saiyuki Wrote:now, we're simply discussing if a switch should be implemented to change the skill or if the skill itself should deal damage to air, too.
for both, i would say no.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demolisher artillery shot vs Air? - POLL GooglyBoogly 1 2,089 2010-02-04, 07:57:49
Last Post: GooglyBoogly
  Artillery control item? TKF 20 14,565 2009-05-24, 01:36:29
Last Post: Exodus
  Some Additional Itemslots in Artillery Factory ? Gammagulp 2 2,414 2009-03-18, 23:52:39
Last Post: Morkardar
  Change Artillery Factory Model koshen 5 4,711 2009-03-18, 19:59:27
Last Post: Tom-Ace