Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change the player colours to be the same as DOTA
The player colours for the hero tanks should be changed so that they are the same as DOTA's colors.

This would be a huge help since most of bnet already plays DOTA and would quickly identify who is
on their team and who is not on their team, along with the specific tank they can expect because
turning everything on your map teal/red DOES NOT HELP!

If you really are interested in having players do well in the game, this idea should be considered.
Well maybe a mode you can pick for new players but i am to used to the way it is now ill just do bad if it's changed. :lol:
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
heck... why don't you simply ask the dota stuff to change their player colors to be like in btanks?
this "suggestion" is just ridiculous... if you want them to be more easier to differ between teams,
there is an standard option of wc3 ( near the minimap ) to change teams in 2 different colors...
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Saiyuki Wrote:heck... why don't you simply ask the dota stuff to change their player colors to be like in btanks?
this "suggestion" is just ridiculous... if you want them to be more easier to differ between teams,
there is an standard option of wc3 ( near the minimap ) to change teams in 2 different colors...

You are posing a circular argument. I will kindly respond with an appeal to popularity because it is fitting here,
BECAUSE MORE PEOPLE PLAY DOTA, and you want people to play this game. That is why.

Perhaps an absurd example would be better:
Let's not make our brake lights red. Let's make them green.
Simply put: more cars on the road have thier brake lights as "red" just like most custom gamers
identify the team colors in terms of DOTA, and then you wonder why people "feed"....

SOOOOOO you say you hate feeders and yet shun the idea of making 1 small change to
accomodate a population that likely would see more action in your game because of that one simple trivial change.

If you read to this point and still feel the need to troll me, go fuck yourself.
It may have been an interesting point at begining of Btanks but for now, there are to much players used to current color.

And I dont think that changing it would attract dota players to bt... It would probably create complains about the change.

Currently, we cant say Btanks an unknow map. Most players on bnet know iot :p
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Btanks is nowhere as popular as DOTA.

Making this small change will help OTHER NEW PLAYERS understand the game easier.

Plus the current dark/light color scheme is garbage compared to DOTA's.
At least DOTA's color scheme is intuitive.
Why don't change Battletanks into dota, as all your suggestions are "in dota its so, let's make it the same in battletanks"?
Thought the same, create a copy of dota and rename it to btanks. I think that's what you want...
haha yes
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Yeah, let's give up Battle Tanks, we take an open dota map and replace all the hero models with tanks \o/
/sarcasm
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
It's only the color scheme, stop arguing using the straw man argument, it is invalid.

Learn to argue correctly, and stop trolling me.
We don't understand simply cuz battle tanks players (Most of us at least.) uses Alt+A = team color teal and red so we can see the difference between teammates and enemies on the minimap. If we should differenciate between each unique color it would ofc be difficult to tell who's who.

As for me color doesn't matter much.
The problem with the team colors is it's harder to communicate. Often times I call people by their colors.
Going long range in mid takes no skill, so stop telling yourselves otherwise.
TKF Wrote:We don't understand simply cuz battle tanks players (Most of us at least.) uses Alt+A = team color teal and red so we can see the difference between teammates and enemies on the minimap. If we should differenciate between each unique color it would ofc be difficult to tell who's who.

As for me color doesn't matter much.
The reason you likely do not use "normal colours" is because they are not intuitive.

DOTA's scheme:
Blue
Yellow
Orange
Purple
Teal
THE SENTINEL: RED
-- all bright colours

Pink
Dark Green
Brown
Light blue
Gray
THE SCOURGE: BRIGHT GREEN
-- all darker colours

If someone could please list out btanks colours, this would be helpful because
You will likely find that they are no way intuitive in comparison to DOTA's scheme.

The fact that you admit so many people use Alt+A is just evidence that the color
scheme IS SO BAD in battle tanks that you have to use it, like GEN does every game.
And he typically plays 1 or 2 days of the week, fairly infrequent... but considering your
hardcore DOTA gamer who identifies with the color scheme, they can understand who is
their ally much easier... plus it makes sense. Bright colors and Dark colors, light and dark
.... not completely "irrational" if you ask me when it comes to btanks.

Ok now btanks color scheme:
DARK FORCE
Bright red
Bright blue
Bright teal
Bright purple
Bright yellow
Oooh and it's dark force -- well thats dark green... that SOO makes sense.

LIGHT FORCE
Orange
Bright Green
Pink
Gray
Light blue
AAAAAnd light foce makes use of the color "brown" hmm that sure makes sense?

All you have to do is make a few changes that make better use of "dark green and brown" so
that users of the map will be able to understand what the fucks going on.

Seriously dark force has all bright colors and light force has a mix of light and bright. It's stupid.
Well the battle tanks uses variables and most triggers uses player number 1-5 (which is red, blue, teal, purple, yellow) and 5-9 (orange, green, pink, grey, cyan) which is natural order.

If the colors was to be changed, everything in the triggers must be remade.

And Dota uses fog where the color identification matters more, here you see the enemy all the time and color doesn't play such a big role when there's no fog.

If this is a good idea or not using light and dark colors to seperate the teams is up to the mappers. For me it never mattered which random order colors are.
I would rather see a new command:

-st
-showteam

Each team would get some sort of effect around its tanks to make it easier to see...
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
TKF Wrote:Well the battle tanks uses variables and most triggers uses player number 1-5 (which is red, blue, teal, purple, yellow) and 5-9 (orange, green, pink, grey, cyan) which is natural order.

If the colors was to be changed, everything in the triggers must be remade.

And Dota uses fog where the color identification matters more, here you see the enemy all the time and color doesn't play such a big role when there's no fog.

If this is a good idea or not using light and dark colors to seperate the teams is up to the mappers. For me it never mattered which random order colors are.

Fog is not the issue here. How could you even begin to say something like that? A person can mh in DOTA and know the colors of each side and exactly which hero that corresponded to each, a huge advantage. Is this a major factor in ganking? The answer is yes. Conisder comments by Tom-Ace, he memorized the colors and doesn't use Alt-A. This is a huge factor in understanding the depth this problem presents. If you can increase the proficiency of a large portion of your population by helping them in that manner, then you are doing btanks a huge favor.

ONE FINAL NOTE:

battle ships scheme:

North - RED (extremely close to DOTA's sentinel)
Teal (x)
Purple (x)
Yellow (x)
Orange (x)
Bright Green - not the same as DOTA's

South - BLUE (this isn't bright green, but a reasonable swap if you ask me)
(exactly the same as DOTA's scourge)
pink
light blue
gray
dark green
brown

AND even the BATTLESHIPS color scheme makes sense FFS!!!! Even changing to the
battleships colors would be an improvement! This has nothing to do with DOTA, it has
to do with assigning colors that MAKE SENSE!@
scron2 Wrote:A person can mh in DOTA and know the colors of each side and exactly which hero that corresponded to each, a huge advantage.
dunno what the cmd does, if it's one, but did you ever checked the multiboard ingame? there was even once a cmd in bt to check where a player is located, so you could always tell the difference. ( beside using zoom and checking if the creeps attacks the player or not )
btw, did you even asked the dota staff to switch purple with light blue? it's not corresponding to the "team color scheme" your talking about. xD

warning:troll
well, i guess you were already banned from all dota bots and the forum, that's why your looking for another mod and trying to let it be changed to be more like dota.

do you know how long the history of "battle tanks" goes back to? this is not a simple matter of "just a tweak" or something, but a main aspect of the game since all the time. same as like dota would never switch their team colors, as i may guess, or maybe they would? what's your opinion of this!? anyway, it's become a part of btanks and just for helping some beginners, there won't be any changes. moreover, it doesn't take too long to get accustomed to the colors and the gameplay, so this minor "complain" can be ignored.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Saiyuki Wrote:
scron2 Wrote:A person can mh in DOTA and know the colors of each side and exactly which hero that corresponded to each, a huge advantage.
dunno what the cmd does, if it's one, but did you ever checked the multiboard ingame? there was even once a cmd in bt to check where a player is located, so you could always tell the difference. ( beside using zoom and checking if the creeps attacks the player or not )
btw, did you even asked the dota staff to switch purple with light blue? it's not corresponding to the "team color scheme" your talking about. xD

warning:troll
well, i guess you were already banned from all dota bots and the forum, that's why your looking for another mod and trying to let it be changed to be more like dota.

do you know how long the history of "battle tanks" goes back to? this is not a simple matter of "just a tweak" or something, but a main aspect of the game since all the time. same as like dota would never switch their team colors, as i may guess, or maybe they would? what's your opinion of this!? anyway, it's become a part of btanks and just for helping some beginners, there won't be any changes. moreover, it doesn't take too long to get accustomed to the colors and the gameplay, so this minor "complain" can be ignored.

The other color schemes are better and more intuitive. Battleships varys very little from DOTA, and like I said, many btankers use Alt-A because the team colors in BTANKS are not intuitive.

Serioulsy are you questioning swapping purple with light blue on the DOTA map? 2 maps are like that already and DOTA has been in existence since ROC. LB is hardly as "bright" as purple is shown. It is closer to gray and purple is closer to blue. The 2 colors were assigned opposing sides for a reason, that is where they belong and it makes sense. You are trying to provide some sort of absurd example to dispatch my request but in turn just show how absurd your opposition to my argument is.

You are calling me a troll from being banned from DOTA bots? What kind of moron are you? You are the troll for replying in such a disrepectful manner because you don't list any reasons FOR the current scheme over the proposed one that actually makes any sense. I explained already why the color schemes of the other 2 games are better. Can you explain why BTANKS has a better color scheme?

btanks clearly DOES NOT have a better color scheme! and that is why you offer no reasons in your argument for it
Why change colors any good btanks player can play with the current color scheme and if u play dota and btanks learn
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  remove leaver penalty & giveup / change kick back griffin1987 21 19,252 2014-01-24, 12:20:12
Last Post: Exodus
  remove giveup, change kicking griffin1987 9 9,604 2013-08-21, 16:22:24
Last Post: gozo1985
  Weapon Mode Change UnifiedDoom 7 9,283 2013-01-07, 10:46:27
Last Post: 091846
  Not a bt suggestion but player BENNIE.FM 3 4,617 2012-10-18, 05:56:57
Last Post: FlashVanMaster
  additional commands for single player modus RaptorXI 5 6,030 2012-07-25, 19:59:05
Last Post: RaptorXI