Poll: Should the new requirement mode be set to the standard mode?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
46.34%
19 46.34%
No
51.22%
21 51.22%
Do something different (describe)
2.44%
1 2.44%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Requirements for Thunder Tank and above - Standard?
Hey guys,
I added the new requirement option some time ago, because of the "Demon-problem" and imo its working. But most people won't use this mode. So should it be set to standard? (always with the possibility to disable requirements altogether)

Please vote and discuss.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Well, I'm not against that.
I'm against it (probably going to add reasons why I'm against it later on)

Edit: Don't need to add reasons, Carcha allready did it for me ^^
Im for it because inder is against it. Big Grin ...but really I wouldn't mind this becoming standard. Buying a few weapons and a hull/weak tank and then saving for demon is getting kind of old. I don't think it should be standard for thunder though, as waiting twenty minutes or having to upgrade to get a weak tank like that seems excessive. Maybe for tanks 7-8k and above their should be requirements. A different solution could be to base tank requirements on individual tank levels instead of creeps or lowering creep upgrade times.
Share the love in the unknown. Only way to understand (understatement) (wink). -Bang Bang in Blindingly Brilliant Bliss because of benevolent beneficiary being belonging 'bove, always, love...
Against it
same reasons like prog^^

it makes the game bit boring, you have to wait longer for many tanks, most guys willl play the same tanks at the same time.

At the moment it is very versatile, some guys play with thunder tanks with weapons and hull, another guy has sky tank only with a bow.
I don´t understand whats the advantage of this change? Nobody owns you with a early demon tank?
But without weapons and low lvl he cant beat you. I think it is at the moment balanced. The bigger tanks have a slight advantage at the moment, in pruporse of killing tanks.
But with weak weapons they creep lesser, so its balanced. The guy who spends money for the big tank often has probs during spending (becomes killed and creeps lesser)
Captain-Iglu wo bist du^^
Exodus Wrote:Hey guys,
I added the new requirement option some time ago, because of the "Demon-problem" and imo its working. But most people won't use this mode. So should it be set to standard? (always with the possibility to disable requirements altogether)

. The reason imo why im not playing requirement options is in a team, not everyone will save & rush demon. If in a 5v5, the whole team on one side save to rush demons,
i dont think that team could survive the mid stage. Tactically they will fail. There need to be a combi of some guys with mid tanks/better weapons.
By making requirements standard will nerf a lot of team tactics and make the game not as exciting.
PLease do not make it standard
Carcharoth2 Wrote:I don´t understand whats the advantage of this change? Nobody owns you with a early demon tank?
I played 3 games lately and in two of them, I played against a team of 5 Demons. Thats definately not how it should be. And its nonesense to say you can win the game in the time they are saving for their bigger tanks. You can't win an until that point equal game, in the ten minutes you have better weapons than them. But its not the balancing of saving for big tanks that I'm complaining about.

You talk about keeping the versatility, but 7 out of 10 players with Demons at one point in the game, has nothing to do with versatility. That's what I want to change.

bangyouredead Wrote:I don't think it should be standard for thunder though, as waiting twenty minutes or having to upgrade to get a weak tank like that seems excessive
Thunder Tank would be available after 10 minutes, since the Force upgrades every 5 minutes.
/agree Exodus
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Euh, I vote for a sure YES to this. First of all, thunder is a level 2 requirement tank... So yeah... you can virtually wait 0 minutes more then before to be at thunder. 2nd of all, demon will be a level 8 tank... earth a level 6... A light tank with hull and weapon will become a valid option... it really opens up a lot of strategies.
Ah, thought requirements would just be equal to tank cost ex:10k demon level 10. This seems like a good idea though. I agree with exodus that saving for big tanks doesnt offer the other team that's spending much of an advantage during the saving. All people have to do is play defense/not die. A hull or two with a couple weapons is all you need, and you can post out at your cp, creep fairly well, and save up. I rarely see all 5 go demon, but in pro games most of the people will save for demon, and generally if youre the team with less then you lose. I rarely see any tanks between 5k-10k because of this. People will just get an air ship and wait it out, as it is easy to avoid dying in that tank. So...big thumbs up for this change.Big Grin
Share the love in the unknown. Only way to understand (understatement) (wink). -Bang Bang in Blindingly Brilliant Bliss because of benevolent beneficiary being belonging 'bove, always, love...
reqs equal to tank cost were already there, and they failed cuz they were just unappropriate and too high, when your old tank's skills weren't making it anymore.
To be honest, I was shortly before suggesting the same, but thought most ppl dont like it.

I am soooooo happy to see I am wrong and give my YESSS to it ^^.

I played one of that requirement games and as you can buy: Guard, airship, thunder, ghost, short later Gobblin and if not from the start (I think it is stupid tactic, but exists) Shredder - there are a lot of different tanks in the 10-20 min game status available and there is really fun in not going straight to the strongest tank, what you have saved money for. And there will be no --> 3 demons in Teamspeak shoot an airship or heavy, who was a bit outfarmed in 1500 Range, anymore.

I even think there will be masses of new strategics, maybe even with armor updating, and hope this system will be included.

(maybe make the other mode even, no tank requirements ?, so you can buy infernal if you earned 18k fast ^^)
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
you can feed somebody for 18k that way, that's for sure :wink:
I'd be more interested in taking the req off of the frost infernal, and adding stuns to sky tank & earth robot. ;p

but still against across the board reqs. I even hate the reqs on items. I always get screwed with that orbital >.<
Gammagulp Wrote:there are a lot of different tanks in the 10-20 min game status available and there is really fun in not going straight to the strongest tank, what you have saved money for. And there will be no --> 3 demons in Teamspeak shoot an airship or heavy, who was a bit outfarmed in 1500 Range, anymore.

/sign

..voted yes ^^

greetz
[Image: dtpc3banner88x31.jpg]
YES, does this get implemented in 8.51??? Or is it to early?
No, I want to give this poll more time.
Personally I think that the T. Tank is the first (cheapest) counter to the smaller tanks that like to abuse the long rang guns. The special abilities are strong and have sufficient rang to make them really re-evaluate their situation. Combine that with the electro cannon (the on with 1050 range) and the little guys with long range aren't nearly as effective or as able to abuse the scout 1300 combo. So putting reqs on the T Tank is (imho) a little over kill.
Lol, who cares, the requirement for T Tank is level 2... You normally do not get it anyway prior to level 2.
It's easy to get it in 7-8 min if you're doing good in hb mode.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tank Mana/Energy Balancing gozo1985 0 2,632 2014-04-25, 02:35:56
Last Post: gozo1985
  Thunder tank BENNIE.FM 8 5,575 2013-02-26, 11:54:04
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Double Mech / Ghost Tank / Antigrav / medivac griffin1987 20 14,594 2012-03-05, 09:33:41
Last Post: 091846
  Storm Tank - Do you like it? AeroniumX 8 7,391 2012-02-25, 01:37:24
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Ghost Tank Ultimate RaptorXI 15 12,652 2011-06-15, 11:44:26
Last Post: stibi-