Poll: Do u agree?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sounds good
38.46%
5 38.46%
That sucks
23.08%
3 23.08%
I want to eat applecheese
38.46%
5 38.46%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kicking qualified players from Qualify-Bot
Imo too much people play on the Qualify bot. So why dont you kick everyone who is already qualified just as everyone who is not gets kicked from the Ranked bot?:D

Imo Just TRY it, and if it REALLY doesnt work: Remove it!Wink
Give it a try ! O;
Disadvantage could be even more leaves when losing from quali-only-players in order not to be qualified.... And also even more multiaccs. With every account you can play at least 25 games.
but that may push a lot of players who are tired & bored of checking empty Ranked bot to stay there instead of stomping low-skilled players.

Also why would someone make 20 accounts just to be able to play vs. Low-skilled players? I think only really a few would do so.

If this would actually been done(my suggestion) in a time of great activity, like now( german holydays) alot of people may get used to play on the ranked bot. Also they will improve farther when they all start playing against good players. I guess there wont be any problem with more bad players, because of the balance system and there will always be someone who's worse and someone who's better.

If people dont want to play on ranked bot, they will easily leave one time and get their stay percentage down and may play on Qualify again.

Additionally this would solve a problem I'v noticed when I wanted to play Games for qualifying for the ranked bot: Between 3:00pm - 7:00pm I couldnt play, because there were maximal games happening. Since now are holidays in germany, alot of people play. This suggestion would lure most of them to Ranked bots.
- some players (like me) sometimes go play qualify because those games can actually be more fun. Most of the time qualify players care way less for winning than for having fun. Why should they actually care about winning, when they don't get anything out of it? Or why should they care for losing?

- In reality 25 games are like nothing in BT. I think in mean it takes about 150-200 games for someone to at least know the basics of BT by heart. I mean, no one tells them, and most online players are in my oppinion rather dumb. Whenever I go and try a new map in wc3, and whenever I've done in the past, I've most of the time being the best from the first time onwards. And that's not because I'm a genius, but because I CAN READ. Really, how many people aren't able to read tooltips, and how many do actually read them, but don't understand what they mean? So, IMHO qualify isn't really about qualifying them by their skill, but giving them a reason to not create a new account every time they lose a game, and to not leave every game if they aren't the best.

- I don't really care for german holidays, as I am - as most seasoned BT players are probably - aren't going to school anymore. I really like it when younger people, people who didn't grow up with classics like monkey island and the like, can still enjoy simple games like bt, which don't live from their graphics alone. But still, 99% of them got a really short fuse, are really bad loosers, give up really early, etc. So for me, I'd not like to have more of those on the ranked bots actually. Even after 25 games, they may stay on the qualify bot, if I'm to be asked.

- I don't care if you call more skilled people "stomping low-skilled players". If those "low-skilled players" aren't there to have fun, but only care about winning, they can play solitaire in imho.

But, as always, that's just my .50 centsWink

P.S.: Don't take this as offense, I think it's really great that you voice your oppinion and try to come up with "new" ideas (though that idea isn't really new, and you might have seen that if you had used the search function of the forum ... )

Best Regards
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
(2012-04-03, 23:32:14)griffin1987 Wrote: Why should they actually care about winning, when they don't get anything out of it? Or why should they care for losing?

Because it is a constitutive aim of the game. It is part of what makes the game exist in first place. Any game needs a set of constitutive rules and constitutive aims. If you don't follow the rules, you don't play the game. If you don't have the appropriate goal, you don't play the game. For example: If you move your pieces in a chessgame around aimlessly, but still according to the rules, your opponent is inclined to judge that you just stopped playing. And we all would judge like this if an opponent obviously does not try to win.
If a game wasn't fun who would play it Big Grin
@griffin: dont worry, im not too sensitive^^ I always take constructive critic =]
But to all your points you gave is one easy solution. All those people who may not play on Qualify and dont want to play on Ranked, can easily play on BETA bot !! ; )
So i guess that suggestion has another good point^^ It might help developing BT more!

Ye, rly nice how drog reply'd, I have exactly the same opinion. I once played >Risknextgen FFA Ranked< and its hilarious how many people dont play for win. If they dont, they dont play the game and ruin the game for others. If you want to play a game, you have to follow its rules, otherwise you're not playing the game.
In super mario for nintendo you also cant run in the left direction, if you still do everyone would laugh at you.

Again about this fun thing: Surely you can also try new strategies on the ranked bot! But that doesnt mean at all that you dont want to win!!!! Thats a really big difference. Mostly people who dont play for win are Retards or Assholes, since they ruin the game for all other 9 people, if you think about that u could agree, since trying a new strategy or being unlucky sometimes doesnt mean you dont want to win!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Qualify Max 0 2,266 2015-02-20, 11:06:49
Last Post: Max
  Training by Elite Players sherl0ck 1 3,197 2014-06-21, 10:58:39
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Qualify (ranked?) game mode Max 1 3,243 2014-04-16, 21:53:51
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Players ruining games psycodiver 3 3,207 2013-12-24, 04:41:25
Last Post: gozo1985
  remove giveup, change kicking griffin1987 9 8,709 2013-08-21, 16:22:24
Last Post: gozo1985