Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qualify games
Hi,

I'd like to bring something that have already been asked back. It's about qualify bot. Why not deleting kick command (just allow it for afk)? Qualify bot is for some guys who need to get back some % staying or to get some penalties back, or try new strategies. Then kicking them is just ruining their aim. Secondly if this would bring some bad behaviour in games, as deny to play (which isn't a kick reason if the player isn't afk) or feed in purpose, then more players would play ranked, which shoudn't be a bad thing (more serious games).
Another thing i'd like to ask is how about making red choose mode in qualify? For guys who want to play another way than only league there is no real other solution, all know that there are not a lot of priv games and if sb create a public game no one will go in, because there are not enough players still playing bt (instead in league)...

Thanks for feedbacks Smile
Greetings,
Max.
Hi,

I fully support this request.
I agree with most part and especially the change of default mode : as I play most of the time public. It is refreshing to have some differents modes once in a while. Plus I always liked the non "standard" mode : there is no more 30k 20 lvl mode :-(. But I like a trader from time to time, or exploder, tank monopoly.
Anyway the qualify bot is here to get people familiar with the game, not necesseraly to be the best on the league mod. And When I began playing this map being able to try a lot of things with different mode was a plus. Now new comers have to face a competitive map wiht all the hate for "newbies", "feeder"...

I think it is a good idea to get back some of the fun that lack in the competitive ranked bot.
competitive is good but doing some weird thing is another way to have fun with this game.

Ty,
Agreed. Or maybe even better make it possible to change mode at the beta bot. (this will attract more people so you can get the version you're working on tested faster and don't have to close qualify/ranked bot)
(2012-10-31, 22:40:05)Wupti Wrote: Agreed. Or maybe even better make it possible to change mode at the beta bot. (this will attract more people so you can get the version you're working on tested faster and don't have to close qualify/ranked bot)

The beta bot always had a free mode. But as we all could see, this didn't help at all.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
(2012-11-01, 00:00:28)Exodus Wrote:
(2012-10-31, 22:40:05)Wupti Wrote: Agreed. Or maybe even better make it possible to change mode at the beta bot. (this will attract more people so you can get the version you're working on tested faster and don't have to close qualify/ranked bot)

The beta bot always had a free mode. But as we all could see, this didn't help at all.

ah, didnt know that, played there twice only Rolleyes
Well it didn't help for beta but there are still lot of players playing in qualify, and i don't think this could make them leave, because if they wana play btanks there is no other way to play it (only league games are running).
And in my opinion qualifying games are made to learn, to improve, to try new things etc. Then if kick is on, some noobs who want to improve can't bc they are always kicked in games bc they are noobs.
And as i said, league games are the only ones running, then for guys who want to play sth different (different mode), they have to wait beta version and a day when quali is disable to play this way. I think it's a shame...
But I've also seen players leaving the game, because the red player set some options they didn't like (like fog for example). When there is a preset mode, be it normal, league or whatever, people do at least know what they are going to play, without having to fear that they have to play some mode they don't like (which would be bad, because Qualify also counts towards their stay rate, so they are forced to play something they don't want).
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Hum... I understood. But is there no way to host mode free games? Like another bot? Ok make qualify mode free one day a week for example? I just ask that because sometimes it's fun to play new modes. Or maybe just try and see if some players play in that kind of games.
(2012-11-05, 14:18:01)Max Wrote: Hum... I understood. But is there no way to host mode free games? Like another bot? Ok make qualify mode free one day a week for example? I just ask that because sometimes it's fun to play new modes. Or maybe just try and see if some players play in that kind of games.
there is no point in that. Since the beta bot runs 24/7 and it never fills. Its a free mode game you knowSad and the only way for that bot to fill is to shut down qualifySad
Hum, forgot that point...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Qualify Max 0 2,268 2015-02-20, 11:06:49
Last Post: Max
  Qualify (ranked?) game mode Max 1 3,244 2014-04-16, 21:53:51
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Long games - Supercell ; Titan Max 2 3,425 2014-03-28, 16:58:19
Last Post: Max
  ideas for faster games ckibibi 5 4,531 2014-02-04, 20:48:43
Last Post: eSVau
  Players ruining games psycodiver 3 3,208 2013-12-24, 04:41:25