Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catapult should be able to target air with artillery.
scron2 Wrote:This is amusing. I post an argument and then what happens? Noone has a counter argument other than let's go get people warned for using bad language. Grow up kids, if you can't debate with someone who isn't insulting someone with the F-word then you need to understand that I wasn't insulting anyone. Look at all this spam flaming my points. They address NOTHING. They have no substance so wtf?

If you want respect you need to give it. Saying "FUCK people have 0 reading comprehension," "YET MORE BULLSHIT," "I won this argument," and mocking another person’s point of view is both crude and disrespectful. Having some common courtesy isn’t an elitist rule exclusive to this forum, it’s expected everywhere… Go ahead, say it's THEIR problem and THEY need to grow up, but don't be surprised if people simply ignore what you have to say.

scron2 Wrote:This community is so elitist that once someone says they like HB, they get warned for posting topics. People blatantly pose arguments like "we can't debate with you since you use bad language" because they can't argue against my points but rather despise me for liking HB so they are motivated to just kick me off the board here. Pathetic.

I’m disappointed HB got removed before any suitable alternative was made, but I’ve never had a problem making that clear around here. If I read correctly, the people you are referring who got warned were done so other reasons (necroing old topics, flaming, etc.) – not posting their opinion on the removal of HB.

As to your argument, I would have to disagree with you here, as you have some problems here:

- Their HP is the same:
2000 HP Demolisher =/= 1900 HP Iron Hulled Helicopter (900 + 1000)
The Demolisher still has a 100 HP advantage (+ 11/HP per level).

- Their cost is the same:
1000 Gold Helicopter + 1250 Gold Iron Hull =/= 1900 Gold Demolisher
The difference is 350 Gold. Try not to use fuzzy math to make a valid argument, because these subtle differences DO matter when considering game balance.

- “The Helicopter gets a free Speed Pack”
Not true, they have to invest skill points, meaning they are trading away damage potential from their 3 active abilities (~540 – 660 Burst Damage for three points of speed) and/or their passive tank cannon (~180 DPS for three points of speed).

- “The Demolisher should be viable in the late-game.”
The Demolisher is a crappy late-game tank, but so are a lot of tanks. That’s intended, as most early tanks are meant to be transitioned out of in the mid-game. Only a couple early-game tanks are somewhat viable in the late-game. The Helicopter is not one of them, as tank bounty increases to the point where nets DO become a cost effective counter to its mobility.

- “The Demolisher will get double-stunned, chased, and get killed every time.” // “…we all know how easy they [mines] are to dodge and not die from.”
Just because you know where mines are, doesn’t mean they won’t be an inconvenience. The Demolisher can restrict the Helicopter’s mobility with mines, as he must still avoid them. It’s for this reason it’s more difficult for a helicopter to chase, double-stun, and kill a demolisher as you claim it is.

- “Mines are clearly better than artillery shot (assuming it could hit air) because it is hard to hit a faster-moving tank that can fly anywhere unobstructed.”
You’re undercutting your own argument… In your first post you insinuate that the Demolisher is inferior to the Helicopter and that Artillery Shot would balance this gap. Yet now you concede that using mines would be a suitable and better alternative against air. So why bother making this change when, as you agree, this skill against air is mere chance and guesswork?
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614

Messages In This Thread
Re: Catapult should be able to target air with artillery. - by IlPalazzo - 2010-01-14, 04:27:02

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demolisher artillery shot vs Air? - POLL GooglyBoogly 1 2,092 2010-02-04, 07:57:49
Last Post: GooglyBoogly
  Artillery control item? TKF 20 14,583 2009-05-24, 01:36:29
Last Post: Exodus
  Some Additional Itemslots in Artillery Factory ? Gammagulp 2 2,414 2009-03-18, 23:52:39
Last Post: Morkardar
  Change Artillery Factory Model koshen 5 4,712 2009-03-18, 19:59:27
Last Post: Tom-Ace