Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerf raider
hi just like to say...i still think raider is abit to strong for the cost you pay i think the concept of the tank is awesome but for the cost you pay and its early and still middle game advantages are clearly quite strong duno when you guys time to work on this maybe 5-10 % in cd of spells,or maybe 100 hp less for starting just some of my own thoughts
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
I think the main problem with raider is that is has three skills which are scaling with game progression. All skills but tank cannon which almost every tank has and static charge [Q]. That makes it both viable till end game in survival and offense.
  • Shape Memory Alloy [W] (heals recieved dmg, 20%/lvl) scales with hp and recieved dmg, both increases due more wepons and hulls and its heal is instant
  • Ricochet [E] (magic resistance 6%/lvl and returned dmg 15/lvl) - almost 1/3 less dmg, returned dmg will increase due more weapon and/or projectiles within game time
  • Hit & Run [R] Ultimate (750 + 250/lvl range, up to 1200 + 400/lvl 750 rng AoE dmg) - it's an additional port with offense capability, you can decide to retried ahead of the six seconds time limit.

And there is a huge synergy within those three skills. If u get attacked the dmg u deal will be reduced and somewhat returned by ricochet, also termination of hit&run will return ur own dmg - addition the dmg left dealt to the raider will be nullified with shape memory alloy.

BTW - balancing a complex game is a hard problem
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
imo same goes for deflective armor this should cost some more
I think there is no problem with raider any more. He is bad on side lanes against troops (ricochet so useless against troops/ghosts/[healing drones]), has no stun and his ultimate is even effected by breaker.

Also Antigrav and Medivac ultimates scale even better with game progression.
i see the only left prob in his ulti, since its to easy to escape(use the ulti skill again "R") fights bevor ur close to die. There should be a risk by using this powerfull ulti (yes, we got breakers now, but thus cant get put in the whole map around).
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
Perhaps we should simply remove the "early return" skill of the ulti and make it so it only returns at the end of the duration. This means that players will have to be more strategic with shape memory alloy in order to survive and concept of raider will be a little more cautious (unlike what is now, use ulti get low hp get out).

I would also say there should be a visible clock above raider indicating how much time there is left in the ultimate, both to raider and the enemy players.
(2012-06-22, 15:23:39)LIoOoOoIL Wrote: i see the only left prob in his ulti, since its to easy to escape(use the ulti skill again "R") fights bevor ur close to die. There should be a risk by using this powerfull ulti (yes, we got breakers now, but thus cant get put in the whole map around).

U can use stuns, breaker and netBig Grin
ehhh, the whole tank is unbalanced i think. not even nerf this 1 skill.

teleport is imba. teleporting into enemy base where ppl have low hp. teleportbreakers dont work on that skill...
i see ppl having this tank till infernal...
having two goldhulls because this tank is that much imba that they give up 2 weapon slots ..
seeing ppl healing 12k hp instantly ... wtf ?!

porting into enemy with skill, damage alot. reflect damage. get back ported. heal full in 0.1 sec and port again inside with porter ?! thats the way it works. its like fighting 2 ppl.. the only tanks can stand this are infernal and titan.. thats how it is..

for me, raider is a fail ... the team which dont have raider will lose. or which dont have skilled raider...
~=| LuVs |=~
You might want to take a look at this: http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3392

(and Teleport Breaker do work on his ulti EDIT: at least, it is supposed to :/)
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
TB dont work proper ... in the replay u will see that raider is porting several times close to the TB... sometimes he is porting right above... nothin happen ... explanation ? TB doesnt work !

Attached Files
.w3g   nerf raider.w3g (Size: 1.93 MB / Downloads: 196)
~=| LuVs |=~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjust raider and distributor griffin1987 8 5,837 2014-01-23, 10:04:06
Last Post: EarthR
  Ability 'guides' weapon shots | raider's charge ability mynth 14 12,408 2012-11-15, 03:21:16
Last Post: Wupti
  Nurf Raider Sassspect 13 8,085 2012-06-15, 03:44:40
Last Post: unpredictable_m