Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catapult should be able to target air with artillery.
scron2 Wrote:1) I contradict myself to to pose a situation in which you have not confirmed whether or not mines really are better than catapult shot.
--If you are going to debate this anymore you have to answer that.

Against air and faster targets, yes - mines are better than Artillery Shot. For this reason:

Lezowski Wrote:It won't even matter because you won't be able to hit the helicopters anyway. They're too small, artillery has a small AOE. They move around too much, and are some of the fastest tanks.

ScorpA1 Wrote:in reality you could have a lucky hit with artilletry vs air but its not ment to do so, so i think its stupid

scron2 Wrote:I'll remark that it takes skill to hit moving targets with such a small aoe. Still I see no argument on what exactly makes hitting an air target unbalanced.
THE WHOLE DEBATE IS HERE^ BUT EVERYONE SEEMS TO LIKE TO DANCE AROUND IT AND AVOID DIRECTLY SAYING HOW HITTING AIR WITH CATAPULT WOULD RUIN THE GAME. IT WOULD NOT. NOT ONE INSTANCE OF "MATH" WHY? BECAUSE TANKS LIKE "SCOUT" ARE IN THE SAME BOAT WHEN THERE ARE NO MINES. THERE REALLY IS NO REASON FOR IT NOT TO BE ABLE TO HIT AIR BECAUSE AIR UNITS ARE HARDER TO HIT ANYWAY.

You and two other people agree, the Artillery Shot is very hard to aim at a fast and/or flying target, to the point where it is mere guess work to hit your target. This is why it isn't practical to change the skill's properties, nor would it really benefit the tank much to do so, even if the Demolisher is underpowered like you claim.

scron2 Wrote:"The demolisher should be viable late game"
While I might have said something like this, you still don't say how adding air stun affects anything at all. If anything it does not.

I never said it would make the Demolisher a good late-game tank, nor do I think the change should happen even if it could. Yet here you justify your reasoning for making this change by claiming it will:

scron2 Wrote:For this and more reasons the catapult is completely outmatched by several of the other tanks including thunder because it has a directed stun that can never miss and sky tank just because sky tank is so fast in comparison. I'm not saying make catapult "hunter" imba, I'm just saying give it a fair chance late game.

Again, you're undercutting the argument you made in your first post.

scron2 Wrote:And finally all a person has to say is something arbitrary like "I LIKE HB" and they get disrespected. It has nothing at all to do with language use. It's an elitist community. Not everyone is bad like that but you get my point. You can't use bad language as an excuse to insult me with your false commentary.

I LIKE HB AND WILL OCCASIONALLY PLAY 8.55 UNTIL A NEW ALTERNATIVE IS IMPLEMENTED! :?

Stop claiming everyone is just being snobby around here. People simply don't agree with your idea.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614

Messages In This Thread
Re: Catapult should be able to target air with artillery. - by IlPalazzo - 2010-01-15, 03:43:12

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demolisher artillery shot vs Air? - POLL GooglyBoogly 1 2,092 2010-02-04, 07:57:49
Last Post: GooglyBoogly
  Artillery control item? TKF 20 14,583 2009-05-24, 01:36:29
Last Post: Exodus
  Some Additional Itemslots in Artillery Factory ? Gammagulp 2 2,414 2009-03-18, 23:52:39
Last Post: Morkardar
  Change Artillery Factory Model koshen 5 4,712 2009-03-18, 19:59:27
Last Post: Tom-Ace