Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balancing: Ghost tank, Guard, Demon
IlPalazzo Wrote:Not quite, putting t3 and t4 tanks aside - if I'm using a Goblin Tank or Heavy Tank, I'm very comfortable burning off my cooldowns when the enemy Ghost Tank reaches about 3500-5000 HP, which isn't too long of a wait considering a Ghost Tank has a 4500 HP base. The immediate direct damage from my abilities coupled with the stun duration will assure he won't have the luxury of spamming his abilities once he comes out of it.

Let's suppose this works really that way (which i doubt): You could argue the same way against thunder tank or air ship - they would do even worse as they have no chance to provide additional hp by spawns. But you can play all those tanks quite fine becouse they have unspent gold when the opponent gets heavy/gobo making compensation easy. Of course when the gobo reaches a crucial amount of poisons+porter it's hard, but that goes for every tank <10k and you can easily get another tank until that happens - you wouldn't play thunder or heavy in that situation either.

@Althend: I don't play it frequently, as I do like playing mid and in mid I like either being mobile or being able to stun, but we can give it a try if you want to.
Yes and no. Yes, Thunder Tanks and Air Ships have less HP and thus less able to take the hits from a Heavy or Goblin Skill burn, but there's a difference in that they don't have to wait passively to use their skills like the Ghost Tank. Both tanks can push out their two skills and mount up 1,000-2,500 direct damage on the enemy. "The ghost waits with the channeling until stun is used" implies that the Ghost Tank has to be willing to take that damage (or wait for a teammate to take the punishment) before it can execute it's own skills without interruption. Early game it's possible, especially on 1v1 side lanes, but as more players start pushing to t2/t3 tanks, and battle start converging into group mid-lane battles, it's increasingly difficult to wait patiently and take the damage, especially when teleporters and speed packs come into play. Getting the jump on your opponent simply gives too much advantage when you compare it to the Ghost Tank's defensive skill set.

I guess I fall next to Althend, I've just never seen anyone play well with a Ghost Tank except in a pub game - and so for now I'm lead to think that the tank is underpowered until I see differently. If you guys do play please post the replay.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
IlPalazzo Wrote:Early game it's possible, especially on 1v1 side lanes, but as more players start pushing to t2/t3 tanks, and battle start converging into group mid-lane battles, it's increasingly difficult to wait patiently and take the damage, especially when teleporters and speed packs come into play. Getting the jump on your opponent simply gives too much advantage when you compare it to the Ghost Tank's defensive skill set.

That's completly true, but I think it is possible to play with ghost to an early hunter/demon/frost on the side lanes.
I know it's not a really big improvement, but how about making Guard's Natural Energy skill replenish mana as well as HP. Make it go both ways too, eg. At level 5 it heals allies for 30% max HP and 30% max mana; damages enemy tanks for 15% current HP and 15% current mana.

If people still think Guard's skillset it rather weak, maybe make Natural Energy heal the Guard the equivalent amount of HP it damages to enemies. Similar to Medivac's Life Converter, but against heroes only and current HP, not max HP.
jman Wrote:I know it's not a really big improvement, but how about making Guard's Natural Energy skill replenish mana as well as HP. Make it go both ways too, eg. At level 5 it heals allies for 30% max HP and 30% max mana; damages enemy tanks for 15% current HP and 15% current mana.

If people still think Guard's skillset it rather weak, maybe make Natural Energy heal the Guard the equivalent amount of HP it damages to enemies. Similar to Medivac's Life Converter, but against heroes only and current HP, not max HP.
the guard is on our list of tanks that needs some changes, as stated before by Prog ( in his first comment on this topic ^^ ). thx for the input anyways. :wink:
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Althend Wrote:Your answer is " you dont know how to use it"

Have you ever played against me?

Mouhahahhaha Go to hell weaklingBig Grin

why is althend so cocky? hes not even good
newbcake3 Wrote:
Althend Wrote:Your answer is " you dont know how to use it"

Have you ever played against me?

Mouhahahhaha Go to hell weaklingBig Grin

why is althend so cocky? hes not even good

You lost against meSmile
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
I would like to see the ghost tank to become "transparent" to collisions with other tanks/creeps.
it would reduce the disadvantage of being packed in own creeps and it would fit perfectly to the theme of the tank.
Wehr Rächtschreibfeler findet darf sie behallten.

Join a BT Clan!! NOW!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tank Mana/Energy Balancing gozo1985 0 2,850 2014-04-25, 02:35:56
Last Post: gozo1985
  Distributor balancing gozo1985 2 3,181 2013-09-06, 01:08:36
Last Post: RaptorXI
  gold for the guard Perfektionist 4 5,364 2013-03-21, 20:05:59
Last Post: Perfektionist
  Thunder tank BENNIE.FM 8 5,999 2013-02-26, 11:54:04
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  nice balancing elo system Crag_Hack 9 9,040 2012-08-29, 20:32:37