Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adjust raider and distributor
After playing the raider for quite some time now, and the distributor during the beta and now that it's out, I've got the following suggestions:

Raider:

1. Make the first skill cost more mana and remove the reset ability. Also make it deal more damage at high levels.
Why?
Currently I think it's a skill which can be very overpowered at start if in the hand of someone who is good in key-spamming and clicking, while way too hard to use for new or not so adept players (or people who arent wanking their keyboard that hard), which makes it totally newbie-unfriendly. And the very overpowered can be really way overpowered, especially playing on a lane (while it's pretty okay if you play in mid normally), while the skill becomes practically useless later on (which would be okay, as this is a start tank, but some other start tanks don't have this problem so much, so I think it should be adapted a bit)

2. The healing skill becomes OP lategame (remind you, this is a start tank). It should not be able to heal > 7k hp at once that easily, which it is right now. I would suggest making part of the heal a fixed value and the other part a smaller percentage value. Of course 7k heal would still be able then, but you would need way more hp for that to happen. E.g. reduce percentage to half of what it is now and add a constant 200 hp per level - that way it should get a tad stronger at start, and not OP lategame anymore.

3. The maximum damage of the ulti should be increased on later levels - it seems to me that it scales pretty badly at the moment, doing totally well at start, and becoming very weak later on.

4. Increase clickable area of raider - while the gfx of the raider is way larger than helicopter, it's way harder for me to click it. Don't know how many other people have the same problem, or maybe it's just me, but I would like to have a larger region clickable if that is possible.

Distributor:
1. The reactive armor skill is really very cool and tactical interesting. I only have one problem with it: It certainly gives advantage to certain weapon types. Energy torpedo for example practically becomes a great heal to the distributor because of the speed the green ball travels and the damage being all at once - at the same time, any weapon firing multiple shots or faster makes the reactive armor seem pretty useless. I'm totally unsure on this point, but I will still suggest it, so you can tell your oppinion, but I would suggest adding to the "blocks damage at most X times" a "(block lasts 0.3 seconds for at most of 300dmg)" (numbers can be variable or not). This way, it wouldn't be completely useless versus something like a flamer, poison magic, laser etc., while still not becoming overpowered.

2. The skill with money for support points is a cool idea I think, but I would have really prefered that on a mid-tier tank instead of a starter one (I also wasn't sure on this one, which is why I didn't post it while map was still beta). Problem is, you don't have the chance to make that many support points at start, and I wouldn't want to encourage people further to stay longer with their starter tank (that's when you end up with someone playing heli for nearly 2 hours). I got no real idea on how to solve it except for maybe swap it with a skill of the darkness tank. But maybe you either have a better Idea or tell me why what I'm saying is bs (I don't mind, if you keep it on topic and not start getting personalWink )

Thanks for reading,

Cheers
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.

Messages In This Thread
Adjust raider and distributor - by griffin1987 - 2013-08-23, 11:59:55
RE: Adjust raider and distributor - by Max - 2013-08-23, 16:05:10
RE: Adjust raider and distributor - by Max - 2013-08-23, 21:11:29
RE: Adjust raider and distributor - by Exodus - 2013-08-23, 22:49:26
RE: Adjust raider and distributor - by Exodus - 2014-01-23, 00:58:55
RE: Adjust raider and distributor - by EarthR - 2014-01-23, 10:04:06

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does distributor needs a rework? Max 7 5,416 2014-03-01, 13:01:51
Last Post: Max
  Ability 'guides' weapon shots | raider's charge ability mynth 14 12,401 2012-11-15, 03:21:16
Last Post: Wupti
  Nerf raider BENNIE.FM 9 6,666 2012-07-08, 14:55:49
Last Post: ICE2607
  Nurf Raider Sassspect 13 8,039 2012-06-15, 03:44:40
Last Post: unpredictable_m