Poll: Are the mines to strong?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No, the mines are to weak, TEH NEED MORE POWAH!
13.79%
4 13.79%
It's fine! It doesn't need to be changed.
55.17%
16 55.17%
Yep, the mines is too imba, they should be nerfed!
31.03%
9 31.03%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE MINES!! To strong, good enough or to weak?
This vote only checks how many would prefer that the mines should be stronger or not. This is not a vote for balance change, only peoples opinion. Revoting allowed!!!

Mines does quite a lot damage, and it's imba tactic. Someone else mentioned this in the past, but I didn't find the similar topics. For example the demolishers mines does 320 dmg pr level, AND you can sort of store the damage, which is quite devastating if you lay a minefield. The mines you buy at the goblin trader are quite expensive, but they put a devastating punch. Also there is a countermeasure against mines, but not everyone like to spend their money on remote defuse kit. It's worth it and tempting once the enemy buy the expensive mines, or has several demolishers.

Damage issue with mines has been fixed.

Personally I find the bought mines a bit to strong, cuz now the mines get stronger with team attack level. (Normal mines 1600 -> 1500 dmg...). Also the demolisher mines should in my opinion do somewhat less dmg for same reason. 300 dmg pr level. I'm not against greater nerfs, but this is MINIMUM nerf in my opinion.

So what do you think?

(Vote has now been reset due to new version change and mine balancing, 8.33 update)

(Vote has now been reset YET AGAIN due to heavy discussion about the mines and new opinions. Sry for multiple edits)
Actually, I think all mines are just pretty weak. One reason is that it's too easy to dodge that mines and when you are going forward with full hp you can intentionally go catch some mines and retreat to heal. Having some experience in dodge you'll never have any problems with demolishers. Eventually you'll have much more money than demolisher has and you'll buy hull/new tank.

When an enemy is buying mines in the shop he spends much money for that. While he spent all the money into mines he has very poor dps and cannot farm well - this leads to very slow his advantage. When enemy buys mines - this is a sign to buy hull immediately. Once you have even basic hull you cannot be killed with one basic mine. From here - see demolisher case. If enemy buys more expensive mine - he has no chances because you'll be much more tougher than he with his mines together.

Actually, I had no game and no player who could show me how to play with mines.
This was my opinion.
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
I'll wait for the new version before i comment. Haven't really mined lately.

As the other guy said, generally the miner has low HP and low DPS because his cash is going towards mines. Thus, he relies on hero kills for cash. If people buy hulls, his mines become pretty useless.
hmmm perhaps a wrong time to raise a vote while the bug exist. Everyone will vote the mines should become stronger. 320 damage pr level is to much, and shouldn't be raised. I think it still should do less dmg. Mines are still to powerful...

TKF Wrote:Right now the mines does 60% of their original damage, so let not discuss that. Lets talk about it as they did full dmg
like in 8.28 and older versions...
I actually speak about older versions since in later noone really used to play with them.
I agree with vomitus, if you buy demolisher, you do it especially because of the good mines. You will get less creeping money, so you need to place your precious mines carefully (if you dont, you wont get a kill or even a teammate or your force will ks !!). Same with the bought mines! I like it, but if you are going to nerf it, it would become one less tactic for me...
I'll reset the poll when the next version arrives. Over half wants the mines to get stronger, most cuz of the mine dmg bug.
TKF Wrote:I'll reset the poll when the next version arrives. Over half wants the mines to get stronger, most cuz of the mine dmg bug.
As I've stated before, I voted fore more damage not because of a bug but because I used mines a couple of times before and made a decision of it's useless.
wait, where should be a mine-dmg bug? i dont know it, we(exo) changed the dmg-range-formular, but it wasnt a bug?!?

nvm, he'll change it again i think (no idea why he didnt posted it here yet)

__edit: if you think that the mines are buggy, use the bug-tracker forum pls
No Support via PM!!
It's not a "bug", its just that the relation between the maximum damage range and the activation range of the mines isnt quite right.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Exodus Wrote:It's not a "bug", its just that the relation between the maximum damage range and the activation range of the mines isnt quite right.
There is people who says now that the mines are perfectly balanced now cuz of this xD. I can imagine some protests from them when this issue is fixed in next ver :mrgreen:.
i think only people who never consider playing with mines would say that they are well balanced this version. they're not.
Quote: v. 8.29 |Increased the range of the Detector (750 -> 1000)

now mines make 100 more dmg --> 1600 -< 1500 ?

it was changed by, a new formel no bug..mh

well, if you play Demolisher, you have to try to "lay out a minefield" right, but that isnt, so easy, plz, remeber A.T. games, if one Team takes Mines.Tinker with bought first kit, or Demolisher, you can go for it with different Tactics, if you, do you ?

do you think in a puplic game "everyone knows" how to go against this , i dont' think so.If you know how to do...so good..as

you should buy a detector, when...

And 1600dmg, level one mine also kills one light tankk or a r0flcopter with 1500dmg :mrgreen:
Watch out, where mines are placed by the enemy, get a eye for it.

so, i don't think they are to powerfull, with Tinker, it's support tactic, @ mid game it can get harder if you didn't earn much money with placing your mines in the beginnig of the game [1min-10-20min]. The same with demolisher...you got 2000hp, weapon, handle try to find out what your enemy does, then, place mines...

so mines are good [Image: ownagesmilyoy7.gif]

greetz
[Image: dtpc3banner88x31.jpg]
Didnt really understand most of it, but yes, mines are really goodSmile
The result of previous poll was that majority did find the mines weak cuz the mines triggered to early. That has been fixed.

I have now reset the vote with the release of the new version. Mines have no longer 60% damage issue, and it's normal damage amount has returned and mines have returned to normal state again. You have to revote again... :mrgreen: But don't forget there is mine defuse kit which can neutralize the mines tactic!
Strong, good enough, weak... Mines are just annoying. I think they should be on a five minute expiration timer, but either way. I usually end up getting a hull sooner to deliberately set off mines so my (usually) dumb allies don't.
hmm lol 3 voted that the mines are to weak!!! in 8.33!!! I find that weird. Only 1 thinks they are to powerful. More votes pls...

btw you can revote!
I think "they need more powa" in captals is just attractive to vote onTongue
Well it seems the majority finds the mines good as they are.
Well the mines are very good, if you start with the minelayer your are almost certain to kill one or two times without being killed yourself (if you do it correctly), maybe it would be good to have a mine sweaper tank who can destroy enemy mines or even take them over. Maybe combine it with a teleport breaker type of ability.

Visjeplus

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  good that air ship is been upgraded what how heli 091846 21 16,821 2013-12-19, 17:47:31
Last Post: Flygplan
  Assist Mines PaPPa_D 0 1,789 2011-07-31, 09:38:55
Last Post: PaPPa_D
  Take a look a good laugh Cbud_ 4 3,471 2010-05-21, 19:01:12
Last Post: Velocity2k
  I think the to towers at base are to weak ! BENNIE.FM 31 16,760 2010-03-04, 22:45:56
Last Post: Paladon
  Infernal is too weak Lezowski 21 12,662 2009-11-26, 22:50:49
Last Post: Vomitus