Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add Re-balance
In the custom map (AOS type) known as HOSK, whenever someone leaves the game, it reminds players that you can re-balance the game by swapping players (by typing "-rebalance").

It's almost guaranteed in a btanks game that at least one person will leave/be kicked from the game. Adding a re-balance function would be helpful, as often players choose to kick their worst teammate(s) to make it even. Rather, with the function you could trade players to make teams even again.

If implemented, it would work like this:

Player A uses the noob exit and this message appears: "Player A has left the game. Use -rebalance # # if teams are uneven."
Then Player B could type in the command: "-rebalance 5 4"

This would prompt a vote poll much similar to when you vote kick, and players could vote on whether to approve or deny the re-balance. If successful, Players C and D would be swapped.

Unlike vote kicking, you can only re-balance once every two minutes.

The only visible problem with this is that people might "steal" players.
i would say just type -rebalance

and let people vote -yes or -no

if over 50% = yes

then RANDOM players get shifted to the other team

yes RANDOM otherwise people will always pick the worst team mate for the other team, and it will be totally pointless to have this "-rebalance" option.

so at least with RANDOM, you get a 50%-50% change to get a good player over to the other side.

now this will most likely piss whomever was doing good on the other side, or because "but he's my friend..." well too bad this is a public game.

on private or clan vs clan games, you will never have the NOOB player problem, as most are already familiar to the game, and most likely with mic and headsets on TeamSpeak or whateverWink
i think this suggestions was asked some time ago and the reason against it was, that the code of the map has to be rewritten almost completly because of the varibles
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
It's actually a *big* problem since there are more than a hand full of parts of the whole code refer to the initial Player IDs and especially their team. By changing the team, the player may mess upo the whole inner code, involving for example income or even spells and abilities.
The problem is, that we do not exactly know each place where the original ID is used, so we cannot clear everything up instantly. The addition of the rebalance option would need at least one month of work for the mappers and at least another month of beta testing (testing ALL aspects of the game), and that is time which we - currently - simply do not have.

However, i guess when the league is done, the *new* tank balanced, and one or two other important but not yet released changes are implented, we can give it a try.
If i have to, i'd say that will be around 4-5 versions later (counted from now on). I totally see the need for it, true, but the basic structure of the map is not made for it.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
a rebalance command isn't all that important.

If the game is severely unbalanced and you are truly screwed, we have a -giveup command to end the game quickly.

I would prefer an emphasis on balance and bugfixes over the effort required to implement playerswapping.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
i agree

we should advertize the -giveup command more often, and make it to require 50% vote for it to work, instead of majority vote in the same team

so if it's a team of 2 players left (very often) either one can just -giveup and end the losing game, instead of dragging it for 60+ minute to defend a base that is already lost.....

you know, mines every where, rebuilding towers, and factories... it is just delaying the inevitable.

also good for cases when you have a stupid A-hole bombing the base. so in a team of 4, if 2 votes for -giveup, then you can quickly end the game, and start a new round without the A-hole in it.
Paladon Wrote:It's actually a *big* problem since there are more than a hand full of parts of the whole code refer to the initial Player IDs and especially their team. By changing the team, the player may mess upo the whole inner code, involving for example income or even spells and abilities.
The problem is, that we do not exactly know each place where the original ID is used, so we cannot clear everything up instantly. The addition of the rebalance option would need at least one month of work for the mappers and at least another month of beta testing (testing ALL aspects of the game), and that is time which we - currently - simply do not have.

However, i guess when the league is done, the *new* tank balanced, and one or two other important but not yet released changes are implented, we can give it a try.
If i have to, i'd say that will be around 4-5 versions later (counted from now on). I totally see the need for it, true, but the basic structure of the map is not made for it.

Nooooo I want more than one new tank :p
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
agree it's time to get a new tank to change the dynamics of the game a bit

or at least that reflex shield/weapon we talked about.

people are already stuck with the same boring tactics again

i think we can use a refresher on the tier1 or tier2 tanks if we are to add/replace new tanks

but adding a new hybrid shield/weapon will make things much more interesting even if we are stuck with the old tanks
The tank is in work since 8.64. In the next BT version, we'll (probably) feature another mode, a new tank and the finished league next to the usual improvement stuff. But changes like these take some time, 90% are surely done. But here's not the right place to talk about that stuff, we'll release detailed infos as soon as we got more information about the new tank's model.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Balance the weapon formular RaptorXI 7 8,450 2015-02-24, 17:56:02
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Further balance suggestions RaptorXI 9 7,882 2013-08-14, 01:59:20
Last Post: Exodus
  Mortal team balance daminator3 11 9,303 2012-12-01, 19:18:59
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
  ELO calculating in team balance progg 49 33,781 2012-04-26, 21:13:45
Last Post: RaptorXI