Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repair Robots
(2012-09-29, 02:06:25)Perfektionist Wrote: yep but the problem of the repair robots is there is a bad bug... if you got a airship or something an take your gold hull down the repair robots heals you very fast up and you can pick your hull up again and got 4000 hp instant "heal".

you dont even see the problem with the build you just mentioned do you? let me give you some numbers to change your prespective
gold hull=5k repairbots upgrated=4k while you were buying it your enemy wasnt just looking at you and doing nothing he had 9k at his disposal. if you dont have high damage weapon with that build you lost the lane/game already since you wont be able to creep or creep worse than your enemy and you will be forced to be at your cp all the time since your enemy will push you back and even if you have high damage weapon and that build your enemy has inf/sf by that time so no matter how "instant" heal you get you just got so far behind your enemy its impossible for you to win because you wasted 4k.
(2012-09-29, 02:06:25)Perfektionist Wrote: yep but the problem of the repair robots is there is a bad bug... if you got a airship or something an take your gold hull down the repair robots heals you very fast up and you can pick your hull up again and got 4000 hp instant "heal".

This "strategy" can also be done with every single type of repair kit as long as you haven't combined them into the str/power pack yet. I don't see the problem especially since the map has cps all over the place.
(2012-09-29, 17:39:31)UnifiedDoom Wrote: This "strategy" can also be done with every single type of repair kit as long as you haven't combined them into the str/power pack yet. I don't see the problem especially since the map has cps all over the place.

but str/power packs can only used by one. You have to wait 30 seconds to use them again. Repair Robots give you a permanent healthregeneration. You dont have to used them... A big avantage if you are stunned.

And thats why i think they arent useless. If they would be better, cp are useless.
another point is maintenance no one speak about here, it heal 750 in 10 sec so +75 hp/s like repair robots and only cost 50g (100g for 2), so u could get 40 times of this for 1 normal repair robots (Ofc i know u have a lit delay if used once but 10 sec still enough for a fight i think), so no one has to use repair bots in early game bc maintenance has better cost/performance ratio
i prefer to downgrade repair robots cost to 1000g and give it +50 hp/s and 2000g for upgrade, but raise hp genaration by 100hp/s so u allover got +150hp/s (like old one) for 3000g, so it will become a alternative (middleway) to burst or deflection and more guys will use it
first of all if someone plays range perfectly i mean (Perfectly or reasonably well and you can't even get one shit with basic magic on them especially with raider no stun jump or extra speed like medi

Repair robots can used to keep with enemy tanks in terms of creeping pushing etc but only when used right patience is a virtue and pulling out and letting you enemy chase you can be the key.It is true repair over time does not progress like troops or orbital however repair robots are used to make 2 of the of the most powerful end game items ultimate pack and mass converter (Mass converter can be very effective if the enemy team has long weapons such as poison.

Some gay strategies i have used in the pass which have been effective

Medivac during middle game is kinda funny especially in one vs one situations in 1vs1 situations in a 1vs1 scnerio once your enemy as used all his nukes or spell damage ulti drop hull regen hp and chase after or if they decided to run away you can reach full hp in 5 seconds tp after them if you wish.

Everyone probably seen the long range or middle range repair heli tactic so no need to be discussed but just as good.

My favorite is probably anti grav putting enemy's to sleep regen hp drop hull

I know for a fact all the tactics i have talked about have flaws and cannot be replicated to perfection every game

I think repair robot be very handy when not to get repair robots is obvious

- Do not get robots when you are at huge creeping disadvantage to the point when buying the robot will not help
-Dont get repair robot when your repair robot will not come into play for example against spell damage if you are likely to be dead or left on a small portion of health just after spell damage it is likely your repair robot will not save you especially because the enemy is likely to have enough weapon damage to kill you

One suggestion i thought of is not really making the item cheaper over all

But how about making repair cost 1000$ (This way its more affordable and used more but of course make the regen less

Then a second and third upgrade maybe $1250 then $1500 i think this is a legitimate solution i just don't know about regen you should per gold spent.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Repair robots BENNIE.FM 12 10,525 2012-10-18, 13:51:23
Last Post: Prog
  Repair item, regen item Althend 12 7,590 2009-07-08, 16:30:49
Last Post: TKF
  New: Repair orginal base. Doomhammer112 9 5,374 2009-06-22, 22:12:12
Last Post: Doomhammer112