Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Architect
Simply put, this tank is underpowered and almost entirely useless when compared to other similar cost tanks. In one game I asked another player "Why would you go architect over say heavy tank or something" and his response was "No sane person would" which I largely agree with. It's skills are cool, but way to weird and most are hard to use effectively (Pacifista and Portal). Cannon module seems rather underpowered for a 6500 gold tank and is only marginally more powerful tank cannon (a possible skill on all tanks). The frost nuke is ok but its damage is underwhelming and unlike the other tier 2 tanks it has no other damaging skill to combo with it (Pacifista once again being hard to use). Portal is easily replaced by tp and doesn't even allow you to move much faster than turbo speed anyway. What I believe is this tank does not occupy a "niche", or purpose, in the game. Thunder has 2 nukes and 2 farming abilities. Heavy has mortars and a massively powerful skill combo. Goblin has a anti-ground close range skill combo. Earth has anti-ground aoe and can take hits very well. Airship has mobility along with excellent nuking and farming abilities. Gaurd can heal and aoe stun (portal dies before it saves lives). Ghost can use troops to absorb damage. One could argue that it can clear out cps with a pacifistica suicide, but hunter is so much better at dealing with campers. I've never seen this tank used seriously in all of the league games I've played expect once or twice in the few days directly after it was released. In short because of this architect's presense in the game is entirely pointless and unnesscary and only serves as a goof-off tank like exploder. Not to say I would support it being removed, but rather reworked.

-To elaborate on my criticism with portal is that if it's close to the battle it will die and if it's far from the battle then nobody will be able to run into it and save themselves from dying.
(2011-06-23, 05:40:38)UnifiedDoom Wrote: Simply put, this tank is underpowered and almost entirely useless when compared to other similar cost tanks. In one game I asked another player "Why would you go architect over say heavy tank or something" and his response was "No sane person would" which I largely agree with. It's skills are cool, but way to weird and most are hard to use effectively (Pacifista and Portal). Cannon module seems rather underpowered for a 6500 gold tank and is only marginally more powerful tank cannon (a possible skill on all tanks). The frost nuke is ok but its damage is underwhelming and unlike the other tier 2 tanks it has no other damaging skill to combo with it (Pacifista once again being hard to use). Portal is easily replaced by tp and doesn't even allow you to move much faster than turbo speed anyway. What I believe is this tank does not occupy a "niche", or purpose, in the game. Thunder has 2 nukes and 2 farming abilities. Heavy has mortars and a massively powerful skill combo. Goblin has a anti-ground close range skill combo. Earth has anti-ground aoe and can take hits very well. Airship has mobility along with excellent nuking and farming abilities. Gaurd can heal and aoe stun (portal dies before it saves lives). Ghost can use troops to absord damage. One could argue that it can clear out cps with a pacifistica suicide, but hunter is so much better at dealing with campers. I've never seen this tank used seriously in all of the league games I've played expect once or twice in the few days directly after it was released. In short because of this architect's presense in the game is entirely pointless and unnesscary and only serves as a goof-off tank like exploder. Not to say I would support it being removed, but rather reworked.

-To elaborate on my criticism with portal is that if it's close to the battle it will die and if it's far from the battle then nobody will be able to run into it and save themselves from dying.

Architect is tank with THE best active abilities in my opinion.
I (we) do agree that the tank is underpowered and most probably there will be buffs coming soon.

Also: There is a way to play architect super annoyingly. If you have a teleporter you set one portal end somewhere save (main base/cp), then you can use teleporter to go for an opponent's cp/snipe an hurt tank going back to his cp and use the portal to escape. So you basically play with 2 teleporters, one of those with infinite range but just useable to escape. You get short range weapons and play a bit like a goblin tank, but always with the portal to retreat safely.
Unfortunately I often encountered teammates who were unable to interpret the move correctly, so they thought I'll really want to capture the cp and want them to join me by using the portal -> I escape and they die. ~~
(2011-06-23, 12:04:12)Prog Wrote: I (we) do agree that the tank is underpowered and most probably there will be buffs coming soon.

Also: There is a way to play architect super annoyingly. If you have a teleporter you set one portal end somewhere save (main base/cp), then you can use teleporter to go for an opponent's cp/snipe an hurt tank going back to his cp and use the portal to escape. So you basically play with 2 teleporters, one of those with infinite range but just useable to escape. You get short range weapons and play a bit like a goblin tank, but always with the portal to retreat safely.
Unfortunately I often encountered teammates who were unable to interpret the move correctly, so they thought I'll really want to capture the cp and want them to join me by using the portal -> I escape and they die. ~~

still got the replay?Smile
No, but I'll see if I can play a game like that in the next days.
(2011-06-23, 11:58:39)RaptorXI Wrote: Architect is tank with THE best active abilities in my opinion.

Please elaborate, just stating they're good without any reason isn't stating anything at all.

(2011-06-23, 16:41:14)UnifiedDoom Wrote:
(2011-06-23, 11:58:39)RaptorXI Wrote: Architect is tank with THE best active abilities in my opinion.

Please elaborate, just stating they're good without any reason isn't stating anything at all.

Archtitect is THE supporter tank, because he is the only one without any passive abilities.
(2011-06-23, 18:03:42)RaptorXI Wrote: Archtitect is THE supporter tank, because he is the only one without any passive abilities.

Tell me how his supporting is of any use. I already explained that portal is useless in my original post and nobody bothered to tell me I was wrong and why. Cannon module is basically a passive skill that costs mana to use every now and then anyway. How is adding another weapon more useful to supporting than healing 30% max hp (Gaurd)? Frost missle is a nuke, not a supporting skill, otherwise heavy, thunder, and demon would be the best supporters in the game.

(2011-06-23, 19:11:26)UnifiedDoom Wrote:
(2011-06-23, 18:03:42)RaptorXI Wrote: Archtitect is THE supporter tank, because he is the only one without any passive abilities.

Tell me how his supporting is of any use. I already explained that portal is useless in my original post and nobody bothered to tell me I was wrong and why. Cannon module is basically a passive skill that costs mana to use every now and then anyway. How is adding another weapon more useful to supporting than healing 30% max hp (Gaurd)? Frost missle is a nuke, not a supporting skill, otherwise heavy, thunder, and demon would be the best supporters in the game.

Very most games are started 1-3-1 for each side.
RaptorXI you sir are not answering his question.
Free tinker & free oil for airships!
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
Here the replay from this league game.

Obviously not done perfectly, but you will get the idea.

Attached Files
.w3g   Architect.w3g (Size: 2.25 MB / Downloads: 214)
(2011-06-23, 21:46:12)Prog Wrote: Here the replay from this league game.

Obviously not done perfectly, but you will get the idea.

thanks a lotSmile
Theory confirmed with a replay of a game on BuG public bot.

Attached Files
.w3g   Replay_2011_05_29_1602.w3g (Size: 1,020.07 KB / Downloads: 198)
(2011-06-25, 09:16:18)RaptorXI Wrote: Theory confirmed with a replay of a game on BuG public bot.

lold
- this is a qualify game (i'll confirm ANYTHING on a qualify bot)
- you switched to architect once you had all the cps

--> your replay got nothing in common with Prog's tactic nor his replay
(2011-06-26, 10:17:53)stibi- Wrote: - this is a qualify game (i'll confirm ANYTHING on a qualify bot)
Not, it was not. Game was played on the bot which hosts BTanks by BuG ALL Modes #abcde

(2011-06-26, 10:17:53)stibi- Wrote: - you switched to architect once you had all the cps

I supported. Wink
basically the same - no restrictions - anybody could join the bot

the point was to play the architect - not switch to architect once the game is over
(2011-06-26, 13:01:07)stibi- Wrote: basically the same - no restrictions - anybody could join the bot

the point was to play the architect - not switch to architect once the game is over

I just confirmed in a public game what Prog showed already. Playing with named players or with "no-names" doesn't give me a boner (since every person is free to create multiple accounts).Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  architect is too annoying, needs changes Teo_live 10 10,751 2012-06-23, 16:17:11
Last Post: Exodus
  Your thoughts about the Architect TKF 6 6,652 2011-05-01, 22:48:48
Last Post: TKF