Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airship speed nerf?
Man... You don't get it... The problem with air ship is that with this tank You can kill noobs easily and nowadays in ranked You have 7noobs(at least). You can win vs Air ship with storm, heavy, medivac, raider, heli, ghost or even light tank but You DON'T know how to counter it good... The speed of this tank is good. If you want to adjust the difficulity of the game for noobs make a TD maybe?^^
It's just my opinion as a good player. If you wont feed an air ship there will be no problem with its speed is it so hard to get it?
(2013-05-23, 20:54:42)Alexandro Wrote: Man... You don't get it... The problem with air ship is that with this tank You can kill noobs easily and nowadays in ranked You have 7noobs(at least). You can win vs Air ship with storm, heavy, medivac, raider, heli, ghost or even light tank but You DON'T know how to counter it good... The speed of this tank is good. If you want to adjust the difficulity of the game for noobs make a TD maybe?^^
It's just my opinion as a good player. If you wont feed an air ship there will be no problem with its speed is it so hard to get it?

there arent at least 7 noobs in every rank game. maybe your one of the best players in bt - i dont know or even care - and this is no construcitve feedback for a tank. and to see that other players and even devs sharing my oppinion the tank needs a rebuild maybe and the problem is its speed is enough for me.
also telling us its easy to counter by just listing some tanks emphasizes how senseless your post is.
You want to to post all the counters for an air ship here? Sorry, i don't have so much time to do it, the list it too long^^.
I just wrote in this topic a comment because i thought it was funny.
I saw it like this "We can't counter Air ship good what about lowering the speed of this tank guys?" it is the same as this "Hey, i can't play vs demon very well, what about nerfing it's ultimate?"^^
You want some constructive feedback? Tell me an example where Air ship speed is too good and i will counter it.
Regards.
Alexandro and Prog the problem was never i could play it or counter it so everyone else can do it also. Keep in mind we could counter anything with anything that doesnt prove anything. the fact that i am skilled and can play anything and counter anything doesnt make 1 tank any better or worse. if that was the case then why change the repair bot? i could counter it in many ways so everyone else should be able to do it thus its balanced right? then why change it? see thats not an argument.

the problem is that i want to make noobs stop taking this tank because of a simple reason they just free feed and dont contribute to anything in game with this pointless tank and they only take it because a) its air b) it has speed c) i use ultimate on creeps.

i just want its speed ability to be changed to something entirely different maybe some kind of skill that helps only teamates or change the q skill also to something that helps the teamates. There is no need to give that tank a free 3k gold advantage on top of movement freedom.
So at the beginning of the thread the theme was airship being op and needing a nerf. And now you want a change because it is a pointless tank that noobs free feed with?

Another sign that the tank is perfect right now for me. The speed is the defining feature that looks strong when used right (or being fed) -> it looks op. If the player is bad and cannot use the speed properly it looks like a less useful tank -> it looks like a "pointless tank". Skill makes the difference, exactly like it should be.

Btw: How did you counter repair robots on the side lanes? (because you claim you could....noone I know could counter a good player using repair robots without buying them too. I certainly could not.)
1.But the main problem here is not the air ship. The noobs are the main problem when they use it or play vs it, because they just can't.
If You want to change air ship, Battle tanks will be the first game that develops backwards. Instead of developing in a good way You want to make it more "playable" for noobs.
2. Imbalanced equipment:
a) Repair robots were nerfed because You couldn't counter it (only with another repair).
b) Double mechs were nerfed because nobody could make a fair fight vs them.
c) Poison was nerfed because the dps were too much to stand it.
d) Control point factory was nerfed because in 2 seconds You had 5 enemies on a cp with full hp.
e) Long range was nerfed because you could kill people on cp's without loosing hp and on side You couldn't even go out of cp.
And You want this
f) Air ship will be nerfed because the noobs use it wrong or play wrong vs it.
I see no sense at all:)
changing the airship is a step backward???
i guess most changes done in last months improved the gameplay of btanks. ok some need a few beta versions to get it work well (rep bots) - but now they used more often then it was before (when you just bought it to copmplete your ulti pack).

but we talking about the airship and i guess all here agree this tank needs a bit of a change. and exodus is already thinking about it - and like i said thats enough for me to know that this thread wasnt senseless at all... even if i dont get what you mean - i dont care.
Tell me a reason WHY does the air ship needs to be changed. Other reason than:
"the problem is that i want to make noobs stop taking this tank because of a simple reason they just free feed and dont contribute to anything in game with this pointless tank and they only take it because a) its air b) it has speed c) i use ultimate on creeps. "
(2013-05-24, 14:13:42)gozo1985 Wrote: changing the airship is a step backward???
i guess most changes done in last months improved the gameplay of btanks. ok some need a few beta versions to get it work well (rep bots) - but now they used more often then it was before (when you just bought it to copmplete your ulti pack).

but we talking about the airship and i guess all here agree this tank needs a bit of a change. and exodus is already thinking about it - and like i said thats enough for me to know that this thread wasnt senseless at all... even if i dont get what you mean - i dont care.

haha

You are responding to people who think the tank is fine as is with "all agree this tanks needs a bit of a change"? Big Grin
Perfektionist said the Tank is crap.
Tez.Sick said its a bit op.
Many people here said its an Ego Tank.

Ok not "all" agree but many, this Tank needs a change maybe.

PS: i would be happy theres a change but will not stop bt if notWink

(2013-05-24, 14:56:56)Alexandro Wrote: Tell me a reason WHY does the air ship needs to be changed. Other reason than:
"the problem is that i want to make noobs stop taking this tank because of a simple reason they just free feed and dont contribute to anything in game with this pointless tank and they only take it because a) its air b) it has speed c) i use ultimate on creeps. "

the reason WHY i think a change would be nice... just read my previous posts. and stop quoting what you think what my oppinions are. or are this your oppinions? if they are you answered yourself why it needs a change (in your point of view its a crap tank)
Well, what a lively discussion this is. Seems like you people really care about the Air Ship ;)

I don't have any final solution on the matter, but my first idea was this: (since the first thing that was mentioned, was the high speed)

Reduce the Speed Bonus of the passive to something like 100 - 120 ms.
And then I could give the healing drones a slow ability. Targets they attack get slowed.

This way the Air Ships gains an indirect way of slowing his enemies and compensate for his lower movement speed. The upside of a slow ability would be, that his allies also benefit from this. Furthermore, this could lead to maxing the drones first, rather than the lightning, which could (!) lead to a more team-oriented tank than it is now.

Although the Air Ship can become more team-oriented this way, it doesn't have to. This change would imo not be too big, to actually change the way the tank can be used to something totally different.

What do you guys think? Like I said, it's just an idea, nothing final or anything. I just wanted to provide something more concrete to talk about (other than this 'its crap' 'no its not')
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
im not a big fan of slow but its ok. yes there are many tanks and skills around which using kind of slow (storm tank, demon tank for example.) but there are other tanks with stuns or both so its ok to give the airship some ability to act more tactically than just to use its permanent hightspeed as a "tactic". some more options from your side to discuss would be great Rolleyes
(2013-05-24, 09:59:44)EarthR Wrote: the problem is that i want to make noobs stop taking this tank because of a simple reason they just free feed and dont contribute to anything in game with this pointless tank and they only take it because a) its air b) it has speed c) i use ultimate on creeps.

If the main problem is noobs being noobs, then changing airship won't solve anything. You think they would be better off playing heavy? They will still use ulti on creeps and use stun to "last hit" I see this all the time too.

It's like Alexandro said, any perception is Airship being "OP" is simply due to it being the most efficient tank to feed on noobs due to it's high mobility. Any of you ever heard of the player "fluorine" in qualify. I see airship as more of a "basic tank" which has a base advantage if left uncountered. Maybe in more simple terms (Heavy<Airship<Storm<Heavy) <<<<this is just a general statement, I'm not saying a heavy can't beat an airship or a storm can't beat a heavy

Comparing drones and shocker is like comparing thunder tank's aura and its storm, one of them is used more so for longer range play (shocker) and one is used for closer ranged play.

While your suggestion sounds really good Exodus, I don't think any change should be implemented when many people disagree that there is a problem or not. And the people who do see airship as a problem don't agree on why it's a problem.
Hello,
I don't think the changes are necessary, yet they could be nice. I totally agree with your idea, Exodus. It would be really interesting to have a beta with air ship skills reworked in this way.
I agree the tank is balanced, but it doesn't have much to do with teamplay and is overused (people stick to the free speed boost).
Overall, a great idea with the lowering of the speed and strenghtening the drones.
I think the tank is close to be balanced, air ship is not OP but favors ego play and is mostly a bad choice as team tank (read: as mid tank). It lacks any useful team skill but i have to agree with prog that not every tank requires to be a team tank.

I think air ship is often chosen because it not limited like a ground tank in it mobility but therefore it has reduced health which makes it an even worse choice for mid and less than medium players. Ever seen an LR air shit with last (s)hit shocker and just ulti creeping? As for the last-hit-stun-rocket-argument of a heavy for example, those applies more often for target out of range of other - not a nice as a well set stun but at least not as awful as a shocker used for that reason.
Shocker would be even better if used early to remove possible creep targets as well: but less than medium players are such for a reason and will countinue to die with a fragile air shipWink

i kinda dislike that an air ship has such a high mobility with speed upgrade which is a little bit too much in my opinion. It can outmaneuver ground tanks and nets are at the point of tank transition a hell of an investment to counter air ships.
I like exo's idea of a slight reduce of the passive speed reduce (20-25 speed per lvl, instead of 30 speed for the Jet Propulsion passive skill the heli has too) and implementing a little slow effect for drones (maybe stacking per drone hit: 2%?). Such a change wouldn't have such a high impact but the number looks like more balanced to me.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Hi,

Looking to your suggestion Exodus I think it would be nice to lower air ship speed as most of people said. An air ship lvl 5 speed is still faster than a heavy tank with up speed (8.5k gold still slower than air ship oO). But for slow ability to drones i'm a little sceptical. Sure it would be a real team spell for this tank but it would be useless if it does not slow a lot (like -15/20 speed lvl 5) and sensless if it slows more (-30 speed for example : if air ship go +120 speed and -30 on enemies it would change nothing from +150 now and no slow). Ofc it would need a good balancing, but still. I hope you see my point.

Greetings,

Max.
Max: lvl 5 air ship ulti is still weaker than lvl 1 heavy ulti. Should we nerf it?;p
Some tanks are better at this and some are better at something else. Esvau wrote a good post. You can teamplay with air ship spells (like clearing the creeps) but noobs don't get it and never use it for this reason:)
I still think the changes are not needed, but if the majority thinks in an other way then we will see how will You change it.
Regards:)
According to Your couting that Air ship which has speed on level 5 has 3.000 gold free item and Heavy Tank 5.500 + uped speed 3000 cost 8.500, You forgot to add the value when HT has skileed mortal teams on level 5.
It follows that HT with uped speed and maxed Mortal Teams costs 11.000 gold and Air Ship is missing 2.500 mortal team itemBig Grin

Air Ship is fine like it is. We have a lots of capabilities to stop air ship from getting fed, if some pro player is playing with it.
People are just using this tank wrong or are abusing it and it's the main problem.
Sure I got to agree with you. I just meant that if something had to be nerfed, speed would have been enough, there would not need to add slow ability to drones Smile
Maybe I don't have a new point here, but just telling you it's really getting tiring around BTanks on Qualify. Played a game yesterday - 8 air ships/10 tanks. My storm tank got a few kills, but there is really little you can do against two or three shockers and ultis coming one after another, even inside of your base... At least make airships killable by lowering the speed boost.
Regards

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speed Max 0 1,651 2014-03-29, 00:02:39
Last Post: Max
  Medivac ulti nerf Flygplan 17 12,657 2013-12-22, 08:53:10
Last Post: Max
  Mortar Teams - need nerf? Togra_blah 7 5,129 2007-12-12, 21:32:19
Last Post: Exodus
  Nerf the Ghost Tank? Gnome007 30 12,652 2007-12-10, 01:40:39
Last Post: DOGG1