Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tank bounty depending on time of last death
(2012-03-14, 18:38:40)Prog Wrote: This is not only true for feeders. In fact, it is indirectly true for everyone, because the gold difference of players with different skilllevel decreases. Example: Assume the extreme case of no bounty for 3 minutes after a death. One player dies 1x/3 minutes. One player dies 2x/3 minutes. Their bounty is exactly the same. One could point to the port-/creepgold difference, but still, the difference in skill is less represented in gold than with the current system. The 1x/3 guy has, in my view, every right to be frustrated that the map doesnt recognize that he is way better than the 2x/3 player. Your proposal is less extreme, but goes into the same direction.
Good players won't die more than once every 3 minutes, so I consider all additional deaths as "feeding deaths". It should force the good player to attack other good players on the enemy team. I.e. it doesn't pay off any longer to farm one weak player. It doesn't mean that a good player gets less money, since the bounty of good enemies will be raised accordingly.

(2012-03-14, 18:38:40)Prog Wrote: That is a reason why there should be a place to play bt non-competitively, but that is no reason why every bt game has to have the aim to make the game fun for the bad players who do not enjoy the feeling you described. There are players who enjoy the competitive side of the game (me included). They want the gameresult to resemble the skill of all players as much as possible. And if they feed a game they try to come back somehow. There should be a place for those players as well and I think that is in the ranked/tournament/clan- games. Just like with every sport, there should be environments for those who want to compete and environments for those who just want to play around.

[...]

I think it is a really bad idea to try to cater a game to the kicking, rageing or otherwise irrational players. If you tried to remove every source that makes some players insult, kick, rage, etc there would probably be no game left. That is just how human beings are - even more so anonymous in bnet. (To give another analogy which you probably dismiss as bad as well: People rage in teamsports like soccer all the time. Would you change the rules of soccer to prevent that from happening? Is that even possible to prevent?)
You got a point there. Of course it will soften the game a bit, but I think that is something BT needs. And still, the suggestion only affects rapidly dying players, so, as said before, I think the impact on ranked games won't be too big. I don't think that it will cause any major problems, or lead to players not caring about their deaths at all. Especially the one player dying too often still needs some good playing to get back to the game, it's just that the required effort is cut at some point, where the player is truly a feeder who doesn't know what he does.

By the way, taking it to the extreme: If you gave every player a constant income, no matter of what they do, the whole game would still be skill-based, you would just have to fight players with equally strong tanks, beating them by tactics and micro. Of course this is a very extreme, this is no suggestion, but what I am trying to say is that this comparably very very little change won't be able to make a good play worthless.

(2012-03-14, 18:38:40)Prog Wrote: Edit: Wasn't the point of the different bounty formulas of the different modes to provide some sort of "in ranked games feeder really feed" and "in beginner and normal games feeder bounty gets lower quickly"?
Bob666 Wrote:I know, but it's not changing anyones style of play or the hate against feeders I think. And my suggestion seems to be compatible with pro and noob games, rendering different modes for everyone useless. In general I dislike too many different modes, I prefer one solid mode, balanced and working for all. That's another topic, but maybe for the tank bounty a single solution for all modes is possible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tank bounty depending on time of last death - by Bob666 - 2012-03-14, 19:05:01

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  crazywolf777 Tank Ideas crazywolf777 2 3,570 2014-01-24, 11:04:12
Last Post: crazywolf777
  it is time for us to get a radar van / tank 091846 2 3,690 2013-07-11, 17:15:29
Last Post: 091846
  Exploder tank Max 7 7,432 2013-04-29, 02:26:29
Last Post: gozo1985
  New Tank: Siege Tank TKF 1 4,579 2013-02-27, 08:08:35
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Buff Goblin Tank UnifiedDoom 19 15,859 2012-07-16, 15:06:23
Last Post: Teo_live