Poll: Do you want to have colorized kill messages?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, every player name should be displayed with its own color
90.91%
10 90.91%
No, leave it as it is now
9.09%
1 9.09%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
colorize the player names in the kill messages etc.
Hi,
Its nerving that the names displayed when killing somebody (for example) are not colorized with the players color.
I dont understand why you didnt already implement this (don't you know how?). Theres an easy variable system to colorize the names. If you shouldnt know about it, just let me now and I show you how it works...
Well, it's not a bad idea, but the colors for the players uses a color code, not according to player numbers. I guess it will be quite some work to implement it.

The current thing is now, that a red message appears when you're team suffer a death, and a green if your team does make a kill.

Lets see what the mappers says about this....
it's quite easy to include but not everyone likes too much color messages, even if its only the player names.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
@TKF: i am mapper. you have to link the color codes with a string array, and so its not much work.
@Saiyuki: Well of course, to much colour is senseless, but the player colors??? By showing the player colours, its much easier for the player to see whats on in one fast view. I dont know anybody who doesnt like a few colours in maps, to give a better overview. just imagine a multiboard without colours...
yeah... and thats a good point... =)
some players already mentioned that the death messages doesn't need to be colored... (in my map, in the older days xD)

well, i could be implemented, but it wouldn't change anything big in playing the map, so it is up to exo and bob to change it or not. ^^
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
i support that idea !
these different colours will help us,
because sometimes the force team names are changed and then i loose the overview...
so maybe dark force with dark brown and light force kills with white (another colour idea)^^
i always play with team colors activated, because the force`s colors are too similar for my opinion. thats why i just dont care about colored names in these messages; everyone is teal or red for meTongue:

but id like to see the "teamkilled", maybe also the "killed himself" messages in another color. its strange that the *** has teamkilled *** appears in this positive green Tongue
Of course its no problem to colorize the kill messages, its more a question of the design and readability of these messages. I'm a bit sceptical that this will really improve the current situation but nonetheless, I will try it and maybe post some screenshots for you to see yourself.

@Satan: looks like a bug ^^
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
When I once did a teamkill on my teammate, it appeared in green! I think it's a bug!

Perhaps make it purple/orange, so it's more noticeable
Ok, here you go
[attachment=2]

[attachment=1]

[attachment=0]

Now, decide yourself if you think thats better or not. I just created a poll for that.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
I voted for the new colors now, but i must say that when i would play, my opinion might change because i would see more messages popping up and then the colors might get irritating. But as it looks now, it looks fine for me.
I'm not against it. Also easier to see who killed you. If there is 2 guys with quite similar nick, this would help....

I vote for it...

Offtopic:

Frost Sphere
"its more a question of the design and readability of these messages"
Well you are right. Especially that in addition to the player colors there are the red and green messageparts (which are very good for the overview in my opinion), its perhaps slightly overloaded with colors if rating the design issue. But i think its the optimal solution for getting all information with one view. t-up.
Look at the poll!! Everyone agrees to add this ideaBig Grin

This will be in the next version most likely.
I'm looking forward to itSmile
It seems to be secrecy about the new version. I wonder what big changes is coming Big Grin

My guess is 1 Ultimate change, colorful change in texts and another secret... + bug fixes. Just my guess.
You mean secrets like the hidden flametorch laser that is in now, or just changes we dont know about yet?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  add -votekick player Slaktaren 14 11,954 2015-02-11, 22:19:09
Last Post: hiver
  Player Creeps/Buildings Gold gozo1985 2 3,573 2013-05-24, 20:07:55
Last Post: gozo1985
  4 vs 5 --- 4 Player team imbalanced? StendekX 5 5,357 2010-12-06, 21:58:28
Last Post: mooneye
  [8.68] "-unstuck" after player kick works fine B-Tanker 1 1,573 2010-04-03, 16:53:07
Last Post: B-Tanker
  Buff the multi kill bonus? TKF 27 12,161 2009-06-23, 18:43:40
Last Post: horselance