Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smart discount Weapon purchases directly from shops
Sometimes valuable items such as teleporter appears in the junkyard as a result of a leaver. But most players doesn't notice this and buy the item directly from the shops, without discount. Is there a possibility that you could add automatic discount system of 25% reduction if you bought an item which already existed in the junkyard?

Just a suggestion. I know an variable must be attached to every item and it's a bit work to develop such a system and also count leavers items, but not unreasonable amount of work.

I know Exodus has though of this idea, but I don't know if this has been thought of being made or not. Is this a good idea, or should the items on junkyard only be reserved professionals which knows they save gold from buying from the junkyard and keeping an eye on it?
i guess its more important to do something against the chaos if the yunk fills up with alot of items.
some are stucked and you may click the wrong.
if u search for something you need sometimes minutes to find it which is very bad for the own gameperformance..

its really annoying to search for something from midgame till end -.-

could u add a big itemwindow like an inventory (some rpg maps provide it) ??

just a click at junktrader and it will open where all items with their real images are shown.
would be a GREAT advantage and definately rise the usage of it.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
I also posted this idea some time ago. It could also be applied to the tank-junkyard for whom I am still waitingWink
Junkyard has to be changes in several ways, as Agginator pointed out.
1. Make the game automatically giving you the item from the junk, if you try to buy one that already exists on junk (some solution has to be found on how to handle upgraded items since you cannot buy them directly and most sold items are upgraded).
2. Make the Junkyard more accessible at late-game, where there are many items and you just cant find stuff you are looking for or misclick often. Also sometimes an valuable item which you want to buy is laying just behind the little junk-trader tinker so you cant pick it up.
Well, for the big heap of items, maybe add a timer, that removes the items after 30 minutes or something like that. After that time, it gets pretty unlikely that anyone will buy that item.

As for the other suggestions, I'd have to make up my mind and come up with an acceptable solution, because of the issue that ssl mentioned.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
The idea with images is not bad, but probably not possible. Also a unit with added abilties which represent each item would be much work.

Exodus Wrote:As for the other suggestions, I'd have to make up my mind and come up with an acceptable solution, because of the issue that ssl mentioned.
What if you buy the item as it's unupgraded even if it's upgraded if you buy it from shops?

But a timer would be nice to add. 30 minutes on non-speed, non-special items maybe and they get removed. The junkyard tends to be full of items in long games and it's hard to differentiate each item, changing their color if possible would be quite useful to indicate classes.
TKF Wrote:changing their color if possible would be quite useful to indicate classes.
That's a very nice idea! Just use some other item-model for weapons, for hulls, for speed-related items and so on.
Nice idea with colours.
Or make junkyard like shop. When click on that little tinker it shows all weapon's icons, and you can buy all, like at normal shop.
Pzdr

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Balance the weapon formular RaptorXI 7 8,445 2015-02-24, 17:56:02
Last Post: RaptorXI
  New 900-1000 weapon for 1100 gozo1985 11 9,756 2014-01-05, 16:05:43
Last Post: psycodiver
  Weapon suggestion BENNIE.FM 4 5,238 2013-09-04, 15:21:00
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Add Weapon Upgrade requirements to the top 10 highest tier weapons Vitriol 11 11,501 2013-04-25, 18:47:42
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Weapon Mode Change UnifiedDoom 7 8,986 2013-01-07, 10:46:27
Last Post: 091846