Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BT Tool (revived)
There's a problem with disabling hotkeys if u write.
It happens to me every game. I'm a kind of player that chats a lot. I don't touch f8 key, and sometimes it just doesn't working. I have slot 1 under "d" key and it's often that i write "bo11om" instead of bottom etc. when i press enter hotkeys are disabled and i have to press f8 three times before it's on again.
enter will disable numpad hotkeys, press enter again will enable them if the are enable with F8 before.

So to chat simple press enter, type whatever you want and press enter again.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
yes i know that but what i'm saying is that it doesn't always work.
i press enter and hotkeys are still enabled. i press enter again (after i typed sth) and they are disabled. also to enable them again i need to press f8 key not once but three times.
The problem (of all hotkey tools) is you can't distinguish between an running game and being in the chat channel. So the whole time when you are in WC3 the toggle of the hotkeys will be active.
Maybe the best solution is to disable the hotkeys while in chat/lobby (F8) and enable it when the game is loading/has finished loading. When the game is over disable it again with F8. This should solve the problem i guess.
Velocity it doesn't.
I start game with normal working btt tool. Hotkeys are anebaled. I press enter to chat and it's still enabled. i press eneter again to send chat - it's disabled. then i have to press f8 THREE times to make it work again.
Well, I didn't actually test this with the BT Tool, but another Autohotkey tool. In Wc3 it's possible to leave the "chat mode" (aka close the little chat window) by clicking anywhere with your mouse.
So you either did this accidentally and confused the tool or you could use this to get it into the right mode again. Maybe this helps?
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Another quick trick to toggle the hotkeytool is to hold [RETURN] for about a second. That will open and close the ingame chat window right after but the hotkeytool only defects one press of the button and will toggle chatmode.
This can be a reason Velocity.
In warkey the conception was same but i never had problem like with btt tool.
Still i think btt tool is better. this is only option that doesn't work best.
are u able to check the source code of warkey and do it same/similiar way so this problem won't happen in next ver?
I don't know if the source code of this tool is available.

When you have the problem again you can also try to hit ESC. This will also toggle the hotkeys (because when you hit ENTER, start writing a message and cancel with ESC the hotkeys have to be reenabled). Did you hit ESC when the problem occured?
no i didn't. i usualy use backspace+enter and send empty msg
its not working on me!

Everytime i open it , my avast sandbox gives me 14 seconds and then it shut it down..
What should i do ?
Don't be racist!
Be like a panda
Its white and black
Asian but fat:)
(2012-06-11, 19:46:03)Sassspect Wrote: Everytime i open it , my avast sandbox gives me 14 seconds and then it shut it down..
What should i do ?
1. Do not use avast sandbox
or
2. Do not use the BT Tool
or
3. Find the problem between sandbox <-> BT Tool ^^

I did never use this sandbox. So i can't help you.
so is there any other way i can get hotkeys ?
Don't be racist!
Be like a panda
Its white and black
Asian but fat:)
(2012-06-13, 17:20:23)Sassspect Wrote: so is there any other way i can get hotkeys ?

play without any : P (like i do)
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
how to use this thing ?

i hear a sound after a few mints when i go on one of the 2 servers but i dont know how to join

Sad
SadSadSadSadSadSad
When you are on the server you have already joined!?
(2012-06-11, 19:46:03)Sassspect Wrote: its not working on me!

Everytime i open it , my avast sandbox gives me 14 seconds and then it shut it down..
What should i do ?

if you have any antivirus problems, just:
1) disable it temporarily by- most of the antivirus programs got this option when right clicking on them at the bottom right of your screen(active applications/programs)
2) run the bt tool by- double click on exe file -.-

OR

1) add this exe file in the exception list of your antivirus by- search to find it in the settings of your antivirus
2) run the bt tool
Sometimes the program is kicking you back to desktop and gives an error message something like "file is empty". I guess that happens when the tool is unable to retrieve the server infos. Please just ignore this case so one doesn't get interrupted while playing!
(2012-06-24, 15:20:43)ssl Wrote: Sometimes the program is kicking you back to desktop and gives an error message something like "file is empty". I guess that happens when the tool is unable to retrieve the server infos. Please just ignore this case so one doesn't get interrupted while playing!

Should be fixed in version 0.9.3
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Got a problem after formatting my computer and reinstalling windows, before it worked like a charm but now its "scrambled" and i can't change the inventory hotkeys (greyed out boxes). Tried both versions and using different compability settings but nothing has worked. Got any ideas?
Edit: included a crudely done printscreen of how it looks ^^

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)