Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New "ban-request-reason"? Kickreason required?
(2011-11-04, 21:14:23)griffin1987 Wrote: 1) Ever played a 3 hour+ game, where both team agree that they don't really care so much anymore?

I think the opposite, the more time I've invested in a game the more I care about it otherwise I would have left ages ago. 3 hours of playing with the game 4 people can create a kind of "bond" beetween them even if they don't know each other.

(2011-11-04, 21:14:23)griffin1987 Wrote: Edit: there's actually another situation which happens quite frequently unfortunately - if there's a 2 player difference in teams. I'd vote for draw anytime then, because a win is only earned if it's fair. At least that is what I think.

Thats a nice way to think, but do you honestly think everyone else is as morally righteous as you? Most people (myself included, sadly) would be more than happy to take what they can get.

(2011-11-04, 21:14:23)griffin1987 Wrote: 2) I hate it when the opposing team gives up. I'm not playing btanks to win - would be the dumbest reason ever actually. I play to have fun. Granted, I always WANT to win, and TRY my hardest to win. But only straight and fair, and I hate it when ANYONE tries to giveup. And if people get frustrated so easily and then deny to play - yeah they should be banned. Really, play some single player games if you want to stop playing anytime.

Not everyone plays for the same reason though we cannot make rules to benefit those that play for one reason but not the other. Even if you do play for fun look at it this way: your team is an arguementative mess, your score is bad, your playing like shit, your team is playing like shit, and you have no hope of winning, are you having fun now? Giveup saves you time without giving penalty I have never seen people kicked for not giving up enless they were already playing badly.

(2011-11-04, 21:14:23)griffin1987 Wrote: 3) I actually did that once, because there was one player in the enemy team who didn't want to giveup, and then they kicked him for that. To me, that's everything else but fair, and such people should rethink why they are playing an online teambased game.

This is the one situation I might agree with you on. But these "non-giveup'ers" are not always simply playing for the noble concept of "fight until the end." I know they often don't understand the chat around them or sometimes have it completely disabled. They may well simply not understand the -giveup command itself or how to approve it. Perhaps they simply weren't paying attention to chat or didn't react fast enough to their team's proposal.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New "ban-request-reason"? Kickreason required? - by UnifiedDoom - 2011-11-05, 01:17:14

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Request new mode: Hardcore Btanks :D / how to increase teamplay Althend 6 10,779 2011-06-28, 05:41:32
Last Post: UnifiedDoom
  Auto Kick mode/request PaPPa_D 4 3,298 2010-08-04, 20:12:28
Last Post: PaPPa_D