Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tank bounty depending on time of last death
(2012-03-14, 17:45:59)Bob666 Wrote: This is true only for feeders. You actually get ahead if you kill your enemy every few minutes, it just won't help you to kill him even more often. In that case, you may want to change the lane and fight a real enemy or something like that. Actually better play should work throughout the game, not depending on the money you collected early.

This is not only true for feeders. In fact, it is indirectly true for everyone, because the gold difference of players with different skilllevel decreases. Example: Assume the extreme case of no bounty for 3 minutes after a death. One player dies 1x/3 minutes. One player dies 2x/3 minutes. Their bounty is exactly the same. One could point to the port-/creepgold difference, but still, the difference in skill is less represented in gold than with the current system. The 1x/3 guy has, in my view, every right to be frustrated that the map doesnt recognize that he is way better than the 2x/3 player. Your proposal is less extreme, but goes into the same direction.

(2012-03-14, 17:45:59)Bob666 Wrote: Ah, and the reason why? I think you don't know that side of the game too good, you are probably a good player and rarely in that situation where you feel like you can do nothing about the game. Battle Tanks should still be fun, and at best for all players.

That is a reason why there should be a place to play bt non-competitively, but that is no reason why every bt game has to have the aim to make the game fun for the bad players who do not enjoy the feeling you described. There are players who enjoy the competitive side of the game (me included). They want the gameresult to resemble the skill of all players as much as possible. And if they feed a game they try to come back somehow. There should be a place for those players as well and I think that is in the ranked/tournament/clan- games. Just like with every sport, there should be environments for those who want to compete and environments for those who just want to play around.

(2012-03-14, 17:45:59)Bob666 Wrote: Because kicking represents the mood in which the players are in such a situation. If they were happy having a good time in that game, they would not think about kicking a player, or insulting them and so on. Kicking is just a symptom. Removing the kick-function is theoretically okay, but in rare cases players may really suicide into the enemies all the time, because they are in a fight with their team. I think it's okay to kick a player, if the whole team wants it, and maybe one enemy. Whatever, that's not the topic.

I think it is a really bad idea to try to cater a game to the kicking, rageing or otherwise irrational players. If you tried to remove every source that makes some players insult, kick, rage, etc there would probably be no game left. That is just how human beings are - even more so anonymous in bnet. (To give another analogy which you probably dismiss as bad as well: People rage in teamsports like soccer all the time. Would you change the rules of soccer to prevent that from happening? Is that even possible to prevent?)

Edit: Wasn't the point of the different bounty formulas of the different modes to provide some sort of "in ranked games feeder really feed" and "in beginner and normal games feeder bounty gets lower quickly"?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tank bounty depending on time of last death - by Prog - 2012-03-14, 18:38:40

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  crazywolf777 Tank Ideas crazywolf777 2 3,570 2014-01-24, 11:04:12
Last Post: crazywolf777
  it is time for us to get a radar van / tank 091846 2 3,690 2013-07-11, 17:15:29
Last Post: 091846
  Exploder tank Max 7 7,432 2013-04-29, 02:26:29
Last Post: gozo1985
  New Tank: Siege Tank TKF 1 4,579 2013-02-27, 08:08:35
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Buff Goblin Tank UnifiedDoom 19 15,859 2012-07-16, 15:06:23
Last Post: Teo_live