Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catapult should be able to target air with artillery.
There is no way that the idea of catapult shot hitting air will be more unbalanced than hunter's smoke being able to hit air. There is no comparison sorry pal, you're wrong.

I refuse to argue with people who say that it is impossible for a rock to stun 2 things at once, even if one thing is in the air. We are in a game where you can teleport places and buy items to teleport. In reality neither of these things exist so please stop talking about unimportant topics like how things like that are "realistic". Air units can fly over mines, yet they still explode. Seriously we aren't talking about anything important if you have lowered yourselves to the idea of closed-mindedness. You guys list things like "they are working on new stuff" and then you turn around and saying you don't want any new changes. Make up your minds. With the logic you use here we'd only be spending time talking about whether or not things in a video game are "REALISTIC"... I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU: IT'S A VIDEO GAME.

The change can be made and if it really is broken, then they can change it back just like demon tanks decrepify. I don't think it will be broken at all. The scout tank is about on the same level as the heli as is the light tank. 2 of these tanks can be hit by artillery and 1 tank, the heli moves unobstructed and faster. It's harder to hit a faster unit and the heli has these advantages and more over the ground tanks so in reality the suggestion is well within the balance of the game.

Is there any reason not to test this suggestion? Even for 1 version? I'd like to hear some reasons, surely we have had worse disasters in balance than a trivial ability that takes skill to aim, and luck to hit.

For someone on the DevTeam, you sure seem to be rather ignorant in how you present your argument. This isn't a "reality" issue.. it's purely a balance issue. Clearly you don't have a clue what you're talking about with the targetting either. The Titan manages to do it, it can be done. Your argument is weak. Sure skills require skill points, but an artillery shot is a slow animation that can miss and has a 40 second cooldown. How many times do you expect that to hit? A demo early game will hardly even hit the ground tanks if they know they will be targetted. Say first 25 mins of the game, well thats about 25 shots. Many of those won't even be combo-able. So really what are we talking about? maybe 12 kills max? I mean opportunities don't roll around exactly every 40 seconds, and tanks don't magically get low HP exactly when you need to get a "free kill" so really you have NO CLUE what you mean by balance in hitting air. It already hits 3/4 of the tanks in the game, and mines are more effective anyway. What more is there to say?

Are you going to reply with something like "we know because we tested it" OR "we don't know because we have not tested it"... because if you did test this for balance, we'd know already. You have not done so.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Catapult should be able to target air with artillery. - by scron2 - 2010-01-16, 07:57:14

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demolisher artillery shot vs Air? - POLL GooglyBoogly 1 2,092 2010-02-04, 07:57:49
Last Post: GooglyBoogly
  Artillery control item? TKF 20 14,583 2009-05-24, 01:36:29
Last Post: Exodus
  Some Additional Itemslots in Artillery Factory ? Gammagulp 2 2,414 2009-03-18, 23:52:39
Last Post: Morkardar
  Change Artillery Factory Model koshen 5 4,712 2009-03-18, 19:59:27
Last Post: Tom-Ace