Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your thoughts about the Architect
Well the Architect is a special tank which is a teamwork tank which provides good support for your team. It has unique skills which makes it very adept against many targets and it can increase it's dps and teamplayers dps for a short time, which makes it unique. Also it's ability to use portal allows your teammates gate to the battlefield and if used properly it saves CP teleport gold.

However its less fit as direct combat tank, as result of weak direct damage abilities its often very weak against enemy teamwork. Portal can be easily destroyed and Freezing missile does low damage and it's effects is to much scaled imo. Using Pacifista is difficult and giving it items for it to use is difficult, if it dies you doesn't get your items back until you resummon him. Giving him a porter might surprise your enemies and can be useful, but I find it quite difficult to use.

Architect is a hero which requires good skills to use and it's not easy to master for unskilled players.

Freezing Missile
Weapon Module
Portal
Pacifista
Splash Cannon

Other related topics:
Architect and Shredder Feedback [Beta forum]
Architect tactics [Strategy forum]

What is your thoughts and experience with this hero? Is it quite good hero? Is it often on the losers team? Is it boring to use? To difficult? To imba? Give us feedback and give us different angles on this tank and the BT Mappers will consider your feedback and maybe tweak this hero in future version.
Pacifista has no mana and then cannot use teleport. Would make it much more useful T_T

The freezing missile is lame (low damage, slow to reach and not stun; even 0.01 sec stun would be useful)

The portal die too fast and enemies can use it

Actually the architect has no real skill to face a duel; this tank contribute to teamplay but not decisively. At least give him a stun. Normally, only air tank don't have stun.

Splash canon sucks so much comparing to thunder tank skill.

The only imba part is the pacifista; 2-3 architects can just send their pacifista (or keep them in abse and send them to def only) together in cp to eliminate enemies
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
seen it a few times after the current version was released
if the architect was in the winning team he was carried by the team but i haven't had the feeling that he supported the team

havent seen architect since then
if u use the splash cannon, to fight other tanks... u can forgett to tleport out because u are missing mana like hell even with 10batteries....
(2011-04-25, 20:36:15)Althend Wrote: Pacifista has no mana and then cannot use teleport. Would make it much more useful T_T

You have a good point. I think it should get 60 mana so it can use useful items and make it much more tactical weapon.
I think the architect is just not played well right now. The tank can be very very mobile and strong in 1v1 combats. Portal has so much potential, it just needs a couple of good players playing around with it to find playstyles suited for the skillset.
(2011-04-28, 16:32:07)Prog Wrote: I think the architect is just not played well right now. The tank can be very very mobile and strong in 1v1 combats. Portal has so much potential, it just needs a couple of good players playing around with it to find playstyles suited for the skillset.

Yeah, but giving the Pacifista little mana would make it more interesting and tactical, as giving him a porter makes but a potencial mobile terrorist and it can use weapons. However it must always stick close to the Architect which limits him a bit. It's very slow and it's easy to dodge it and it isn't so difficult to kill it.

Seems like few uses this hero, so the feedback is quite low. Try to use him and tell ur experiences of using him.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts about the Community and the Game cpu 3 6,425 2015-08-12, 22:26:06
Last Post: RaptorXI
  architect is too annoying, needs changes Teo_live 10 10,751 2012-06-23, 16:17:11
Last Post: Exodus
  Architect UnifiedDoom 16 14,395 2011-06-26, 14:33:48
Last Post: RaptorXI