Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"!latency 200" maybe used for US/Australia/Korea teams
We decided to use "!latency 200" for US/Australia/Korea teams involved games, if those teams request to do so.

The command gives small (max 200ms) delay to both EU and other teams, but the small delay can compensate a little for the connection/transmission delay of US/Australia/Korea teams.

The meaning is to make the game more fair, and reduce complaints about "we lose because of we are more laggy".
Latency 200 o.O

I think this is a little bit exaggerated. !latency 150 will be better...
olivercamel Wrote:We decided to use "!latency 200" for US/Australia/Korea teams involved games, if those teams request to do so.

The command gives small (max 200ms) delay to both EU and other teams, but the small delay can compensate a little for the connection/transmission delay of US/Australia/Korea teams.

The meaning is to make the game more fair, and reduce complaints about "we lose because of we are more laggy".

You gotta be kidding? 200? I'm rarely above 100 playing on US bots, 200 seems way over the top. So at least consider lowering it for those teams.

Only intern builds will work with that kind of delay... so boring :/
SC2: Equiem (Charcode 990), whisper me if you wish to practise some 1vs1 or grab some achievements

Repeat while playing: "There is no such thing as luck in Btanks" - Now watch yourself improve tenfold
1. The latency is all the same for every player.

Plus quoted Althend:
Pro don't die because of the lag.
the lag dies because of the pro!

2. For EU vs US games, the latency can set to 150 or lower, based on the request from the US team.
FYI: standard wc3 battle.net setting is 250ms (someone using his wc3 client to host a game without tools)
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Hi oliver,

Can your confirm this rule is still active and tested? I remember we tried this latency out when we practiced with your when RAFPVGN team defaulted and we felt that although your latancy was "200" ours ended up being much much slower in real time then normal on BTT bot without the latency setting making is near impossible to play. I also remember the 2nd game it became worse with gummy and one of our players spiking up to 1k ping/ms. Any solutions to this latency problem?
hsy1 Wrote:Hi oliver,

Can your confirm this rule is still active and tested? I remember we tried this latency out when we practiced with your when RAFPVGN team defaulted and we felt that although your latancy was "200" ours ended up being much much slower in real time then normal on BTT bot without the latency setting making is near impossible to play. I also remember the 2nd game it became worse with gummy and one of our players spiking up to 1k ping/ms. Any solutions to this latency problem?

This rule is still active, but not fully tested.

It means, when a game is between EU and non-EU teams, the non-EU teams have right to setup the !latency to any value, from 50~500. (But they also has to take risk that if someone disconnect, you cannot blame the !latency setting).

When a game is between 2 non-EU teams, both teams need to agree with the !latency value. Otherwise we will use the default one.

For Korean teams, they always asked to use !latency 50ms. And according to them this is the best option for them. Yesterday Dream team asked for !latency 125, and didn't see them complaining afterwards.

For me, I can feel obvious delay from latency 100 to latency 250, the bigger, the more delay to me during the test. But I don't know what the non-EU team will feel with this setting.
What is the default setting for the standard BTT bot? Or is it just whatever ms each player gets that corresponds to the latency they have?
There is an "autoadjustment" depending on the highest ping at gamestart but there is also a maximum for the autoadjustment: 125 ms.

A higher latency has to be set by an admin.
May we asked where are the bots located in the world and does how much of that effects the latency is its completely to do with the location of the player (eg. Australia).
uhm..
the server is located in france..
if it helps.. :?
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
hsy1 Wrote:May we asked where are the bots located in the world and does how much of that effects the latency is its completely to do with the location of the player (eg. Australia).

simplified explanation:
bot's latency setting is the time the bot (host) wait till it will refresh everybodies gamestate. So a latency setting of 100ms means that the bot will wait for 100ms before sending out new gamestate data to all clients. While those 100ms the bot will recieve from every client data packets of their actions (like moving, weapon fire, etc).

All those data packet need time to be send, this time is known as ping (normaly it would be the time back and forth, but ghost standard setting are listpicker alike ping which are half pingsTongue). That time (ping) will be added to everybodies action resulting in delay everybody has (more or less)
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Thx for the feedback guys! Big Grin much appreciated. Just trying to seek a viable way for us in Asia/Australia to play btanks with a better ping for tournament and clan game conditions.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welcome to the 13th team "KOREA #2" olivercamel 1 1,976 2010-08-22, 16:45:32
Last Post: olivercamel
  Welcome to the 1st registered BTT team "KOREA #1" olivercamel 9 5,806 2010-08-06, 10:41:30
Last Post: hsy1